Page 75 of 97 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1453
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah but there have been more recent examples now.
    Sure, but I saw another person referencing Identity Crisis in re to the whole mind messing thing with Jason. That one was 19 years ago. There have been people born since then that are legit able to vote and go to war now.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Sure, but I saw another person referencing Identity Crisis in re to the whole mind messing thing with Jason. That one was 19 years ago. There have been people born since then that are legit able to vote and go to war now.
    Well, if you want a recent instance of Zdarsky screwing Jason over, check out Urban Legends .

Extraordinary Member

You’re right but it’s funny to me some people belive Damian was the first to do somthing like this. It would
    Make me life if catwoman found out what happens to Jason and reflected on how this happened to her back in the day. But I doubt this was an intentional callback

I think what happened to Jason is a way to help Rosenberg, since no one cares what he writes but now everyone has seen how screwed Jason is and thinks "huh, how is he going to get out of this", probably with Steph's help.

Incredible Member

What Bruce did to Jason I don't think would work on Dick & Tim . Maybe it would work on Babs , making her remember when the Joker shot her .
    But with Jason , Bruce saw that his motivation was to kill the Joker , something the others won't do.
    As a Nightwing fan , it was cool seeing him have the codes to the BatComputer , something that I'm sure only Alfred had.

Honestly? I like Alfred and everything, but even I'm surprised by how little his absence bothers me (although his alternate universe appearance some issues back was kinda nice). I guess reading comics for so long has had an opposite effect on me than it has on some. I'm not longer as precious about some things as I used to be and am more willing to roll with it than I was before.

Also this. I'm pretty sure if editorial wanted Alfred back permanently, he'd be back. While it may've been King's idea to kill him off, he's not the one who's leaving him buried. It kinda seems unfair to blame him for that. Who knows? Maybe editorial is playing the long game with his return.
    I think if the Batbboks had handled things the way the triangle era Superbooks did, Alfred would have more active import rather than background narrative support. He was there to get Bruce to adulthood and to make an occasional quip.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    What Bruce did to Jason I don't think would work on Dick & Tim . Maybe it would work on Babs , making her remember when the Joker shot her .
    But with Jason , Bruce saw that his motivation was to kill the Joker , something the others won't do.
    As a Nightwing fan , it was cool seeing him have the codes to the BatComputer , something that I'm sure only Alfred had.
    Ironically, Nightwing is the one bat family member who has in canon actually killed the joker. Jason pretty much tried twice gave up even going after him and now years later he's back at it because plot needs him to since writers don't know what else to do with the character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Ironically, Nightwing is the one bat family member who has in canon actually killed the joker. Jason pretty much tried twice gave up even going after him and now years later he's back at it because plot needs him to since writers don't know what else to do with the character.
    But was because Jason wanted Bruce to kill him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But was because Jason wanted Bruce to kill him.

I really didn't know that Nightwing of all the former Robin's has actually killed the Joker before , that's very surprising .
    I only started reading Batman in 1992 so this must be from before then .
    You guys sure that it wasn't some imaginary story from like the '50s or 60's ?
    And I agree that DC doesn't know what to do with Jason .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I really didn't know that .
    I've only been reading since 1992 , well it's a long time , lol .
    Was this an imaginary story from the 50's or 60's ? Or really part of continuity ? Do you know the issue number # ?
    Thanks.

Was this an imaginary story from the 50's or 60's ? Or really part of continuity ? Do you know the issue number # ?
    Thanks.
    It was in an crossover series called Jokers Last Laugh. He didn’t kill him kill him, just stopped his heart for a bit. It was part of continuity. Messed Dick up for a bit.

Thanks.
    Joker: Last Laugh (2001)#6.
    It was part of continuity.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Ok Thanks guys , I do remember that crossover , Joker's Last Laugh .
    Yeah it was a really big crossover involving many books that I normally get .
    But had forgotten that Nightwing beat up the Joker that bad .

It's a similar plot to I think to Forever Evil where , Luthor had to stop Dick's heart just long enough , I think to stop a bomb and I remember Batman being right there and being really mad that it was the only way .
    I actually re-read Batman # 138 last night , just some of the key parts , it wasn't bad at all .
    I liked that Nightwing had the code to stop Bruce's computers.
    He trapped them in that net , but I guess that he had 2nd thoughts and threw Dick & Tim a Batknife so they could escape .
    That was a cool moment , guess that Zur was not in complete control at the time .

got 2 read the finale just now..

i was able to enjoy it for what it was.action packed book and revelations. the ending leads into batman 139 directly.

Last edited by MAR420X; 10-08-2023 at 06:44 PM.

One thing I find confusing about this event is the choice of which characters to promote. By this I mean you would think that the characters getting the most attention in the event would be the ones with upcoming or ongoing series, whilst the ones with nothing planned would have less panel time. Not to be mean of course, but just from a promotional standpoint it makes sense.

And this makes sense with Bruce, Damian, Dick, and Selina who who all have ongoing or upcoming appearances. But with everything that's going on with Jason you'd think he had an upcoming new series, but there doesn't seem to be the case, not that I've heard anyway. With Tim they might have assumed that his series would still be going when this event was pitched, so that makes a little more sense. You'd think Cass would have had more panel time by now, since she has an ongoing that started during this event. Then with Kate, I'd also have thought she'd have been more involved since she has an upcoming 12-issue series that takes place after Gotham War, apparently as a direct result (Kate and Luke disillusioned).

Ultimately it doesn't matter too much IMHO, since none of the characters are written particularly well in this event (in fact most are coming across as idiots), but I suppose we'll have to wait to hear about how it all ends to know for sure.