Page 63 of 97 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    How???

Just looking post Flashpoint-

Jason has had how many books where he was a lead? That almost amounts to about 100+ issues.

The Batgirls don't have that as they were deemed TOXIC by management for almost 10 years.

Damian doesn't have that.

Tim Drake has been held hostage by bad writer showcase.

Duke-We won't go there.

So how are those kids successful than Jason? When they have all taken backseats to Punchline, Ghost Maker and other pet projects since Rebirth?

Now if we talk Dick and Babs-different story.
    ????
    Replying to his post Proably meant jason in universe and Jason the black sheep compared to the other for going down the wrong path. That’s why he’s seem Bruce’s biggest failure because he’s responsible in making him.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If you ask me Tynion's Batman run was just exacerbating issues he already had on 'Tec.
    I don't know, I loved his run on 'tec
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    ????
    Replying to his post Proably meant jason in universe and Jason the black sheep compared to the other for going down the wrong path. That’s why he’s seem Bruce’s biggest failure because he’s responsible in making him.
    Jason didn't become a villain, that is just BS revisionism from mediocre writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Jason didn't become a villain, that is just BS revisionism from mediocre writers.
    Talking about revisionism???
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

That was done to serve the Red Hood's identity and general motif.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Talking about revisionism???
    Jason hasn't been a villain since the N52, more than a decade ago.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Those head in the gym bag would say otherwise
    Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt

I mean Danm he was for a time Nightwings nemisis

I guess Harley was never a villain either
    Last edited by Rac7d*; 09-30-2023 at 03:55 PM.

Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt

I mean Danm he was for a time Nightwings nemisis

I guess Harley was never a villain either
    He was never Nightwing's nemesis. At most they dabbled with the idea a bit here and there.

The bag was before the N52, back in 2005. Jason has spent more time as an anti-hero and core member of the batfamily than he ever was as a villain. So it is pretty dumb to have writers still treat him like only UTRH was last year, and even if they ignore RHATO, Jason keeps being dragged into a Batman crossover to team up with the family every other month

Wouldn’t say he’s getting dragged in, they keep trying to spin something out of these events for him because hes not really doing anything else.

That would be the case if he were a main character in the event in turn but Gotham War is the first time he has been put in the spotlight.

And when RHATO was running, it got derailed more than once to accommodate the crossover of the month.

All the Bat books get pulled into events and crossovers, especially the lowest selling ones. It’s what kept RHATO around. Point is Jason isn’t doing anything to be dragged away from. Hasn’t for a while now. If it wasn’t for events he’d be doing even less. Not that this is any good.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-30-2023 at 06:47 PM.

I'm waiting for this to hit DCUI, so the execution could be as terrible as everyone says it is. But I think that especially with it increasingly clear that it is more Zurr's influence alienating Bruce rather than it strictly being Catwoman's "plan," it at least sounds slightly more compelling than it did at first glance.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

cant dick argue he is fighting the corruption inside Bruce?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    From the beginning, Zur's influence is very obvious, and with each issue it becomes even clearer. It's not Bruce, it's Zur.
    That backup personality makes him look like a nutjob and it's like Andy Diggle writing Daredevil where he turned him into the Beast and that says a lot about the quality of this book which is so subpar. A huge L is happening here because this could have been averted if written more sanely but still delivering the goods.
    Last edited by Keno; 09-30-2023 at 08:14 PM.