Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1453

Commercially, it makes sense for DC to want Three Jokers in canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    It would have been fairly easy and relatively inoffensive to do too were it not for the absolutely boneheaded decision to make Jason and Barbara get intimate.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

They openly refused to include Three Jokers in canon even before the last issue, though, John was insisting it was in continuity.
    Just my guess, but I think staff like Bruce knowing who Joker is from the beginning, or his family being alive is something DC doesn't want to be in continuity. Which is why they're making ''canon version'', lol.

At this point I have no faith in Zdarsky to do any better with it than Johns did the way he's writing this title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Bleeding Cool is drip-feeding spoilers about the GW ending and what has been revealed makes even more infuriating what Zdarsky and Howard did with this crappy event.

spoilers:
    Vandal's plan backfires and provokes a meteor to crash at Wayne Manor creating a new Lazarus pit in the batcave and Zdarsky is planning to finally address the Three Jokers thing, that's right, Zdarsky is planning to make his own Three Jokers story as part of the main book. Joy
    end of spoilers
    ...What? I just...what?

I don't get any of this.

Looks like Disney and Zdarsky are in the business of doing remakes of old stories.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Zdarsky and Jimenez are big names. You may not like what he's doing, like many X-Men fans hated what Hickman did, but saying that Zdarsky and Jimenez aren't blockbusters is crazy.
    Nah most people loved HoX/PoX.. If there are others they are mostly silent critics and subjective character support like Jean fans . Zdarsky has done great with Daredevil. But almost all of his better works are AUs like Last Ride and Life Story. That's what it always is. I can guarantee his new Avengers Twilight book will be ten times better than this. As a Batman i don't care if it's an alternate universe comic as long it is good book. I don't give a f@# if it's canon or not. Other editorials from DC and Marvel are doing a great job except for Batman right now.
    Last edited by Keno; 10-29-2023 at 10:41 AM.

Ultimate Member

Ye Gods, this is impressively terrible.

Making War Games look good.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Nah most people loved HoX/PoX.. If there are others they are mostly silent critics and subjective character support like Jean fans . Zdarsky has done great with Daredevil. But almost all of his better works are AUs like Last Ride and Life Story. That's what it always is. I can guarantee his new Avengers Twilight book will be ten times better than this. As a Batman i don't care if it's an alternate universe comic as long it is good book. I don't give a f@# if it's canon or not. Other editorials from DC and Marvel are doing a great job except for Batman right now.
    The Black Panther fandom wants a word as most of the Peter Parker fanbase on that comment.

As for HOX-most folks don't have to broadcast their dislike-they just leave.

I don't get any of this.
    It's called taking advantage of the direct market and fan entitlement.

While mess like this would destroy a T'Challa or Aquaman-it's harder to do that with a book that is guaranteed to get x amount of pre-orders no matter the readers.

With variants now being a bigger deal-it would take forever for this book to hit the lower levels.

Along with a faction of fans that hate buy titles. Not the ones who are hoping for improvement but the ones that only buy it to complain about it nonstop.

Along with editors who can't take a HINT (see T'CHalla).

Lol They all have good books one way or another. I don't know about BP but Ultimate Black Panther looks good so is Ultimate Spider-Man. All I can say is that i just want a good Batman book and idc if it's not flagship, which happens every year except for this year perhaps.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Zdarsky is planning to finally address the Three Jokers thing, that's right, Zdarsky is planning to make his own Three Jokers story as part of the main book. Joy[/spoil]
    Great, Three Jokers is one of my least favourite Batman books as it's actively damaging to most characters used. It legit destroys Joker as a character on a fundamental level, and completely tosses the Batman/Joker dynamic. Johns has always been terrible at writing Batman and his world.

Of course Zdarsky would want to use it. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Great, Three Jokers is one of my least favourite Batman books as it's actively damaging to most characters used. It legit destroys Joker as a character on a fundamental level, and completely tosses the Batman/Joker dynamic. Johns has always been terrible at writing Batman and his world.

It sold like crazy so it’s valuable and will be used until it’s not

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It sold like crazy so it’s valuable and will be used until it’s not
    Clearly it wasn't as valuable as DC expected otherwise it would've actually left a mark on the Batman line.

Clearly it wasn't as valuable as DC expected otherwise it would've actually left a mark on the Batman line.
    The mini sold almost 1 and a half million, the 3 issues. Maybe the hardcover didn't achieve the success that DC expected (here in Brazil I don't think a hardcover even came out), bringing Three Jokers back would be a way of trying to make it sell.
    It's like that list of mandatory readings that DC makes every year, they are comic books that are on Amazon for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

And basically it all came down to a crazy Joker plot to make Batman hate him more.

The only thing of value that it really added were Fabok's art and the costumes.

Spectacular Member

Another reason to hate CBR writers…Batman must face the consequences of his actions in Gotham war and make amends with his Bat Family and Catwoman. Look he made mistakes, but everyone one of his family and Catwoman more so are just as more culpable than him. I am tired of these so called writers crapping on and blaming everything wrong anatman universe on his portrayal…tired and lazy writing.