Page 61 of 97 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Ya, Dick might be in trouble here. If Zur kicks in it seems like its gonna be fail safe vs fail safe, and if the goal is to continue to build up Zur they are probably gonna have him smash the other fail safe (Dick).

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, Dick might be in trouble here. If Zur kicks in it seems like its gonna be fail safe vs fail safe, and if the goal is to continue to build up Zur they are probably gonna have him smash the other fail safe (Dick).
    He had that beating scheduled ever since that cover was released in the solicits. DC will never allow Batman to lose to anyone, let alone in his own book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

Bruce has lost Alfred, his money, company, Wayne Manor, the Batcave, his hand, his relationship with Selina, and even his family. His sanity is rapidly degrading and he's being turned into a villain in his own book, but of course some people are deathly worried that he'll win a fight with one of his protegés.

Sidekick insecurity is an interesting thing.

I think it was confirmed that something controversial happens in this issue, so either it's what Bruce does to Dick or what he does to Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    Bruce has lost Alfred, his money, company, Wayne Manor, the Batcave, his hand, his relationship with Selina, and even his family. His sanity is rapidly degrading and he's being turned into a villain in his own book, but of course some people are deathly worried that he'll win a fight with one of his protegés.

Thats the point, seems its all going to culminate to Bruce hurting Dick. The fight isn't really the point.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm just worried that it will continue to be poorly written.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Not worried, i'm just stating a fact. It would be worry if i didn't knew what would happen, but i do, so it is what it is.

Also, it's pretty funny how Zdarsky has all this ideas that would be very affective on villains, but somehow it's inflicted on Batman friends. First Failsafe and now this device that can give a person a new personality that would be pretty useful on Joker, but it's almost being used on Jason Tood.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

I almost thought that Thomas and Martha picture was Dick and Babs

Extraordinary Member

He had that beating scheduled ever since that cover was released in the solicits. DC will never allow Batman to lose to anyone, let alone in his own book.
    The mission is not to beat Bruce but to rescue Jason

Spectacular Member

The last issue of Red Hood this week has nothing to do with what is happening here…there is no logic, and Williamsons book is totally different as is Ram’s…WTF?

Spectacular Member

Okay…I have read all main Batman lines for the last 40 odd years. Batman, Detective, Justice League of America, Worlds Finest, BATO, Shadow of the Bat, Legends of TDK, JL/JLI/JLA, Nightwing, Robin, Batman Inc. Batman and Robin…all versions, Gotham Knights, Batman the Dark Knight. There have been great stories, really good stories, mediocre stories, bad stories…but his run…it is just god awful. It’s super short, no real continuity, feels rushed, has nothing to with the other Bat Books. It feels,like DC said give us an event and we don’t care what it is. This is just bad…so bad my heart hurts because I love Batman and his universe. I have spent so many years investing my time, my money, my heart and soul into Batman and his books. I..dang it hurts reading this crap

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Wow, Bruce outright trying to write Jason off the book is downright stupid. The event was already a trainwreck but this is Zdarsky deciding to jump the shark while strapped to a dead horse carcass propelled by rocket. How the hell did editorial approve this mess? How did an editor look at the pitch "let's turn the title character into a paranoid sociopath that forcibly brainwashes his foster son into obedience" Yeah, that is what our fans want to read!"

The one silver lining is the fact that everything is so disjointed that chances are this brainwashing idiocy will be ignored by Howard and Rosenberg.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 09-29-2023 at 11:01 PM.

Fantastic Member

I am utterly disappointed in the lack of literary Jason in these panels. Dude should be making Clockwork Orange references and arguing about how murderers have the lowest rates of recidivism of all criminals.

You can’t tell me that Jason has never read “A Clockwork Orange” as well as seen the movie and isn’t willing to argue about the endings, in particular the original Burgess ending that shows Alex being capable of changing of his own free will. That should be his entire argument in support of Selina’s idiotic idea.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its surprising how bad Zdarsky is here. He's usually a good writer.

Is the Batman ongoing this toxic that it turns every great writer to shit?

Like Tynion is pretty much acclaimed on everything he does, but his Batman work was a dull slog. The man Batman ongoing is cursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its surprising how bad Zdarsky is here. He's usually a good writer.

Is the Batman ongoing this toxic that it turns every great writer to shit?

Like Tynion is pretty much acclaimed on everything he does, but his Batman work was a dull slog. The man Batman ongoing is cursed.
    Seriously. I find it hard to believe it's Zdarsky considering how well he's been with everything else. This is almost Wells level of bad.

Like ASM, is it going to start being a thing that Batman is better written in everything but his main title?