Page 37 of 97 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Some guy on reddit claims, that in #137 spoilers:
    Bat-Family doesn't side with Catwoman, they side with Jason, when he and Bruce start fighting, and only after the fight they figure out, that he works with Selina.
    end of spoilers
    This would be a good direction to have if it wasn't for the "I'm Selina's inside man" angle, making it so the first time in a while his siblings stand up for Jason, they end up duped by him.

Also, I've seen more and more rumbling online that Jason is actually Bruce's mole but as nice as that sounds, I think is just cope.

I feel like the benefit of having an inside mole would kind of be worth less strategically than accidentally turning all of the rest of your allies against you.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How are fans already scapegoating the Bat-family for this when the premise of this story is essentially a lover's spat between Bruce and Selina?
    I’m not *blaming* the Batfamily per say, my attitude is just “if we’re going to break the Batfamily up over and over again, we might as well just break them up for a good long while and roll with that until someone has a plan for what to do with a United Batfamily”. You could still have the yearly Batfamily team ups it would just be over in Nightwing’s book, and he’d be the one giving orders not Bruce. I think that fits with DC wanting to “level up” Nightwing as a character.

Will say that I think Jason being on good terms with Bruce and the Batfamily is dumb as hell, I’d rather he just be a lethal force antihero in another city somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    Yeah.

Also it's fairly obvious Zdarsky doesn't "resent" the Batfamily. He is just writing the classic storyline where Bruce pushes all his allies away and then reunites with the Batfamily to defeat the villain.
    Yeah that’s what he’s doing and it’s beyond played out. People are mostly rolling their eyes at this because it’s a plotline we’ve seen over and over again. There’s nothing new or exciting about this storyline, we can all pretty much predict how things will shake out before we ever read a page.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-04-2023 at 01:06 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Joshua Williamson and Simone Di Meo are working on a new Batman And Robin series, out from DC Comics in a month. I have been asked if it will be set before the current Gotham War series or after it. Well, best as I can work out, neither. It will be set during it. With Bruce Wayne and Damian Wayne living in Bruce's Brownhouse property in Gotham, publicly as father and son. Only Waynes In The Building. And clearly still out of sorts with the rest of the Batfamily over the Gotham War situation. But Catwoman's scheme to manage the crime of Gotham still in play, just not able to cover every criminal enterprise in Gotham, and there's plenty for the dynamic duo to deal with. And suggesting that Catwoman's New Gotham may be a little more permanent than we had presumed. Also, maybe these remaining henchmen aren't men at all? And yes, Damian will be going to the local high school…
    DC needs to get a different editorial team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m not *blaming* the Batfamily per say, my attitude is just “if we’re going to break the Batfamily up over and over again, we might as well just break them up for a good long while and roll with that until someone has a plan for what to do with a United Batfamily”. You could still have the yearly Batfamily team ups it would just be over in Nightwing’s book, and he’d be the one giving orders not Bruce. I think that fits with DC wanting to “level up” Nightwing as a character.

Will say that I think Jason being on good terms with Bruce and the Batfamily is dumb as hell, I’d rather he just be a lethal force antihero in another city somewhere else.
    There's enough supporting heroes in Nightwing as it is...which would totally fit Taylor. He could totally make WFA happen in the actual comics .

The problem with Jason is they keep regressing his character development and the fandom and editorial can't even completely agree with what they want to do with him so he keeps regressing or forced to fit into whatever box the story needs him to. You'll never satisfy everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    DC needs to get a different editorial team.
    Man, I was hoping B&R would steer as far from this as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The problem with Jason is they keep regressing his character development and the fandom and editorial can't even completely agree with what they want to do with him so he keeps regressing or forced to fit into whatever box the story needs him to. You'll never satisfy everyone.
    To be fair, all the bat kids are kind of stuck in the same place at the moment. Tim was a complete non-entity so they revealed him to be bi in hopes of giving him a push, Damian was flip-flopping between villain and hero for months until Gunn announced him as part of the film universe, I still can't figure out if Babs is supposed to be Oracle or Batgirl, and so on.

Astonishing Member

And suggesting that Catwoman's New Gotham may be a little more permanent than we had presumed.
    Didn't they spoil in solicits, that Selina leaves Gotham at the end?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its possible that while the organization collapsed Selina did wind up creating a new bunch of professional thieves for hire around the city.

Which is one way I foresaw how this could go, Selina essentially creating a bunch of new potential supervillains that she unleashed onto the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    To be fair, all the bat kids are kind of stuck in the same place at the moment. Tim was a complete non-entity so they revealed him to be bi in hopes of giving him a push, Damian was flip-flopping between villain and hero for months until Gunn announced him as part of the film universe, I still can't figure out if Babs is supposed to be Oracle or Batgirl, and so on.
    I do wonder how different things would've been if the Batgirl movie with Babs had actually come out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do wonder how different things would've been if the Batgirl movie with Babs had actually come out.
    Honestly, I don't think it would influence so much the brand. Streaming movies don't tend to be a so big thing.

Extraordinary Member

To do what?
    To go where?
    Mabey she should just be dead for a for a year then come back

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Huh I just now realized everything that's happening here is basically repeating elements in Z'Darsky's Daredevil

Selina's whole "rob the rich" is essentially Dardevil's whole revolutionary schtick he picks up there and Batman's declining mental state mimics Matt also going batshit insane the run.

So this is a Daredevil redux.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh I just now realized everything that's happening here is basically repeating elements in Z'Darsky's Daredevil

Selina's whole "rob the rich" is essentially Dardevil's whole revolutionary schtick he picks up there and Batman's declining mental state mimics Matt also going batshit insane the run.

If it is, it is not getting off to a great start.

Well, this is the same writer who has basically just been riffing on other writers' gimmicks or plots for a lot of his run at this point.

Spectacular Member

If Bruce is the Matt, then who'd be playing Elektra's role in Gotham War?