Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Someone correct me if i'm wrong but, isn't this the third time that someone has gone to war over the control of Gotham? I mean it was first Bane then Joker right?

Also, why are CZ and TH ripping off a previous Marvel story line written by Slott? You know the one where Black Cat became a mob boss and pseudo evil but it was just plain ridiculous and awful no one in their right mind bought for a second? Or do they have Selina actually go and kill someone for crossing her? I mean if they won't let her and Bruce be together at least kill that ship off by making her actually do something he cannot forgive and we can all move one from it.
    Scarecrow too I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    . . . Also, why are CZ and TH ripping off a previous Marvel story line written by Slott? You know the one where Black Cat became a mob boss and pseudo evil but it was just plain ridiculous and awful no one in their right mind bought for a second? Or do they have Selina actually go and kill someone for crossing her? I mean if they won't let her and Bruce be together at least kill that ship off by making her actually do something he cannot forgive and we can all move one from it.
    Selina has been the head of crime families before during Genevieve Valentine's New52 run, but she wasn't made "pseudo evil" for that. She reluctantly took control in an effort to try and reign in the overall violence that a gang war would cause.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Selina has been the head of crime families before during Genevieve Valentine's New52 run, but she wasn't made "pseudo evil" for that. She reluctantly took control in an effort to try and reign in the overall violence that a gang war would cause.
    Which I actually kind of liked.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

What happened to Eiko and Selina's brother from that run? It made great use of Black Mask and Penguin.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    What happened to Eiko and Selina's brother from that run? It made great use of Black Mask and Penguin.
    Eiko's featured pretty prominently in the current Catwoman run.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Valentine's were the only New 52 era Catwoman comics I liked.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I read about Catwoman becoming a mob boss during Batman Eternal but I don't pick up Catwoman as a regular book so I missed that run.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I read about Catwoman becoming a mob boss during Batman Eternal but I don't pick up Catwoman as a regular book so I missed that run.
    It might be worth it to pick up the tpb collection if you can find it at a decent price.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

All I can say is that I hope we get a Gotham War Zone anthology series out of this

Still bummed that the Flash One Minute War Special wasn't called One Minute War Zone.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

It is an awesome book - really rich in character and theme, and the first half had really awesome art. Second half art wasn't quite as good, but still fun!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

From what Zdarsky did with Catwoman in his latest issue of Batman, this is definitely aiming to kill that romance off for a long while. Oh well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    From what Zdarsky did with Catwoman in his latest issue of Batman, this is definitely aiming to kill that romance off for a long while. Oh well.
    In fairness to Selina how was she supposed to know that Bruce had an alternate mental state that built his own kill self bot that went off because Alfred wasn’t around to stop it and it then shot him into the multiverse.

Like I can understand Selina’s complete disbelief at the insanity of Bruce’s life, an insanity that he’s pretty much responsible for making. Also kind of a major design fail on Failsafe/Zur en arrh if it’s not not able to tell when someone faked their death to start a new life, especially when Catwoman put the pieces together first.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Coming from the same writer who came up with Valmont and tried to spin that as serious, it doesn't surprise me.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    In fairness to Selina how was she supposed to know that Bruce had an alternate mental state that built his own kill self bot that went off because Alfred wasn’t around to stop it and it then shot him into the multiverse.

Like I can understand Selina’s complete disbelief at the insanity of Bruce’s life, an insanity that he’s pretty much responsible for making. Also kind of a major design fail on Failsafe/Zur en arrh if it’s not not able to tell when someone faked their death to start a new life, especially when Catwoman put the pieces together first.
    I mean Selina should know he does crazy crap like going to Apokolips and other worlds and dimensions by now.
    "Cable was right!"

I mean Selina should know he does crazy crap like going to Apokolips and other worlds and dimensions by now.
    Yeah but usually that’s not the result of Bruce’s own actions.

Not to mention I could see Selina think that Bruce is currently blaming her for an ordeal he went through when she had no freaking clue.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.