Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default How do you think the Green Goblin will return?

I honestly like the idea of Harry Osborn coming back from the dead as Green Goblin but with a supernatural twist to it. Like it comes out Green Goblin split off from Norman somehow like a sort of spiritual split of some kind and brought Harry back wrong through dark magic or something like raising his spirit and putting it in a modified clone body. I like this idea as it'd be the perfect karmic problem for Norman as the Golden Goblin. I can see Goblin's spirit manipulating events as revenge for being rejected by Osborn and deciding to raise Harry from the dead as a twisted form of payback. I think for Norman trying to be a hero his son coming back and being under the control of his evil persona would be interesting to see. Also Harry as a villain for Norman in my opinion would be very interesting to see given Norman's many failings as a father. I also like the idea of Norman starting to see Goblin's spirit manipulate Harry and saying things like "You know Norman I'm beginning to think Harry is a son of mine after all."

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I honestly like the idea of Harry Osborn coming back from the dead as Green Goblin but with a supernatural twist to it. Like it comes out Green Goblin split off from Norman somehow like a sort of spiritual split of some kind and brought Harry back wrong through dark magic or something like raising his spirit and putting it in a modified clone body. I like this idea as it'd be the perfect karmic problem for Norman as the Golden Goblin. I can see Goblin's spirit manipulating events as revenge for being rejected by Osborn and deciding to raise Harry from the dead as a twisted form of payback. I think for Norman trying to be a hero his son coming back and being under the control of his evil persona would be interesting to see. Also Harry as a villain for Norman in my opinion would be very interesting to see given Norman's many failings as a father. I also like the idea of Norman starting to see Goblin's spirit manipulate Harry and saying things like "You know Norman I'm beginning to think Harry is a son of mine after all."
    Prob is Harry death was written very well Spectacular Spider-Man #200 and it’s been clones ever since they dunno what to do with Harry imo just keep him dead .

Extraordinary Member

I have talked about this before...Bart Hamilton (Harry's shrink) was cloned by Jackal. After the end of that have the clone escape and is able to re-create the Goblin Formula and the regenerative qualities of that stabilize his genetic structure.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

I'd like it to be a big character moment for Norman. Like, say Normie gets captured by a raving lunatic and Norman's best schemes to free him fail and the only way to keep Normie safe is the power-up from the Goblin Formula. A deal with the devil, so to speak. Selling his soul to save an innocent

I suspect he will return somehow towards the end of the Wells run. Marvel and their status quo must be upheld
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Part of me hopes they dont do it because I dont want to read the

I thought you changed story they are going to do with Peter and the hang down look on his face he will have for 3 issues because Norman helped him and now he has to go after him again and you know guilt and stuff.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

I don't care HOW the Green goblin will return, but WHEN he will return.

If Marvel keeps being idiot, surely they will bring him back at the moment Peter gets out of this junk and finds a new beacon of hope around here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't care HOW the Green goblin will return, but WHEN he will return.

If Marvel keeps being idiot, surely they will bring him back at the moment Peter gets out of this junk and finds a new beacon of hope around here.
    It seems likely, based on tpb solicitations, that we'll see some sort of Green Goblin story before ASM 40. No particular idea if that means Harry, Norman with his sins, or an entirely different person with Norman's sins a la Queen Goblin, but something is coming up at or before the New Year

My guess is that Norman takes on the sins because they've inhabited someone else (e.g. Peter) and the only way to save that person is for him to become a menace again. But I could also see Harry being resurrected and evil again - that'd be an interesting dynamic with Norman alive and vaguely reformed
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    It seems likely, based on tpb solicitations, that we'll see some sort of Green Goblin story before ASM 40. No particular idea if that means Harry, Norman with his sins, or an entirely different person with Norman's sins a la Queen Goblin, but something is coming up at or before the New Year

My guess is that Norman takes on the sins because they've inhabited someone else (e.g. Peter) and the only way to save that person is for him to become a menace again. But I could also see Harry being resurrected and evil again - that'd be an interesting dynamic with Norman alive and vaguely reformed
    Can you point me to said TPB solicits please?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I want to know too, please. Last time I checked, the only thing I found was about the next arc after "Spider-Man's Last Hunt" would be "Gang War", and that doesn't sound very "goblinish".

And frankly, I think the most probable source would be que Queen Goblin returning. Yes, I know she's dead, but also was Norman after being impaled with his glider the Night that Gwen Stacy Died. Remember, one of the Green Goblin's powers is a healing factor, and I'm pretty sure the Queen Goblin would have that too, possibly increased.

Mighty Member

https://www.amazon.com/AMAZING-SPIDE.../dp/1302953443

Since it's relevant to the solicit, I'll point out that this tpb includes Legacy 926-932, so 75 issues prior would be between 50-56 (Legacy 851-857).

Astonishing Member

https://www.amazon.com/AMAZING-SPIDE.../dp/1302953443

Since it's relevant to the solicit, I'll point out that this tpb includes Legacy 926-932, so 75 issues prior would be between 50-56 (Legacy 851-857).
    Thanks a lot Mr Schoonover!

Mighty Member

My hope would be that Norman is forced to retake his old sins for some reason, but overcomes them for long enough to get himself killed and die heroicly.That way there was some purpose to the whole thing. But....

75 issues prior to this is Last Remains, which is the story when Kindred took Peter and MJ hostage and killed him a bunch before Norman semi-rescued them and got shot by sin Eater. In other words, this is the part where Norman becomes GG again. Already.

How dull.

Also do we have a Venom story coming up then? Because it looks liek based on teh covers we're getting original doc ock, the "darkest storyline ever" (lol) will revert Norman. i mean i figure he's going to turn Eddie Brock back into the venom from 300 then too, right?

Mighty Member

Thanks a lot Mr Schoonover!
    No problem! Personally, I'd like to see another Harry story (AI Harry, resurrected Harry, new clone Harry, dealer's choice), but I'm sure the Gold Goblin mini, Normie and Liz getting symbiotes, Norman naming Peter his heir, etc., is all leading towards Norman's villainous return

Astonishing Member

No problem! Personally, I'd like to see another Harry story (AI Harry, resurrected Harry, new clone Harry, dealer's choice), but I'm sure the Gold Goblin mini, Normie and Liz getting symbiotes, Norman naming Peter his heir, etc., is all leading towards Norman's villainous return
    Thanks, but... Where exactly says the Green Goblin is going to be involved? Honestly, it can be refering to something else that happened on those issues.