Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
I had not considered the Kamala page not being the last. It just has such Final Page energy to it. That would honestly make a lot more sense, and then include a bit more of the aftermath for MJ/possibly reveal anything larger going on. I kind of half expect a last page reveal if the kids aren't totem magic, we see them back with their original parents restored to their previous point in time. Which is something I would think MJ would be happy about. Sure, she'd be sad to lose them, but she'd understand that being with their actual parents is the best option.

I'm totally with you on not wanting the Paul villain/slow break up with MJ arc. I am firmly team "Just have him be a dude" or "gay bestie" both are wildly better options. Write him out with 26. Have him be a footnote in MJ's life that we move on from. Pretty, pretty please.

Best case scenario, we get the reveal the kids are fake/MJ's mind was tampered with. But Paul wasn't responsible and is just as much a victim as her, and they agree to split because there was nothing real between them. MJ apologizes to Peter and they finally start to heal.

Do I think that's what will happen? No, not really, I think Wells is gonna drag out the Paul/MJ stuff longer if he can, but I'm trying to hope this is it and Paul is gonezo from here.

Best case scenario I can see here is just that Paul doesn't come back. Like the hugging page is the last we see of him and when MJ comes back she just says it fell apart after the kids died. Best case she tells Peter they weren't really together together and it was just for the kids, more realistic scenario is that Wells still doesn't see the problem and he treats it as just a relationship that's over. Gonna be real gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Why? What difference does it make?
There is no competition between Paul and Peter for a properly written Mary Jane. If we're going to get tortured scenes about her staying with Paul it's just gonna be stupid. While there also isn't any competition between Mary Jane and Felicia in reality, Peter is the type that he would stay with Felicia because dumping her just beause MJ became available would be cruel. It also matter because I like all of the characters in the two girl triangle and the one on the outside is also a t fault. In the two men scenario, Mary Jane is at fault and not on the outside. And I don't want to see any more of Paul and MJ together than I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
So Bleeding Cool posted the "death" scene and I gotta say, Rabin has to be the worst villain in modern Spider-Man history.

spoilers:
Splits Peter/MJ, allegedly creates two magic kids to "chain" MJ to, keeps going after her for years to become a "god", but can't recognize a shapeshifter.
end of spoilers

Wells is just embarrassing.
Eh, kinda weird given he's been given supernatural perception in the past (knows when Weyep dies, knows that MJ did it), but not the worst. My bigger issue is that, as I thoguht, Spider-Man has nothing to do with stopping the villain. In fact he doesnt' even get stopped. He just kills the wrong person and apparently dies as a result. Weaksauce.