Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM #26 Preview

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    I feel the same way. Without saying too much, it still doesn't really give us any greater reason. We don't even know why THAT happens yet, you know? We're still a bit in the dark, but it's a positive light for sure.
    I mean technically what we're assuming is happening there isn't necessarily happening. There could just be movement. Though it's definitely confirming their status.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I called a spoilers:
    love triangle
    end of spoilers happening in Year 2 for a while. Looks like it's on its way.
    As long as it's FMF and not MFM then we're on the good timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    Nothing stopping the kids from coming back at any time to troll us, and it doesn't change mj's deception and character assassination at the moment is it because of the kids she is with paul? I prefer that to save her but that would mean that she has been bewitched for 4 years which reminds me of the dark hours of captain marvel and his son.
    Once you establish they are not actual kids everything changes about your responsibilities toward them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I called a spoilers:
    love triangle
    end of spoilers happening in Year 2 for a while. Looks like it's on its way.
    as long as MJ is doing the chasing and not Peter
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I mean technically what we're assuming is happening there isn't necessarily happening. There could just be movement. Though it's definitely confirming their status.
    My major concern is that this is it, and it doesn't do anything to nullify that MJ chose Paul over Peter. If that's the case, that's still awful and will hang over this run. But again, we are missing crucial context so I'm holding out for more substantial story leaks than just an isolated moment.

Astonishing Member

Well, the last thing they have to do is somehow get rid of Paul and we all can forget this story ever existed.
    And Marvel should feel real shame for basically making people cheer for this, lol.

Mighty Member

My major concern is that this is it, and it doesn't do anything to nullify that MJ chose Paul over Peter. If that's the case, that's still awful and will hang over this run. But again, we are missing crucial context so I'm holding out for more substantial story leaks than just an isolated moment.
    Same. That's the big thing we need from MJ this issue and I'm not sure we're goign to get it. Doesn't mean we WON'T get it, but not this issue.

BANNED

Same. That's the big thing we need from MJ this issue and I'm not sure we're goign to get it. Doesn't mean we WON'T get it, but not this issue.
    This does give me more hope for something more substantial on MJ's part. Like maybe spoilers:
    When the kids are gone, whatever illusion they had over her vanishes and she realizes it was all a big lie/reality warp/whatever and she takes one look at Peter and remembers how much she loves him. That would be great. Could even be just a more subtle moment between them
    end of spoilers But to quote Malcom in the Middle "I expect nothing, and I'm still disappointed." is how I'm treating any and all expectations with this story.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    i thought the same thing she knows that peter will come to save her no matter what because he's "the good tiger" what a terrible writing for mj and i'm not even talking about peter who acts like this mj doesn't didn't cheat and treat like ****... but it's not mj's fault it's zeb well who doesn't even know what he's writing anymore.

I didn't think we could do worse than gwen stacy and norman and black cat who becomes a murderer for no reason in terms of character assassination but zeb well it's surpassing for mj and giving us a mix between Sins Past and OMD mj is totally ruined, now only betty brant is missing to come full circle.

It's been 20 years since I read spidey and this is the first time that I no longer want to read my favorite series, it's such an abomination this run I'm disgusted.
    Aside from all the hypocrisy/"cheating"/indifference stuff, Wells just turned MJ into an incredibly boring character. How does one even manage to do that. How do you take one of the most naturally likable characters in comics history, the leading lady/alpha female of this franchise and proceed to turn her into this boring hypocrite. It's almost as unfathomable as this run itself.

This does give me more hope for something more substantial on MJ's part. Like maybe spoilers:
    When the kids are gone, whatever illusion they had over her vanishes and she realizes it was all a big lie/reality warp/whatever and she takes one look at Peter and remembers how much she loves him. That would be great. Could even be just a more subtle moment between them
    end of spoilers But to quote Malcom in the Middle "I expect nothing, and I'm still disappointed." is how I'm treating any and all expectations with this story.
    while remembering how much of an idiot she been
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Aside from all the hypocrisy/"cheating"/indifference stuff, Wells just turned MJ into this incredibly boring character. How does one even manage to do that. How do you take one of the most naturally likable characters in comics history, the leading lady/alpha female of this franchise and proceed to turn her into this boring hypocrite. It's almost as unfathomable as this run itself.
    If you don’t like the character, and are intentionally trying to sabotage the character, then all this starts to make some kind of sense.

As long as it's FMF and not MFM then we're on the good timeline.

Once you establish they are not actual kids everything changes about your responsibilities toward them.
    Wanda says hi.

Mighty Member

I would be surprised to get anything that substantial. The most I'm hoping for is some line about spoilers:
    how she did everything for those kids and now they're gone
    end of spoilers. I'm a sucker, I don't need explicit confirmation, just the an explicit suggestion it was just about the kids. But hey, maybe the dream happens.

BANNED

I would be surprised to get anything that substantial. The most I'm hoping for is some line about spoilers:
    how she did everything for those kids and now they're gone
    end of spoilers. I'm a sucker, I don't need explicit confirmation, just the an explicit suggestion it was just about the kids. But hey, maybe the dream happens.
    I would also be happy with that. Hell, the fact that it seems the spoilers:
    kids are at the very least confirmed as being written out
    end of spoilers it hints that better things are coming and this crap will be undone sooner than later.

spoilers:

But seriously, this could easily lead to a grieving MJ going to Peter for solace, while a desperate and obsessive Paul experiments with his own knowledge of Magic Math, a.k.a. "Quantum Symbology," to try and re-create the kids just so he can prevent MJ from leaving him and have their family back. Cue his full-blown Supervillain origin as "The Living Meme."
    end of spoilers
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Good after it is not safe that the children only teleport to Rabin and that they will be saved by the sacrifice of ms. marvel... or that mj saves them with these powers.
    Last edited by mugen; 05-27-2023 at 10:45 AM.

spoilers:
    Watch MJ become a Superhero because she wants to get the kids back.
    end of spoilers