Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM #26 Preview

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

LMAO, so so stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Watch MJ become a Superhero because she wants to get the kids back.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    it would be funny seeing Mj trying to go back to that dimesion but unlike Peter the other heroes will be more willing to help
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    Good after it is not safe that the children only teleport to Rabin and that they will be saved by the sacrifice of ms. marvel... or that mj saves them with these powers.
    I considered this as well. While it is a possibility, I would think if they weren't totems/fake/killed off we'd see them in the final page with everyone huddled around dead Kamala.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Or, she becomes a superhero as an outlet for her grief, sort of like how some people turn towards self-destructive behaviors in real life in order to cope with loss. Remember, she told Felicia in the MJ/Black Cat mini that she didn't use the Jackpot watch all that often because she had a family, and she didn't want to risk pulling the dreaded "three skulls" even though it was a 1 in 343 chance. Now that she doesn't, there's nothing to prevent her from using the Jackpot watch more and more.
    end of spoilers
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

The fake rascals are dead.

Finally.

Paul should be next.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post
    The fake rascals are dead.

Finally.

Paul should be next.
    Are they? could it be a spoilers:
    teleportation instead, plus we don't know what's going on with Peter and MJ, funny to see this and people instantly think things are good. need to step back this almost changes nothing
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Are they? could it be a spoilers:
    teleportation instead, plus we don't know what's going on with Peter and MJ, funny to see this and people instantly think things are good. need to step back this almost changes nothing
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think the kids are truly going away without MJ seeing it happen. So it's possible this is just a teleportation spell. Given that we don't see them on the Ms. Marvel dead page, it's hard to say what actually happened to them.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Aside from all the hypocrisy/"cheating"/indifference stuff, Wells just turned MJ into an incredibly boring character. How does one even manage to do that. How do you take one of the most naturally likable characters in comics history, the leading lady/alpha female of this franchise and proceed to turn her into this boring hypocrite. It's almost as unfathomable as this run itself.
    yes it's sad mj had her own comics, she was an actress again, was dating peter and was going to move in together.

Now she writes of having cheated and leaving Peter remorselessly with a random, and spends her time locked up at home looking after the children, what a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    yes it's sad mj had her own comics, she was an actress again, was dating peter and was going to move in together.

Now she writes of having cheated and leaving Peter remorselessly with a random, and spends her time locked up at home looking after the children, what a waste.
    It goes against MJ's entire character to turn her into a stay-at-home mom in a loveless relationship. She saw her own mother and sister go through those experiences. It's her worst nightmare.

And this story failed to explore any of this for the sake of the mystery box.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It goes against MJ's entire character to turn her into a stay-at-home mom in a loveless relationship. She saw her own mother and sister go through those experiences. It's her worst nightmare.

And this story failed to explore any of this for the sake of the mystery box.
    Not that I have much hope of this, but it's always possible we'll get a real version of 25 in the future from MJ's actual perspective instead of the dumpster fire that was 25. ONe where we're in her head from her perspective and she's silently screaming the whole time.

With today’s leaks, I can only shake my head and laugh.

When the thing everyone is cheering over is supposed to be sad, it says a lot about how people feel about this run.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Oh, looks like the chains have been broken!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    My major concern is that this is it, and it doesn't do anything to nullify that MJ chose Paul over Peter. If that's the case, that's still awful and will hang over this run. But again, we are missing crucial context so I'm holding out for more substantial story leaks than just an isolated moment.
    At this point, it's a "poisoned" run, IMHO, so it might be best to look at things from the meta sense; the writer did the characters dirty and there's no "in-universe" justification (unless we learn that Paul was mind-controlling her or something).

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Or blame Peter for it and further estrange them.
    end of spoilers
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Even if Peter somehow barges into Marvel Comics HQ and force them at webshooter point to retcon this run out of existence, it would still be awful.

Peter in this run is a pathetic sack of excuses and ineptitude.

spoilers:
    MJ's about to go full Wanda.
    end of spoilers

and I'm here for it

spoilers:
    Why do you think The Scribble Man has been dropping 'Scarlet' references in correlation to Mary Jane.
    end of spoilers

Don't screw around with anyone you call spoilers:
    Scarlet's
    end of spoilers spoilers:
    kids.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Majesty; 05-27-2023 at 04:57 PM.