Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Shame you get that point about PG, and I get it, and probably everyone who posts in this thread gets it, yet they keep on doing the PG as victim thing. Naw, PG wouldn't cry about something that made her sad, she'd be out there punching whatever made her sad in the face, (metaphorically if not literally). She doesn't do crying about what's done, she just soldiers on.
    Karen's not a robot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Karen's not a robot.
    That is the one retcon they haven't done yet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Karen's not a robot.
    Never said she was. What I was saying it that she's tough mentally, and that she doesn't take anything from anyone.

All-New Member

Seems like Leah Williams only sees Powergirl as an imperfect copy of Kara and therefore somehow thinks that's how the readers (and Karen herself) see her as well. Ha! She has no idea....clearly.

No reason to change a character this drastically after this long....because the writer doesn't understand her.
    The "Paige" thing is ridiculous. I'm already done with Williams' harebrained take on a beloved character.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Never said she was. What I was saying it that she's tough mentally, and that she doesn't take anything from anyone.
    Everyone has their breaking point (which they can recover from). And it's not like Karen was entirely pliant and submissive throughout this story.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I dunno, I kinda feel like the astral punch thing was a little too on the nose and forced. Kinda like Peter Griffin doing his Road House roundhouse kick every which way.

It was like the book was saying, “see, we told you Karen (er, Paige) still throws down when she wants to.”
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog