Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Damian Wayne and Jamie Reyes are the only characters from the last 20 years that I'd say have broken through.

The ones I personally think are best are

Damian
    Jamie
    Jon
    Jessica
    Wallace
    Duke

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    That's not always true. Damin Wayne has had 2 Robin titles which DC cancelled before they got to 24 issues even though they weren't lowsellers.

Supersons wasn't cancelled due to low sales.

The character has yet to star or co-star in a title that was cancelled to low sales.

Just like you said, DC just isn't interested in carefully developing characters these days.

I understand that the industry has been going through a tough times for a while making it hard to devote the resources necessary to properly build up new characters slowly. Which makes it even more baffling why DC goes out of their way to undermine/sabotage the few new idea's /characters that found success. Like Damian Wayne and the modern Super Sons.
    I never said they were, I actually said that I think Damian is sofar the only successful new character DC has added in the past 20 years or so, even if his runs tend to get shut short for strange reasons.

Otherwise there were hand full of characters were their first series managed to last for decent number of issues (like for example Kate Kane, Jaime Reyes or Jessica Cruz), but the following runs didn't.

And for the vast majority of new characters already their first series was flopp.

I think Jessica Cruz could have been more of a break out character not just because she’s one of the very few Latina superheroes but because she’s had to work through emotional/mental health issues. It’s a pretty poignant and relevant trait for a modern character. Unfortunately DC had already introduced like 5 new human Green Lanterns before she had the chance to really take off.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Damian Wayne and Jamie Reyes are the only characters from the last 20 years that I'd say have broken through.

The ones I personally think are best are

Damian
    Jamie
    Jon
    Jessica
    Wallace
    Duke
    To be clear, when you say Jon you mean Jonathan Kent,right? And Wallace is the black Wally West? He was from the New 52,right?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think Jessica Cruz could have been more of a break out character not just because she’s one of the very few Latina superheroes but because she’s had to work through emotional/mental health issues. It’s a pretty poignant and relevant trait for a modern character. Unfortunately DC had already introduced like 5 new human Green Lanterns before she had the chance to really take off.
    You are absolutely right. I bought every issue of GREEN LANTERNS due to her and Simon Baz being fun characters.