Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cloud 9 was last seen in the Outlawed event. She's a member of the Champions Reinforcement Roster (i.e. reservists) and attended a meeting which was raided by CRADLE (and she did have lines, she wasn't just in the background). She laid low for the rest of the run, but I imagine had COVID not happened, causing the book to change writer at the end of issue 5 and be cancelled at issue 10, she might have ended up being a full time team member.

Trauma has appeared in Invincible Iron Man #600 (with other Initiative and Academy characters - Reptil, Striker, and Cloud 9), and in issue 31 of Slott's Fantastic Four (he's Franklin's therapist).

I wasn't aware of Trauma appearing in FF recently so that's pretty interesting. What's the status of Doc Samson these days? Is he still merged with Sasquatch and if so who is the dominant personality in that dynamic?

If Doc Samson is still sidelined it would be cool if Trauma could temporarily occupy the spot of preeminent counselor/Psychologist in the Marvel U.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, if we're talking *new* new, I've gotta nominate some of the new Arakki like Khora of the Burning Heart or Weaponless Szen. We might never see them again, in a few years, but right now they are pretty cool, and fun.

But they are also characters that don't seem likely to ever leave the X-ghetto, and become relevant to the larger marvel universe, which makes me think they are headed into limbo soon-ish.
    If we are talking about characters only from the last ten years, the only characters I can think of, (which I thought were decent) would be the two kids from Claremont's Nightcrawler series. Ziggy and Rico. But I don't think they've been seen again. Which I suppose is good, because the X-Books have been awful lately. It it's saying a lot about hiring, if the only new characters that can be compelling are from a guy whose most famous runs were in the 80s. But if Marvel can't hire good new talent, I'd happily let them uses capable people from better eras. Which really to think of, is a shame that they have been pushed behind worse writers of today. The Legends book is really the only one lately where the X-Men are allowed to be X-Men. And it's too bad that it can't just be the flagship book and the Krakoa era can be dunked in the trash, where it belongs.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I'm gonna go with Triage and Pixie from the X-Men.
    Nice. Thanks! Yeah,Pixie has appeared quite often. A version of her was in an X-MEN movie and...I believe, a video game?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    People really need to make distinctions between their personal favorites and what's a critical/commercial successful character.

My list of personal favorites who are not as successful but i'd stack up against against the Miles, Kamala,Spider Gwen etc as far as quality characters go:

Any of the core Secret Warriors cast

Any of the Avengers the Initiative core/initial recruits

Sun Girl, Aracely/Hummingbird

There's still maybe time for Marvel to maybe do more with Sun Girl and Aracely but how Marvel has dropped the ball and not continued in some fashion with any of the other two groups of characters with the exception of Eden/Manifold and sometimes Daisy/Quake i'll never know.
    Wow,the Avengers Initiative feels like it was 20 years ago! lol Heck,maybe it was! But yeah!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Koi Boy and Chipmunk Hunk.
    Were they in a Squirrel Girl book? lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JT221 View Post
    I hate to say this, but for me, none. None of their new characters have really been interesting enough to want to consistently follow. Really, the last "new" character they came out with that really did capture my interest was Moon Knight.
    Damn. Tough crowd. lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Define new. Because past ten years is very different from past twenty years.
    Just any new character(s) from the last 20 years.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT221 View Post
    I hate to say this, but for me, none. None of their new characters have really been interesting enough to want to consistently follow. Really, the last "new" character they came out with that really did capture my interest was Moon Knight.
    Considering that Moon Knight was created back in '74 or '75, that is harsh...and sad.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin