Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Thus far, this series has been riding the line of being just interesting enough to keep reading, but not nearly living up to the enormous potential of the truly dynamite premise of a prominent 1940s superhero being a closeted gay man.

It’s a damn shame, because I really wanted to love this book, but it just isn’t clicking with me as much as I’d hoped it would.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Thus far, this series has been riding the line of being just interesting enough to keep reading, but not nearly living up to the enormous potential of the truly dynamite premise of a prominent 1940s superhero being a closeted gay man.

It’s a damn shame, because I really wanted to love this book, but it just isn’t clicking with me as much as I’d hoped it would.
    That's kinda where I'm at. I love Alan enough to keep reading, but it's falling pretty flat for me so far.

Extraordinary Member

Alan Scott: The Green Lantern #5
    Writer: Tim Sheridan
    Artist: Cian Tormey

spoilers:
    So, issue #5 retconned the Starheart being connected to the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum. Alan accesses it through his own Willpower... I prefer the Starheart and Alan being their own thing separate from the Corps.
    end of spoilers

Also, I'm still waiting for Alan to get a personality in this series.

Astonishing Member

It's the same Alan, but revised.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    spoilers:
    So, issue #5 retconned the Starheart being connected to the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum. Alan accesses it through his own Willpower... I prefer the Starheart and Alan being their own thing separate from the Corps.
    end of spoilers

Also, I'm still waiting for Alan to get a personality in this series.
    Agreed.

Alan had a fine connection to the main GL via the star heart. We don't need the emotional spectrum crap.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    It's the same Alan, but revised.
    Emptied, more like

spoilers:
    I thought it was fine. Glad to see some actual action, though I'm disappointed that Red Lantern doesn't really seem all that evil, despite having committed a series of murders. If he's going to be one-dimensional anyway, I'd rather he hate Alan for some reason.

The Crimson Guard (or whatever they're called) was a surprise. Any guy was stupid for trying to take off Alan's ring - he should've done the "go in a bodily orifice" trick instead. Hopefully we'll get a good fight with the JSA next ish.
    end of spoilers

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This comic is this close to being good, but can't quite pur together all the elements into something satisfying to me.

I don't have high hopes for the conclusion, but maybe they'll surprise me.

BANNED

I really loved the ending, at least. Jay proving yet again why he's the nicest, coolest old dude around.

Incredible Member