Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

By the preview seems the story will be just for Alan homossexuality??

Amy Reeder's variant for #3.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Amy Reeder's variant for #3.

Gotta get in some fanservice with this one .

With what i am hearing, this book is already falling short in comparison to the ones about Jay Garrick and Sandman, in fact that the writer has already fallen to the tried and true" method of labeling people trolls, haters and other lovely labels if they don't support the book as well as weaponize members of the LGBTQ+ community to boost sales...yeah, like that has never backfired before.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    With what i am hearing, this book is already falling short in comparison to the ones about Jay Garrick and Sandman, in fact that the writer has already fallen to the tried and true" method of labeling people trolls, haters and other lovely labels if they don't support the book as well as weaponize members of the LGBTQ+ community to boost sales...yeah, like that has never backfired before.
    First off the book is NOT out yet.

The writer hasn't fallen off of anything. We keep seeing these books attacked and calls of boycotts before the actual issue comes out.

How many times does that have to jeep happening a book especially one of POC or LGBTQA or women gets every troll that was NEVER going to read it in the first place but need youtube or page hits start attacking the book before the first preview.

Or worst take parts of that preview to attack?

So that writer has every right to go off because not ONE of those trolls can tell him what is wrong with the book because it's not out yet.

Then when it's OUT-they still won't be able to tell him a thing except "Alan Scott is GAY."

Meanwhile folks who READ the book will be the ones stating Alan's sexuality is a minor thing.

Folks are tired of the trolls attacking everything that they don't approve of for existing. How hard is it to ignore a book that one is not interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

The writer hasn't fallen off of anything. We keep seeing these books attacked and calls of boycotts before the actual issue comes out.

How many times does that have to jeep happening a book especially one of POC or LGBTQA or women gets every troll that was NEVER going to read it in the first place but need youtube or page hits start attacking the book before the first preview.

So that writer has every right to go off because not ONE of those trolls can tell him what is wrong with the book because it's not out yet.

Then when it's OUT-they still won't be able to tell him a thing except "Alan Scott is GAY."

Meanwhile folks who READ the book will be the ones stating Alan's sexuality is a minor thing.

Folks are tired of the trolls attacking everything that they don't approve of for existing. How hard is it to ignore a book that one is not interested in?

Forgive me for being jaded and blunt but this is such a PR Media stunt by DC.

Maybe if it was Superman or Batman, that would be something, opposed to an almost forgotten golden age character. Tokenistic at best.

Of course, the book might be totally awesome as well!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I hope this book is great, Alan deserves it.

Like Tim Sheridan is arguably the weaker write compared to Adams on Jay Garrick's book and Venditti on Wesley's, so thats where my concern with him since Titans Academy was a trainwreck but I'm hoping he manages to give something good for this book.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The writer pretty much said it's about that in one of his twitter posts. I was really looking forward to the book, but the only thing Sheridan can seem to come up with for people to buy the book is to piss of the ComicsGate people. When asked what the story is about on twitter...he blocks the questioner. when anyone tries to have any kind of conversation about the book or character with him, he blocks them and then calls them names. If that's the best he can do to defend his book...then it's just not for me. Which after trying to read his Titans Academy, I'm not surprised. His writing on that book was terrible, but Alan Scott is a favorite of mine and I was willing to give him six issues to support the character. Now he only got two issues because I pre-ordered them due to his tirades and name calling. Wont be supporting anything else he writes either, regardless of character.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Question, wouldn't preemptively attacking people on Twitter/X when the book isn't even out yet (which i wasn't aware off, so sorry for being human and prone to make mistakes) make things worse? I mean it sounds like he was already passing judgement before the trial even started so to speak. It also sounds like he is trying to get people to attack others before anyone has even said anything at all about the book, which i can say for anyone else but to me sounds like a very bad idea as well.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 10-20-2023 at 08:04 PM.

Not picking on you specifically, but starting this over a book you haven’t read and didn’t even know hadn’t been released yet is a pretty succinct summation of the truly abysmal state of media discourse these days.

Not picking on you specifically, but starting this over a book you haven’t read and didn’t even know hadn’t been released yet is a pretty succinct summation of the truly abysmal state of media discourse these days.
    Very well, i'll just shut up now and not say anything else, better to not dig myself into an even bigger hole just because i didn't know one minute detail at the time or try to understand the logic behind attacking the readership before they even did anything worth attacking them for.

With that said, i hope this book does appeal to those who want it and it is everything they hope it is.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

To be fair, I bet we all have dismissed some form of media at some point (and was right to do so). Of course, it all depends on the credibility of the reporting.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm gay and just want to read a good super heroe comic book, hopping this is the premise for this series.

My concern with the gay content is that the preview sets up a situation very similar to that in Millar's Jupiter's Circle. Gay in the Golden Age is something that can provide a lot of story potential, if that's going to be a major aspect of it. However, when the preview looks much like a similarly done story, I will be nervous.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    My concern with the gay content is that the preview sets up a situation very similar to that in Millar's Jupiter's Circle. Gay in the Golden Age is something that can provide a lot of story potential, if that's going to be a major aspect of it. However, when the preview looks much like a similarly done story, I will be nervous.
    I'm curious what was wrong with how Jupiter's Circle did it?