Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

And after momentarily taking Jean and Synch out of commission, absorbing Firestar’s flames, infecting Iceman with a genus drop, slamming Wolverine, and foolishly overlooking Magik, who teams up with Spider-Girl, Nature Girl overwhelms Cyclops.

Who will save the day next issue? My bets (and hopes) are on Jean, Synch, Magik, and Spider-Girl.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I really gotta wonder how long they plan on dragging out this finale. The entire thing of the X-Men jobbing to someone they should be able to easily stop just do this can go on another week got tiresome back when we were in the first phase of this with Wolverine going after her. At this point, everything that has happened in this escalation is literally Doug’s fault for letting her out. Honestly, I can’t think of any way this ends in any kind of satisfying manner.

Spectacular Member

Please let this effing end already.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    And after momentarily taking Jean and Synch out of commission, absorbing Firestar’s flames, infecting Iceman with a genus drop, slamming Wolverine, and foolishly overlooking Magik, who teams up with Spider-Girl, Nature Girl overwhelms Cyclops.

Who will save the day next issue? My bets (and hopes) are on Jean, Synch, Magik, and Spider-Girl.

Vault Laura botched the fastball special. Jean and Ev are holding back not to kill her (But, she'll be resurrected without Curses influence on her personality). Illyana is more likely to take her down. As I continue following Lin's Brotherhood arc, she deserves to reflect her actions in the Raft or the Pit instead of erasing everything she done throughout XM Green. Wonder where's Cypher when things went south after Lin became chaotic....?
    Last edited by Pantherflash; 05-29-2023 at 06:54 PM.

Never would have imagined.

IMG_8518.jpg
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 05-29-2023 at 09:17 PM.

Such a silly story.
    Xmen teams with multiple omegas and power houses jobbing in an uninspired way is my favourite trope (why i always love the 90s Xmen Gold team, and Guggenheims Xmen Gold team)
    How do Genus drops even work on Iceman who doesnt have DNa in his ice form?
    Suddenly Nature girl has bullshit powers over any and everything smh
    Magik continues to be useless in this story
    Synch, you realise you can synch to other people apart from Jean. Like, idunno, Nature girl???
    Urgh, how many times are they going to kill scott
    Ofcourse Jean faints smh
    Did Firestar even do anything?
    Last edited by Del torro; 05-30-2023 at 12:36 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Such a silly story.
    Xmen teams with multiple omegas and power houses jobbing in an uninspired way is my favourite trope (why i always love the 90s Xmen Gold team, and Guggenheims Xmen Gold team)
    Synch, you realise you can synch to other people apart from Jean. Like, idunno, Nature girl???
    Ofcourse Jean faints smh
    The A team aren't 'jobbing' Lin. Synch's powers is a double edge sword against people like Emplate and Armagedón Girl if you read Out of Sync Gen X story. Magik is not ordered to go crazy against her yet. Bobby(As the comic relief on the team) is toying with Lin when he's supposed to keep her distracted so Jean can shut her mind down. Scott has always gone through alot of punishment, but...wow. Firestar choose to save innocent lives with Forge. Keep in mind, this is all free on MU and not worth $3.99.

As powerful as the team is, Jean set the "No kill" order.

Astonishing Member

“They failed Curse.” How? No, seriously, how? Did Curse go up and tell them she has to do bad things with her powers and they ignored her? Did they okay her turning one of their citizens into Natural Psychopath? Did Cyclops hold Duggan’s family hostage and force him to write the first arc?! Seriously, how!?

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Such a silly story.
    Ofcourse Jean faints smh

For Iceman, she mentioned there's a bit of his DNA spread in every cell of the ice he uses, apparently, which I'm kinda cool with.
    Magik is not useless but she's been ordered to do something which she does pretty effectively.
    Synch also follows Jean's directions and gets to help her.
    Jean faints but the explanation is rather good IMO. She used Cerebro on every single mutant once and it almost took her out. Feeling the pain of billions of insects must hurt.
    Firestar starts good but elemental powers against another more powerful elemental would not be the best strategy. Scott underestimated Nature Girl.
    NG's power boost kinda make sense. If you can control nature, you're very very powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    “They failed Curse.” How? No, seriously, how? Did Curse go up and tell them she has to do bad things with her powers and they ignored her? Did they okay her turning one of their citizens into Natural Psychopath? Did Cyclops hold Duggan’s family hostage and force him to write the first arc?! Seriously, how!?
    I think Magik's thinking is they should have been able to show they're there for mutants in pain and having trouble, and accept and help Curse with her powers.
    It's actually a nice continuation of Vita Ayala's character work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I really gotta wonder how long they plan on dragging out this finale. The entire thing of the X-Men jobbing to someone they should be able to easily stop just do this can go on another week got tiresome back when we were in the first phase of this with Wolverine going after her. At this point, everything that has happened in this escalation is literally Doug’s fault for letting her out. Honestly, I can’t think of any way this ends in any kind of satisfying manner.
    Maybe X-Men Unlimited 100 will be the final issue of X-Men Green!

Gaia (Thor's mother) who is Mother Earth herself!?

I love the moral dilemma Jean’s choice not to kill Nature Girl and those who aided her presents. And to be clear, she isn’t simply basing her decision on past guilts and newfound empathy and altruism, although she has always exhibited the latter two. Instead, she is extending the same compassion and consideration to Nature Girl and her accomplices that her friends once extended to her multiple times after she became Dark Phoenix. Jean could’ve ended this by “cracking Nature Girl’s psi-blockers,” as she put it, but she opted not to kill them to do so. This is the same moral dilemma Ororo grappled with during Sins of Sinister: Should the few be saved at the cost and sacrifice of the many or vice versa?

Then again, although it hasn’t been touched upon—I think it will be during Fall of X—Jean’s Phoenix Foundation diminishes the aforementioned dilemma.

Last edited by Mercury; 05-30-2023 at 05:03 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    For Iceman, she mentioned there's a bit of his DNA spread in every cell of the ice he uses, apparently, which I'm kinda cool with.
    Magik is not useless but she's been ordered to do something which she does pretty effectively.
    Synch also follows Jean's directions and gets to help her.
    Jean faints but the explanation is rather good IMO. She used Cerebro on every single mutant once and it almost took her out. Feeling the pain of billions of insects must hurt.
    Firestar starts good but elemental powers against another more powerful elemental would not be the best strategy. Scott underestimated Nature Girl.
    NG's power boost kinda make sense. If you can control nature, you're very very powerful.

I think Magik's thinking is they should have been able to show they're there for mutants in pain and having trouble, and accept and help Curse with her powers.
    It's actually a nice continuation of Vita Ayala's character work.
    Not even sure how much sense that even makes when Bobby’s ice form is completely inorganic to the point that even if his body is destroyed, he can reform himself from any source of water. If anything, it’d make more sense if they established that, when he’s in ice form, that he essentially becomes a psionic entity tethered to the ice that controls the ice form. Hence why he can be killed if there’s no moisture for him to reform from.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 05-30-2023 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Not even sure how much sense that even makes when Bobby’s ice form is completely inorganic to the point that even if his body is destroyed, he can reform himself from any source of water. If anything, it’d make more sense if they established that, when he’s in ice form, that he essentially becomes a psionic entity tethered to the ice that controls the ice form. Hence why he can be killed if there’s no moisture for him to reform from.
    I actually like it more if he just expand and colonize the water he turns into ice. It makes as much sense as the "psionic entity moving ice" anyways, and it makes him a bit more unique imo and maybe a bit more limited, which is always good.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I love the moral dilemma Jean’s choice not to kill Nature Girl and those who aided her presents. And to be clear, she isn’t simply basing her decision on past guilts and newfound empathy and altruism, although she has always exhibited the latter two. Instead, she is extending the same compassion and consideration to Nature Girl and her accomplices that her friends once extended to her multiple times after she became Dark Phoenix. Jean could’ve ended this by “cracking Nature Girl’s psi-blockers,” as she put it, but she opted not to kill them to do so. This is the same moral dilemma Ororo grappled with during Sins of Sinister: Should the few be saved at the cost and sacrifice of the many or vice versa?

Then again, although it hasn’t been touched upon—I think it will be during Fall of X—Jean’s Phoenix Foundation diminishes the aforementioned dilemma.

I need us to start collecting moments like this, often unless in the spotlight emphasis isn't placed on exactly what Jean is doing unlike her peers. But she has a ton of these fleeting moments that aren't these major spectacle but highlights her enormous skill.