Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    For Iceman, she mentioned there's a bit of his DNA spread in every cell of the ice he uses, apparently, which I'm kinda cool with.
    Magik is not useless but she's been ordered to do something which she does pretty effectively.
    Synch also follows Jean's directions and gets to help her.
    Jean faints but the explanation is rather good IMO. She used Cerebro on every single mutant once and it almost took her out. Feeling the pain of billions of insects must hurt.
    Firestar starts good but elemental powers against another more powerful elemental would not be the best strategy. Scott underestimated Nature Girl.
    NG's power boost kinda make sense. If you can control nature, you're very very powerful.

I think Magik's thinking is they should have been able to show they're there for mutants in pain and having trouble, and accept and help Curse with her powers.
    It's actually a nice continuation of Vita Ayala's character work.
    That would be nice if it was shown in this comic, instead our introduction to Curse is as a psychotic murder gremlin who thinks death is fun, then it gets revealed she warped someone’s mind into being a psychopath so she wouldn’t be lonely. Maybe they should have showed her ‘pain’ instead of using it as a reveal towards the end of the…..3rd arc of this, because otherwise everyone is going to think this character is a psychopath.

And frankly, this tragic backstory has got to do a lot of heavy lifting for how she was so gleeful about killing people. Because in Green itself it only looks like she changed her mind on this when Nature Girl started hurting people she liked.

And what's wrong with people believing a character is a psychopath, for later understanding how she got where she is by a backstory reveal ? It's litteraly a reveal.
    We were clearly not supposed to empathize (?) for her in the beginning of the story. Still not sure if we're supposed to now. She still was an *******.
    BUT it fits Illyana's latest characterizations (Wells/Gillen/Ayala/) to sympathize with a "monstrous child".
    Illyana and Kate discussed this while talking about her ressurection in the last X-men Green arc, so it has been "shown in comics" as you asked.

Astonishing Member

And what's wrong with people believing a character is a psychopath, for later understanding how she got where she is by a backstory reveal ? It's litteraly a reveal.
    We were clearly not supposed to empathize (?) for her in the beginning of the story. Still not sure if we're supposed to now. She still was an *******.
    BUT it fits Illyana's latest characterizations (Wells/Gillen/Ayala/) to sympathize with a "monstrous child".
    Illyana and Kate discussed this while talking about her ressurection in the last X-men Green arc, so it has been "shown in comics" as you asked.
    Given that the major voice we’ve had against her resurrection was Shaw, and that she’s slated to be a main character in a future X-book, I’m willing to take a stab at what the author’s intents are in regards to empathy towards her.

Its sad what happened to Nature girl . She went nutty. just that.

Spectacular Member

Curse was just a misunderstanding brat. Unfortunately, she got herself killed for the consequences on influencing Nature Girl into breaking bad. Looking forward to her 'reflection' on Magik's FoX team....

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Given that the major voice we’ve had against her resurrection was Shaw, and that she’s slated to be a main character in a future X-book, I’m willing to take a stab at what the author’s intents are in regards to empathy towards her.
    Cassandra Nova was a main character in Marauders. We were certainly NOT made to have empathy to her.
    But yeah, a wild guess is if she is understood and guided (by Magik) she can be redeemed. That's one of the main points of Krakoa (see : the Spark, New Mutants)(counterpoint : Marauders XD).
    I was just answering your claim that the talk about a way for her redemption was not in the book, while it was actually discussed in the previous arc.

I feel like it's just hard to accept that with all the wanton violence and death she'd gleefully taken part of but the ethics in this story has been all over the place since day one.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Who thinks Nature Girl will survive this?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Yes, and hopefully deprogrammed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    She had breached the singularly and squared the circle that was a rombus. We can't looses this for this is so bad is good done right(unlike Spiderman) they need to keep her as the high art that is murde nature god Armageddon girl this is high art. Art I say

Astonishing Member

This isn’t art, this is “We have Neil Breen at home”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    After reading #90, who can survive an elder god?

It's hard for me to care whether a character will survive or not these days. I mean, this series just had a storyline where Chamber went and retrieved his own severed head from a previous death and didn't act like it was a big deal at all.

Yep. The point was precisely that readers already didn't care much because we knew they were going to be ressurected eventually.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It's hard for me to care whether a character will survive or not these days. I mean, this series just had a storyline where Chamber went and retrieved his own severed head from a previous death and didn't act like it was a big deal at all.
    Raises the question how they managed to not get killed multiple times in their past adventures or by every d-list villain they came across.