Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Alright, anyone else laughed at Jordan White trying to frame the Brood nonsense as a legit issue?

Don't get me wrong, I totally get the humor of a virtue signaling, election-meddling liberal getting all pissy over folks daaaring to think/vote differently once every decade or so. Comedy gold, really. Alas, it didn't come across as satire. At all.
    Hey, to be fair, if they are going to hamfistedly force them together, they need some kind of drama/point-of-interest besides "aaaw, so classic."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Their timelines were wiped out. They don’t exist so they can’t forgive him.

I meant folks in the present day seem to be over it. I know I certainly am. Water under the bridge… from a timeline that doesn’t even exist anymore. So I guess there’s no water. Or no bridge. Either way. *shrugs*
    Their multiverse still exists after a fashion and people are aware of what happened. Better make sure they all get erased down to the last quark too. Then aim for The One Above All next, just to be absolutely sure no one's personal timeline includes awareness of those deeds. It's the only way to atone, Lucas!
    Last edited by The Twilight Mexican; 05-29-2023 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I wouldn't say surprised but it's not a spoiler or that hard to be like Betsy will be in a book. Rachel will be in a book. I mean that is a lot less spoilerly than all of these minis and all these events are leading to one point which fall of x especially when you read the sparse imo uninteresting solicits for them coupled with images etc. But i guess that's just me. One thing did stand out though Jean Grey as Captain Marvel, personally she was Marvel Girl so the idea could be cute but on the flip at this point it would be Jean claiming someone else mantle while still not getting to claim her own.
    I dunno, the Captain Marvel name is kind of over used. Don't want Jean in the Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel line.

Dunno what variations could work for an adult Jean
    Marvelous?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I dunno, the Captain Marvel name is kind of over used. Don't want Jean in the Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel line.

Dunno what variations could work for an adult Jean
    Marvelous?
    Probably if she didn't have her history with the Phoenix and if Captain Marvel hadn't become a legacy title like it did I might feel differently, but right now I don't believe it would suit Jeanie.

She already has the perfect codename and that's Phoenix, why mess with perfection?

Extraordinary Member

As far as JDW interviews go, this was not horrible. If he was not filling half his answers praising the books he would not be doing his job, but he seemed to try to answer the questions he was asked as well as could be expected. He should use the classic strategy of taking shots at the competition to make these controversial at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Alright, anyone else laughed at Jordan White trying to frame the Brood nonsense as a legit issue?

Don't get me wrong, I totally get the humor of a virtue signaling, election-meddling liberal getting all pissy over folks daaaring to think/vote differently once every decade or so. Comedy gold, really. Alas, it didn't come across as satire. At all.
    I thought any real world discussion about the Brood was about as heated and long lasting as an argument over a penalty call in a sports game. If the disagreement between two lovers starts to sound like two strangers on social media, the writer should start over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Hey, to be fair, if they are going to hamfistedly force them together, they need some kind of drama/point-of-interest besides "aaaw, so classic."
    Any characters that are coupled up should have relationship drama. All characters on teams, or that just have supporting cast, should have drama with other people. They should probably have some other character progression as well (not just feat progression). Someone could surely have come up with something better than the Brood being the 'wedge'.

So not to be that guy but it really does not feel like them making Betsy Captain Britain has quite worked out well for her. They’re trying their damndest to make it happen but it just doesn’t seem to be taking all while leaving her in the same corner of the X-books that haven’t been working. Meanwhile Kwannon, who they gave her Psylocke identity to has been thriving, receiving consistent usage across different books, was used in the recent crossover with Captain Marvel and is set to be a part of the Uncanny Avengers mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So not to be that guy but it really does not feel like them making Betsy Captain Britain has quite worked out well for her. They’re trying their damndest to make it happen but it just doesn’t seem to be taking all while leaving her in the same corner of the X-books that haven’t been working. Meanwhile Kwannon, who they gave her Psylocke identity to has been thriving, receiving consistent usage across different books, was used in the recent crossover with Captain Marvel and is set to be a part of the Uncanny Avengers mini.
    Maybe giving her 3 solos with a rather uneven writer was the mistake XD

I am really starting to think the people in the X-offices are not getting the right ideas together in the Krakoa era.

How many books have finished or got cancelled?

Add on if forgot some

Marauders
    X-men
    X-factor
    Excalibur
    New Mutants
    Hellions
    Cable
    Captain Britain

I know I am forgetting some but this is getting weird.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

I mean she was the lead of books for 36 issues so I think it "took" when you look at the Krakoa era as a whole. Her current solo is (finally) closing out the arc that started in 2019 so I appreciate her getting that kind of long story. What happens next is anyone's guess but if she's no longer CB from here on out I'm at peace with that.

My concern for Kwannon is that they're not putting enough effort, imo, to distinguish her from ninja Betsy. Hellions was headed in the right direction but right now what distinguishes her is the story of her daughter and her romance with Greycrow. I want to see a deeper look into her personally, rather than having her kept around because of her look.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I am really starting to think the people in the X-offices are not getting the right ideas together in the Krakoa era.

Add on if forgot some

Marauders
    X-men
    X-factor
    Excalibur
    New Mutants
    Hellions
    Cable
    Captain Britain

Fallen Angels, SWORD, X-Corp, and Legion of X most recently. I think their process of approving books one arc at a time isn't working and now we've entered the era of the minis. A lot of DC books keep going because the company is all about building their IP even at a loss. Marvel has moved away from that model but we'll see what happens once Disney have fully taken over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I mean she was the lead of books for 36 issues so I think it "took" when you look at the Krakoa era as a whole. Her current solo is (finally) closing out the arc that started in 2019 so I appreciate her getting that kind of long story. What happens next is anyone's guess but if she's no longer CB from here on out I'm at peace with that.

My concern for Kwannon is that they're not putting enough effort, imo, to distinguish her from ninja Betsy. Hellions was headed in the right direction but right now what distinguishes her is the story of her daughter and her romance with Greycrow. I want to see a deeper look into her personally, rather than having her kept around because of her look.
    To be fair, I think she was rather different from Betsy in the few instances she was in the books. Fallen Angels and Hellions were really good with that, and her appearance in Excalibur was one of the best thing in the book.
    In Marauders, she was rather generic I think. I have to reread the whole run but she was clearly not Orlando's focus. At least she got to have fun with her looks.

Extraordinary Member

Add on if forgot some

Marauders
    X-men
    X-factor
    Excalibur
    New Mutants
    Hellions
    Cable
    Captain Britain

It is hard to point the finder at the way these were handled because this is just the way things go at Marvel these days. I do wonder if a slower roll out would have helped. If they were willing to cancel all the books to start the Hickman era off fresh then they should have been willing to actually build up the line again. All of these FoX minis being released are not likely to be given much of a chance, with regards to anyone hoping one or more of these can hit the sales jackpot and get renewed based on dollars.

Add on if forgot some

Marauders
    X-men
    X-factor
    Excalibur
    New Mutants
    Hellions
    Cable
    Captain Britain

I'll just say that I think many signs point to the X-Men comics office being a poor place for creatives these days. There's a reason Hickman isn't involved in X-Men stuff anymore, why Neil Gaiman is willing to write stuff involving Spider-Man but hasn't done X-Men stuff any time recently, etc. People that have enough pull to pick and choose what they write aren't picking and choosing X-Men. Why?
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is hard to point the finder at the way these were handled because this is just the way things go at Marvel these days. I do wonder if a slower roll out would have helped. If they were willing to cancel all the books to start the Hickman era off fresh then they should have been willing to actually build up the line again. All of these FoX minis being released are not likely to be given much of a chance, with regards to anyone hoping one or more of these can hit the sales jackpot and get renewed based on dollars.
    Yeah it's a very weird time. Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty launched last year and a few weeks ago they announced Captain America Finale #1 dropping in August. It's a rotating door of titles at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Maybe giving her 3 solos with a rather uneven writer was the mistake XD
    Oh without a doubt. It’s kinda like ‘Marvel, if it didn’t work the first 2 times, why would you try it a third?’ Sadly, I can totally see them going for 4 thus hitting that definition of insanity of doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 05-30-2023 at 10:03 AM.