Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

"That was a book that I’m sad to say is ending at issue 5. We had hoped that it would continue and unfortunately it was not able to."

I hate that weak excuse for book cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    "That was a book that I’m sad to say is ending at issue 5. We had hoped that it would continue and unfortunately it was not able to."

I hate that weak excuse for book cancellation.
    That really doesnt sound like a an excuse for the book cancellation, seems like he wanted it to continue but it didnt, he says they had more plans for the book but due to whatever the reason it ended up getting cancelled
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Pouring one out for the Betsy-train, which seems to be winding down with the current mini. Know what that's like, friend. (Loveness's Nova, forever in my heart)

Still, what a run! Very excited about what's next for Betsy, in all her focused totality.
    Amen, friend. She’s received a lot of spotlight in this era and I’ll always be happy about BB:CB existing. I’ll be enjoying the next two issues and then I’ll implement my master plan bwahaha.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    lmao this is exactly what i felt reading it. lol. like this isn't saying anything not even spoiler free saying anything and the husband/wife allegory i literally heard myself whisper "wtf..." lol and the "The characters did it." like they don't write themselves. lol and gambit doesn't care about the stakes or morals? since when? is Rogue and Gambit the series he is basing this on? Gambit whole thing was he was weighed down by what happened in the mutant massacre someone nonchalant or who doesn't care about morals wouldn't be beating themselves up over that.
    Yeah Jordan says he likes Gambit as a character and the results are him hardly doing anything during the Krakoan era. The few appearences he has managed to scrape togheter shows a very sprawling picture with different versions in many aspects, for instance the ethics of Phillips are very far form those of Claremont. I think this might be a case of when Jordan says he likes a characters we fans should be afraid. I used to think limbo was the worse then anything but perhaps the most outliest of odd stories. Not anymore. Limbo was far better then say the recent Rogue&Gambit mini.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Wow, Betsy Book ending at 5. That sucks.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Limbo was far better then say the recent Rogue&Gambit mini.
    Amen, it is sad but true. If they don't show up on panel at least they can't be trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    That really doesnt sound like a an excuse for the book cancellation, seems like he wanted it to continue but it didnt, he says they had more plans for the book but due to whatever the reason it ended up getting cancelled
    Agreed. Cancellation is predominantly sales driven.
    My condolences to all of Betsy's fans. She had a tremendous showcasing through the age of Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Wow, Betsy Book ending at 5. That sucks.
    The book didn’t show up in the July or August solicits so we knew that was the case, but I was hoping for some insight on next plans but there doesn’t seem to be much of any at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yeah Jordan says he likes Gambit as a character and the results are him hardly doing anything during the Krakoan era. The few appearences he has managed to scrape togheter shows a very sprawling picture with different versions in many aspects, for instance the ethics of Phillips are very far form those of Claremont. I think this might be a case of when Jordan says he likes a characters we fans should be afraid. I used to think limbo was the worse then anything but perhaps the most outliest of odd stories. Not anymore. Limbo was far better then say the recent Rogue&Gambit mini.
    It’s a bummer how hollow his answer feels since we know that Phillips didn’t pitch their current series. The story came from editorial and it sure doesn’t feel like Gambit is “liked” right now.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Congrats Jbenito for getting your question answered!

Although I'm none too pleased with the answer LOL. I find it hard to believe the X-office was seriously expecting Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain to last more than 5-6 issues when they just recently concluded Knights of X with issue 5. It sounds like we'll have to wait until after Fall of X possibly to see Captain Britain again, which is a bummer.

Fantastic Member

the best news out of this is no more captain britian book marvel finally gets its i like the captain britain elizabeth character and raceal summers is great put at some ponit even if theyre your favorite characters you realize they just cant headline a series. our store barely sell 5 copies a month of this book. Im not overly hyped about some of the fall of x series doing welll. I just pray that 1 of the huge things i heard that happens in the hellfire gala issue turns out true then we may see a bump on some these books becasue as of now no chance any of these announced series overextend their run with a few of these books like realm of x jean grey iceman already doa before issue 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It’s a bummer how hollow his answer feels since we know that Phillips didn’t pitch their current series. The story came from editorial and it sure doesn’t feel like Gambit is “liked” right now.
    Yes and I would be more forgiving if it felt like there really was a direction and drive behind it. If Jordan really liked Gambit and he wanted to publish these stories but it doesn't feel like that, as you said it feels hollow.

It's a shame about CB ending. I didn't like Excalibur and KoX but I felt the strongest issues where when Tini Howard focused on Betsy. Her writing a CB book about Betsy trying to define what Captain Britain is to her with a foucs on the UK and Otherworld feels like what it should have been from issue 1. I think if we would have gotten to this point sooner when the sales and goodwill was stronger then the book would have gotten much more of a fair shot at establishing itself.

Worth it for the Betsy dresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Congrats Jbenito for getting your question answered!

Although I'm none too pleased with the answer LOL. I find it hard to believe the X-office was seriously expecting Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain to last more than 5-6 issues when they just recently concluded Knights of X with issue 5. It sounds like we'll have to wait until after Fall of X possibly to see Captain Britain again, which is a bummer.
    I smiled when I saw my name then the smile slowly faded away LOL. Indeed a bummer but hopefully she'll be included in what I believe will be the rise that comes after the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yes and I would be more forgiving if it felt like there really was a direction and drive behind it. If Jordan really liked Gambit and he wanted to publish these stories but it doesn't feel like that, as you said it feels hollow.

It's a shame about CB ending. I didn't like Excalibur and KoX but I felt the strongest issues where when Tini Howard focused on Betsy. Her writing a CB book about Betsy trying to define what Captain Britain is to her with a foucs on the UK and Otherworld feels like what it should have been from issue 1. I think if we would have gotten to this point sooner when the sales and goodwill was stronger then the book would have gotten much more of a fair shot at establishing itself.
    I agree. Regarding the preview for this week's issue a friend said to me, "we should have gotten this stuff around excalibur 10" and I had to laugh because it's so true. You're both right.

I can tell I'm getting to White. He's come to expect and hate me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That was a huge waste of time and all I can say is...2024 can't get here fast enough.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-29-2023 at 10:14 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!