Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I need some Children of the Vault updates and/or preview art!
    For real. CotV got me seeing Bish/Cable all swagged out.

bishcable.jpg lol. I didn't know i was so thirsty for Bish/Cable content until it was announced.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Then tell me that (the bolded)
    I'm not asking for specifics. But give me something more concrete than vague nonsense and bull-**** solicitations. I'm almost certain there'll be a "Dominion-sized" FoX one shot in December (that doesn't need any of the 9-plus LS that came before it to tell its story or make sense)
    "Dominion-sized one shot." LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Its possible if there's a one shot that wraps it up that they'll announce in the solicits or maybe SDCC, since that's probably around the time for the November solicits to be released. But I don't know about X-men/Immortal/Red being the main story for the event. Solicits for X-men and Immortal are related to FoX, but only mention one character apiece, while Red mentions more but is Arrako related than Fall related. Maybe they're hiding the books where more of the story, but its strange that they never mentioned a Fall of X title itself.
    Yeah X-Men Red will be focused on the Genesis War so I don't see that title moving the main Krakoa story. I think they've purposely kept the rosters and overall premises of Immortal and adjective-less fairly quiet because those two are the main engines. All we know so far is that Kitty is on the X-Men and Xavier is alone on the QC.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

bishcable.jpg lol. I didn't know i was so thirsty for Bish/Cable content until it was announced.
    I love their whole vibe here! I keep hearing Destiny's Child's Soldier every time I think of their upcoming series.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

[QUOTE=Jbenito;6485502]I love their whole vibe here! I keep hearing Destiny's Child's Soldier every time I think of their upcoming series.[/QUOTE

lmao thanks. I can see it. I bet Cable has time skipped to a few destiny child concerts. Bishop needs to bust out in a rendition of "Daangerrrrroussssssly in loooooove wittttth chaaaaasing Hope, I trrruuuuuuuuuly beeeeeeeelieved, thaaaaaaaaat sheeeee wouuuuuuld end the world fooooooor muuuutttttttttttaaaaaaannccceeeey. But Stoooooorm eraaaaaaaaaased thooooooses meeeeemooooriiieees so now she gooooooood wiiith meeeee!" lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Yeah, this is a team up I’ve wanted for awhile now. I guess ever since they made Lucas the villain of that Duane Swiercynski Cable series. Since he was possessed and also doing harm to future timelines that don’t exist anymore, and also because Secret Wars came along later and basically reset everything, in my mind he’s exonerated. But seeing him and Nathan team up again is basically the closure I need.

Now… if only we can keep them working together in an ongoing team book after this! That would be truly golden. My gut tells me X-Force is going to be ready for an overhaul after FoX. Percy’s got to be getting close to done with that title. New cast and creative team… Bishop, Cable, Sage, Domino, Wolverine (Laura)…

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I love their whole vibe here! I keep hearing Destiny's Child's Soldier every time I think of their upcoming series.
    lmao thanks. I can see it. I bet Cable has time skipped to a few destiny child concerts. Bishop needs to bust out in a rendition of "Daangerrrrroussssssly in loooooove wittttth chaaaaasing Hope, I trrruuuuuuuuuly beeeeeeeelieved, thaaaaaaaaat sheeeee wouuuuuuld end the world fooooooor muuuutttttttttttaaaaaaannccceeeey. But Stoooooorm eraaaaaaaaaased thooooooses meeeeemooooriiieees so now she gooooooood wiiith meeeee!" lol
    Oh, Cable for sure knows Destiny’s Child. He used to jump back and froth between the present day and 3999 A.D. all the time back in the day, and in that future he’d visit their libraries and watch holo-discs containing information about this era.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 05-29-2023 at 03:43 PM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah X-Men Red will be focused on the Genesis War so I don't see that title moving the main Krakoa story. I think they've purposely kept the rosters and overall premises of Immortal and adjective-less fairly quiet because those two are the main engines. All we know so far is that Kitty is on the X-Men and Xavier is alone on the QC.
    Makes sense. Maybe its just me, but this sort of piecemeal reveal kills interest. Either make it all confidential, reveal everything or don't do any solicits for the books. I see what's in the solicits, end up either caring or not caring and its hard to change, especially if there's a big gap between the initial reveal and when they drop more info.

Yeah, this is a team up I’ve wanted for awhile now. I guess ever since they made Lucas the villain of that Duane Swiercynski Cable series. Since he was possessed and also doing harm to future timelines that don’t exist anymore, and also because Secret Wars came along later and basically reset everything, in my mind he’s exonerated. But seeing him and Nathan team up again is basically the closure I need.

Now… if only we can keep them working together in an ongoing team book after this! That would be truly golden. My gut tells me X-Force is going to be ready for an overhaul after FoX. Percy’s got to be getting close to done with that title. New cast and creative team… Bishop, Cable, Sage, Domino, Wolverine (Laura)…

Oh, Cable for sure knows Destiny’s Child. He used to jump back and froth between the present day and 3999 A.D. all the time back in the day, and in that future he’d visit their libraries and watch holo-discs containing information about this era.
    I would totally be down for this. Imagine just comibing Bishop X.S.E and Cable's X-force. It could be like a real military book where these future warriors that have been revived are now protecting the present. I would Call it Guardians of X and make them galactic though. In this case X is a variable rather than a number. I would also put rasputin in it because between the three of them they should have enough future knowledge for one compelling book set in the present and should be able to actually get results. It also leaves a lot of breathing room for inviting in certain characters they feel could help change the odds of any particular mission besides the main cast.

As for the story i acknowledge the bishop story happened but the fact that he truly believed it is what makes it okay for me. it's not like he was out hunting hope for fun and then the possession and the demon bear story did help to inform it. I don't think hope should ever have to forgive him if she doesn't want to but i understand why the rest of the x-men do and cable would, though i believe if i remember correctly hope did as well, though she wanted him to keep his distance.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-29-2023 at 04:31 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I would totally be down for this. Imagine just comibing Bishop X.S.E and Cable's X-force. It could be like a real military book where these future warriors that have been revived are now protecting the present. I would Call it Guardians of X and make them galactic though. In this case X is a variable rather than a number. I would also put rasputin in it because between the three of them they should have enough future knowledge for one compelling book set in the present and should be able to actually get results. It also leaves a lot of breathing room for inviting in certain characters they feel could help change the odds of any particular mission besides the main cast.

As for the story i acknowledge the bishop story happened but the fact that he truly believed it is what makes it okay for me. it's not like he was out hunting hope for fun and then the possession and the demon bear story did help to inform it. I don't think hope should ever have to forgive him if she doesn't want to but i understand why the rest of the x-men do and cable would, though i believe if i remember correctly hope did as well, though she wanted him to keep his distance.
    oooh throw in cerebra from 2099 who is now in the present (that is four different versions of futures of varying time) and Sage (if anyone can splice it together and make the proper calculations for a brighter future) and this could be that book. lol And two futures are with krakoa in it and two are without so now you have a pretty decent sample ratio as well.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    hmm.
    I could see the loose connection as was done with FotM, but back then the event in UXM, XF and NM played out differently for each book during the course of three issues, simultaneously. FoX is five ongoings and nine limited series (so far) over four months and that just triggers my XoS "subvert their expectations" bull-**** ptsd.

What I want is for someone to tell me why I should read Spider-Kurt outside of me being a nightcrawler fan (and Alpha Flight for Jean-Paul, Realm for Dani, Dark for Maddie etc.) because as it is right now all I'm seeing is fourteen different books telling fourteen different stories featuring characters I love but not in significant, connected ways)

I know some (if not most) readers are single character-specific fans so they'll read anything their faves show up in but I was hoping for more from the x-franchise and the FoX plot as a whole.
    One thing that I think has messed with people's expectations for Fall of X is whether it's an event or a more of an "era" like Dawn or Reign. Naming convention wise one would assume the latter, but with the way these mini's are organized and the one graphic that seems to indicate it will only last until December, it seems a lot more like a loosely connected event. I'm not saying that this new approach that seems to be a bit of both is a bad thing, but I don't think they've figured out how to effectively market it.

Hell yes! Love this. It would fit with Cable being an Agent of S.W.O.R.D. too.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, this is a team up I’ve wanted for awhile now. I guess ever since they made Lucas the villain of that Duane Swiercynski Cable series. Since he was possessed and also doing harm to future timelines that don’t exist anymore, and also because Secret Wars came along later and basically reset everything, in my mind he’s exonerated.
    He was only possessed well after all his genocidal shenanigans, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackarow21
    Since he was ... doing harm to future timelines that don’t exist anymore ... in my mind he’s exonerated.
    That was literally Bishop's justification for murdering people as he was doing it: simply deciding not to consider them real because they might not exist any more if he succeeded in his mission (though he went back and forth between that and claiming he was saving them). That doesn't work as an excuse even by its own rationale since he had no way to even know if he was right, but it definitely doesn't work by any sound rationale (nor was it a conclusion supported by any other Marvel time travel story, for that matter).

But seeing him and Nathan team up again is basically the closure I need.
    Used to be one of my favorite things to see. Then they ruined Bishop and made zero attempt to rehabilitate him beyond handing him back to a writer and saying "See?! He's not trying to kill innocent people anymore, so it's all okay!"

Like I said, it all washed away after the incursions and rewriting of reality during Secret Wars anyway in my mind. That was another version of Bishop from another reality. At least as far as I’m concerned. And that works for me. Everyone in the Marvel Universe seems to have forgotten it. Or at least forgiven him for it. Even Cable and Hope it seems. So I’m good.

Spectacular Member

Everyone in the Marvel Universe seems to have forgotten it.
    Dani brought it up in the first issue of Bishop's currently running mini-series.

Or at least forgiven him for it.
    Future Cannonball and the billions of others he killed forgave him? Which issue was that?

Their timelines were wiped out. They don’t exist so they can’t forgive him.

I meant folks in the present day seem to be over it. I know I certainly am. Water under the bridge… from a timeline that doesn’t even exist anymore. So I guess there’s no water. Or no bridge. Either way. *shrugs*

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Alright, anyone else laughed at Jordan White trying to frame the Brood nonsense as a legit issue?

Don't get me wrong, I totally get the humor of a virtue signaling, election-meddling liberal getting all pissy over folks daaaring to think/vote differently once every decade or so. Comedy gold, really. Alas, it didn't come across as satire. At all.