Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Default Save One, Slay One: Sam Wilson (Falcon) or Power Man (Luke Cage)

Simple scenario: You've been handed a book with explicit orders to kill off either Sam or Luke. Your choice will have a permanent impact on the Marvel Universe on every platform, making retcons and resurrections impossible. Moreover, the character's entire history will be purged from every timeline. It will be as if they never existed in ANY reality. Who do you kill? Who do you keep?

That is just mean my friend. But if you were to put a gun to my head and make me choose I'd say save Luke. I like Luke and Danny's friendship and Heroes for Hire is usually great fun. I haven't read much with Sam in it.

These two are literally two of my absolute favorite Marvel characters since I was a little kid. Therefore I refuse to play.

Extraordinary Member

But why erase their history and legacy?

I would slay Sam and keep Luke alive. Simple reason...Luke is married and has a kid. If you erase him from existence and his whole history you lose baby Danielle and Jessica's growth.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Wings just got clapped! Sam gotta go. Luke Cage is one great writer (Ewing) away from being a boss character for Marvel.

BANNED

So basically you're polling us to determine which of the few, long-standing, black male characters we would murder because..?
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-31-2023 at 09:14 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm killing off Sam tbh. I like Power Man and Iron Fist more than Captain America and Falcon. Hell, kill off Steve too.
    "Cable was right!"

I still remember the thrill of seeing Power Man and Iron Fist on the stand when I was a kid. Just a cool sounding name that mentally adds its own 1970's explosion effect when you say it. POWER MAN AND IRON FIST!!! *KABOOM*

Sorry Sam. You gotta join Uncle Ben.

Well that's a little harsh
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I would team-up with Luke and Sam to nab the villain writer/editor who insisted that one of those great men should die.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Keep Sam and kill Luke. I fully acknowledge Luke had to evolve beyond the way he was presented in the 70s, but I think the watered-down version we have now, spinning out of Bendis's mishandling of the character, is a weak character who is far from his full potential.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I still remember the thrill of seeing Power Man and Iron Fist on the stand when I was a kid. Just a cool sounding name that mentally adds its own 1970's explosion effect when you say it. POWER MAN AND IRON FIST!!! *KABOOM*

Sorry Sam. You gotta join Uncle Ben.
    At least Uncle Ben is remembered.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Simple scenario: You've been handed a book with explicit orders to kill off either Sam or Luke. Your choice will have a permanent impact on the Marvel Universe on every platform, making retcons and resurrections impossible. Moreover, the character's entire history will be purged from every timeline. It will be as if they never existed in ANY reality. Who do you kill? Who do you keep?
    Why do you want to kill off specifically black characters? Please, explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    So basically you're polling us to determine which of the few, long-standing, black male characters we would murder because..?
    Yes, thank you!

What is the exact point of this thread?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Yes, thank you!

What is the exact point of this thread?
    To read Power Man and Iron Fist.
    "Cable was right!"