Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Depends of the character, but they could go out like Tommy Monaghan or like Jack Knight.

Hitman and Starman had very different finales, both giving their heroes a definitive ending, both were perfect, even if I agree with Ennis and think Tommy could have more stories told, it was a a great way to end his story, Jack Knight ended in the perfect way.

Yeah, Jack settled down with a family, and gave his powers (the Cosmic Staff) to the Star Spangled Kid, who then became Stargirl, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They shouldn't, not in the main universe at least. I like the ever-ongoing nature of comics and that every character is open just in case a creator has a new story idea for them
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

BANNED

I think it helps that Jack Knight was an obseroe enough charactor that he was allowed to retire. For now of course because lets be honest, somebody is going to end up bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    They shouldn't, not in the main universe at least. I like the ever-ongoing nature of comics and that every character is open just in case a creator has a new story idea for them
    These are pretty much my feelings on this subject.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The problem is the more and more knock offs they keep making without getting rid of any olders ones the more it dilutes the prime character. Marvel is not as bad as DC yet, but they are getting there. The worst is the Spider line with the almost dozen Spider people running around. Sooner or latter you have to either kill a few off or retire them