Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    1bulma1

Default Please explain to me again how Lorna is Magneto's daughter and who is her MUM

How exactly is lorna his kid, did magneto actually pregnant a woman and she gave birth to Lorna..I have forgotten the story

Magneto had an affair with a woman named Susanna, she had Lorna but pretended she was her husband's child. But they were killed when Lorna's powers manifested mid-plane flight. She was then adopted by her Aunt and Uncle, then it went back and forth on whether Mags was her dad but eventually (a good 30+ years after her debut!) She got a DNA test and their relationship was confirmed.

Hope that answered your question

Yes, Susanna was her birth mother who had an affair with Magneto.

Lorna got upset that they were fighting and manifested her powers blowing up the plane which turned her hair green. We never actually saw Magneto and Susanna together in 616 continuity, but we did in House of M continuity which was just Wanda tweaking things.

Last edited by jmc247; 09-06-2014 at 11:34 AM.

For a more in depth background of how it came to be. In 1968 Magneto returned to her life and wanted her to join him.

But, that story was retconned in 1969 along with the Magneto that it was supposedly only a robotic creation of Magneto.

After the mess that was made of her original story line I suspect by editorial at the time not wanting her to have an evil father given how the retcons played out writers wouldn't touch their relationship with a ten foot pole until the 90s starting in AU series and in the early 2000s moving to the 616 where it was first de facto around 2000 changed and then de jure altered in 2003. When I say de facto altered Magneto was already treating her as a daughter on Genosha and she was already calling him dad by 2002.

We find out in 2003 that she pre-Genoshan genocide found out her mother's plane was crashed by an EMP and that from taking Magneto's DNA and having it tested that they are related. In 2012 we find out that she not her father killed her mother.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-06-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Don't forget about her other sister Zaladane!
    zala.jpg

Ultimate Member

It was basically a retcon to make Magneto not look like as terrible of a father to her after Austen changed it and made her his daughter, still is that Magneto could care less about her for most of her existence until he needs her for something.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    zala.jpg
    Shhhhh, we don't talk about her. She's too confusing...

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcMuffin View Post
    There isn't much to talk about. Claremont had Moria say they must be related because she stole Lorna's power and then Claremont had her steal Magneto's powers. Now some at Marvel and some old time fans have been unhappy enough about Magneto having two living daughters and one dead one. Marvel isn't going to add another to the list.

That leaves what? Her being some kind of genetic derivation of Lorna or Magneto created in a test tube assuming Moria was right or if Moria is wrong as its not like characters haven't found ways of stealing other characters powers who aren't related perhaps none of them are related.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcMuffin View Post
    Her costume was fierce! though.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    For a more in depth background of how it came to be. In 1968 Magneto returned to her life and wanted her to join him.

But, that story was retconned in 1969 along with the Magneto that it was supposedly only a robotic creation of Magneto.

After the mess that was made of her original story line I suspect by editorial at the time not wanting her to have an evil father given how the retcons played out writers wouldn't touch their relationship with a ten foot pole until the 90s starting in AU series and in the early 2000s moving to the 616 where it was first de facto around 2000 changed and then de jure altered in 2003. When I say de facto altered Magneto was already treating her as a daughter on Genosha and she was already calling him dad by 2002.

We find out in 2003 that she pre-Genoshan genocide found out her mother's plane was crashed by an EMP and that from taking Magneto's DNA and having it tested that they are related. In 2012 we find out that she not her father killed her mother.

I wonder if the first 60's retcon happen cuz maybe they didn't want to deal with the possible controversy of out of wedlock sex/children?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I wonder if the first 60's retcon happen cuz maybe they didn't want to deal with the possible controversy of out of wedlock sex/children?
    I don't think they got that far along in their thinking. Remember this is a decades away from Claremont making a legitimate wife for him in a very different era in comic books. They could have gave him in that era a legitimate wife for Lorna, though she would have been 'evil' the way back then he was supposed to be 'evil'. Though I suspect they would have just ignored the question of who is her mother for a long time.

Back then you had a set of writers really representing the 1968 style and some 60s ideas, while editorial at the time was still entirely stuck in the 50s. Magneto was supposedly to be 'evil' not gray not revenge oriented, both generations of writers and editors agreed on that. The underlying message that was building in her back story was a conflict between father and daughter about doing what you believe is right or following what your parents want you to do with your life. That is where I think the conflict arose between editorial and the writers. That era of editorial was big on the 50s era messaging like do what your parents tell you... retconning it provided an out where she doesn't have to listen to Magneto and she doesn't have to 'stand up' to what her father wants.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-07-2014 at 06:13 AM.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    zala.jpg
    Mags is quite fertile isn't he. In AOA he had a son with Rouge.

1bulma1

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Mags is quite fertile isn't he. In AOA he had a son with Rouge.

urgh dont remind me of mags pedophilia in aoa. he had two kids older than rogue. rogue was a young child mystique brought for him to take care off and the next he did was to take her to bed and father a child with her. gross.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1bulma1 View Post
    urgh dont remind me of mags pedophilia in aoa. he had two kids older than rogue. rogue was a young child mystique brought for him to take care off and the next he did was to take her to bed and father a child with her. gross.
    How young was she?

I hadn't even realized Lorna had been Mag's daughter before Wanda and Pietro.