Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    I hadn't even realized Lorna had been Mag's daughter before Wanda and Pietro.
    It's easy to miss. They did the story back in the 60's and then undid almost immediately and didn't refer to it again for like 30yrs. When I got back into comics I'd totally didn't know until I saw someone referrence the issue where it was made definite.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bulma1 View Post
    urgh dont remind me of mags pedophilia in aoa. he had two kids older than rogue. rogue was a young child mystique brought for him to take care off and the next he did was to take her to bed and father a child with her. gross.
    That isn't what actually happened in AoA. Rogue may have been introduced in the prologue as having been dropped off as a new recruit about 18. But she was not Magneto's daughter and at least 5 years pass before the next time we see them and she is a senior member of his team. They are not married yet just dating. The pedophilia claim is maybe a slight misinterpretation of events.
    Last edited by jen; 09-07-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's easy to miss. They did the story back in the 60's and then undid almost immediately and didn't refer to it again for like 30yrs. When I got back into comics I'd totally didn't know until I saw someone referrence the issue where it was made definite.
    The whole storyline really hurt Lorna because when X-Men was resurrected Storm was sitting in the place she had on the X-Men, as Jean's BFF, etc.

What was Lorna left with in the 70s and 80s? For the most part being Havok's girlfriend in limbo and being a mind controlled jobber character. The few other things that writers tried with her from the Zaladane storyline and super strong negative energy Lorna went nowhere.

If not for the retcon I suspect she would have ended up the anti-Jean in the 70s and 80s with Jean being Xavier's female teenage/early 20s disciple and Lorna being Magneto's female teenage/early 20s disciple. I suspect she would have been treated alot more respectful back then. She also wouldn't have completely lost the edge she had in the 60s. By 1999/2000 with Havok's gone Marvel including Claremont came to a close approximation of what I suspect would have been the idea that they would have had long before for Lorna if her original story line wasn't overturned.

Lorna of the 60s was the toughest and edgiest of x-characters, for much of the 70s and 80s with a few exceptions she was a cliche of a 50s overly emotional weak willed woman to contrast with the empowered females like Storm and Jean. That also likely wouldn't have happened if not for the 60s retcon. New X-Men 132 had a great scene (alot of them actually) if you consider by that point in time Lorna was Magneto's acolyte and Jean was Xavier's acolyte them together in the ruins of Genosha together.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-07-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Can people please just accept Lorna is Magneto's daughter.
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Ultimate Member

It's possible that because for decades she wasn't, then Austen, who made plenty of bad choices, changed it out of nowhere...as for Lorna, it's funny that she gets slammed for all of those years to make Storm and Jean look good, but who gets the blame for that...Jean and Storm...oh no, it's all Alex's fault, who btw I don't remember getting a big push back then outside of his last name, which is pretty much the only reason for his being on Remender's team right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It was basically a retcon to make Magneto not look like as terrible of a father to her after Austen changed it and made her his daughter, still is that Magneto could care less about her for most of her existence until he needs her for something.

When has Magneto ever went to Lorna for anything except be her teacher and save her from intergalactic enemies after her X family left her for dead?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 1bulma1 View Post
    urgh dont remind me of mags pedophilia in aoa. he had two kids older than rogue. rogue was a young child mystique brought for him to take care off and the next he did was to take her to bed and father a child with her. gross.
    Rogue wanted to be with him from the get go. If she didnt, they wouldn't had sex, had a son, or gotten married. Believe it or not, Rogue has a mind of her own. Gotta love the Gambit fans always slaughtering the reality of the canon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    How young was she?
    Late teens...20 at the most...not illegal but still creepy (especially since he was her teacher)...even moreso than their coupling in 616 (which has always creeped me out something fierce).

BANNED

If that creeps u out, then Wolverine and jean...him and Domino...him and Storm is pretty sick.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    Rogue wanted to be with him from the get go. If she didnt, they wouldn't had sex, had a son, or gotten married. Believe it or not, Rogue has a mind of her own. Gotta love the Gambit fans always slaughtering the reality of the canon.
    Gambit's got nothing to do with it...it was creepy before Gambit & Rogue ever met...Teen Jeen recently tried to hook up with adult Cyclops...he shut her down but, if he hadn't, I don't think you'd be here arguing that it was Jeen's choice so no harm, no foul.

Astonishing Member

If that creeps u out, then Wolverine and jean...him and Domino...him and Storm is pretty sick.
    Wolverine and ANYONE creeps me out...but especially Jean...she was barely legal when he started stalking her and he was ancient (granted, he didn't know how ancient but he knew he was old).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    That isn't what actually happened in AoA. Rogue may have been introduced in the prologue as having been dropped off as a new recruit about 18. But she was not Magneto's daughter and at least 5 years pass before the next time we see them and she is a senior member of his team. They are not married yet just dating. The pedophilia claim is maybe a slight misinterpretation of events.
    You are overestimating the period time between events...that would put her at nearly 30 by the time of the main AoA story and she isn't that old NOW.

BANNED

Errr?!? Who told you the reality of "Earth-295" is the of reality "Earth-616" canon?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-07-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Can people please just accept Lorna is Magneto's daughter.
    Never!

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Late teens...20 at the most...not illegal but still creepy (especially since he was her teacher)...even moreso than their coupling in 616 (which has always creeped me out something fierce).
    So the other poster's paedophile accusation is baseless. Good to know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Gambit's got nothing to do with it...it was creepy before Gambit & Rogue ever met...Teen Jeen recently tried to hook up with adult Cyclops...he shut her down but, if he hadn't, I don't think you'd be here arguing that it was Jeen's choice so no harm, no foul.

Jean is just a teenager. Rogue was a grown woman. Whole different ballpark.