Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    You are overestimating the period time between events...that would put her at nearly 30 by the time of the main AoA story and she isn't that old NOW.
    No, it is literally in the pages. Next issue it says "5 years later" then the next time we see Rogue and Magneto, they are only dating.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    That isn't what actually happened in AoA. Rogue may have been introduced in the prologue as having been dropped off as a new recruit about 18. But she was not Magneto's daughter and at least 5 years pass before the next time we see them and she is a senior member of his team. They are not married yet just dating. The pedophilia claim is maybe a slight misinterpretation of events.
    Not totally accurate. Rogue would have been 13-14 when Mystique brought her in to the base for protection (her powers activated shortly prior to, I believe?). The 5 year gap would put Rogue at 18-19 (her age when the first magneto "spark" happened in the savage land in 616) and she's in a relationship with Gambit (who's supposedly older) at that point. Then there's another mini time-skip between then and when she and Mags got married and had Charles, so she would be around 22-23 during the actual AoA ongoing issues.

The problem occurs when people automatically assume that Rogue becomes Magneto's surrogate daughter just because of her age and her membership to his X-Men. Which has never been shown or alluded to. If anything she became a close confidant and friend but the father/daughter relationship was never on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    There isn't much to talk about. Claremont had Moria say they must be related because she stole Lorna's power and then Claremont had her steal Magneto's powers. Now some at Marvel and some old time fans have been unhappy enough about Magneto having two living daughters and one dead one. Marvel isn't going to add another to the list.

That leaves what? Her being some kind of genetic derivation of Lorna or Magneto created in a test tube assuming Moria was right or if Moria is wrong as its not like characters haven't found ways of stealing other characters powers who aren't related perhaps none of them are related.
    I hadn't considered the part about Zaladane also stealing Magneto's powers. In most discussions where this issue comes up, I note that Zaladane could very easily be related to Lorna on her mother's side but not her father's side. As such, Zaladane wouldn't be one of Magneto's kids, but she could still be Lorna's sister.

I think the more likely and better scenario is that Zaladane's been lying and screwing with Lorna out of some other spiteful reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Can people please just accept Lorna is Magneto's daughter.
    In my personal experiences and observations, the only people that don't accept (key word: accept; not necessarily like) Lorna as Magneto's daughter are either hold-outs from a past generation or people with agendas that they mistakenly think can't be achieved without retconning her out of the family again. I get the impression CBR's X-Men section is, or at least was, highly positive toward Lorna as a general rule given we had that really cool and uplifting week all about Polaris on the old board. Outside CBR, there's just an insane amount of activity, particularly Magnus family activity, involving her on tumblr. Multiple Lorna role play accounts, tons of cosplay (typically Lorna and Wanda together, because that's where the majority awesomeness resides), lots of fanart, the occasional fanfic or two.

I may show concern at times for what happens with Lorna in the short-term, but in the long-term, I'm not concerned at all about Lorna's future as part of the family. The current and upcoming generation of fans can see the awesome potential behind family dynamics including her that the past generations are unable or unwilling to see.
    Last edited by salarta; 09-07-2014 at 02:34 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    Jean is just a teenager. Rogue was a grown woman. Whole different ballpark.
    Rogue was about 18 or so...2 whole years older than Jeen...yeah, whole different ballpark.
    Last edited by grinningdemon; 09-07-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    Not totally accurate. Rogue would have been 13-14 when Mystique brought her in to the base for protection (her powers activated shortly prior to, I believe?). The 5 year gap would put Rogue at 18-19 (her age when the first magneto "spark" happened in the savage land in 616) and she's in a relationship with Gambit (who's supposedly older) at that point. Then there's another mini time-skip between then and when she and Mags got married and had Charles, so she would be around 22-23 during the actual AoA ongoing issues.

The problem occurs when people automatically assume that Rogue becomes Magneto's surrogate daughter just because of her age and her membership to his X-Men. Which has never been shown or alluded to. If anything she became a close confidant and friend but the father/daughter relationship was never on the table.
    It's creepy regardless when a dude several decades older marries a girl barely legal that he's known consistently since well before she WAS legal.

BANNED

Hahaha...Rogue wasn't no damn 13 in X Men Chronicles #1. One of the most hilarious posts of the year. She had to be near 20 or something.

I don't think Rogue ever dated or returned Gambit's feelings in AoA. She didn't realize he had feelings until he freaked over Mags touching her. Then Gambit makes her feel bad for friend zoning him. Like she did something wrong or led him on. Perhaps the whole thing was problematic and a bit out dated.
    Last edited by jen; 09-07-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Didn't AoA Rogue permanently absorb the powers/psyche of Lorna?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Rogue was about 18 or so...2 whole years older than Jeen...yeah, whole different ballpark.
    Early 20s...Rogue wasn't no 18 in the Savage land issues. U acting like she Jubilee and Monet's age. Jean isnt 7 or 8 years older than Rogue. That's totally absurd. I see the problem. People dont know how to do math apparently. And keep in mind Magneto was barely 30 at the time. Bad editing and continuity management is why he's drawn older. Magneto was always drawn with 8 packs in stomach and made Gambit look like a skinny freshman in college compared to him.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Also, Mags was presumably never de-aged in the AoA reality like he was in the 616, which would have made him much older.

Hahaha...Rogue wasn't no damn 13 in X Men Chronicles #1. One of the most hilarious posts of the year. She had to be near 20 or something.
    Keep laughing. Rogue was clearly in her early teens when she was first introduced in the AoA. There were two time skips in AoA that resulted in Rogue being her or close to her presumed. 616 age

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I don't think Rogue ever dated or returned Gambit's feelings in AoA. She didn't realize he had feelings until he freaked over Mags touching her. If anything, he was kind of a creeper. He assumed Rogue had feelings for him because HE had feelings for her. In fact, he kept forcing his presence on her when she wanted to be with a Magneto. And then Gambit makes her feel bad for friend zoning him. Like she did something wrong or led him on, when she did no such thing. I like 616 ROMY, but it is weird that folks don't think Gambit's AoA stalker actions were more creepy than Mags's imaginary pedophilia.
    No, they were dating but she was in love with Magneto so she couldn't return Gambit's feelings. At least not in the capacity he wanted her too. But yeah, he was a bit of a creeper in AoA he spied on her conversation with Magneto, interrupted her clearly heartfelt convo with Pietro, and tried to kiss her in front of her own son. Gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Didn't AoA Rogue permanently absorb the powers/psyche of Lorna?
    Half of her powers, they never said anything about her psyche.

BANNED

Rogue wasn't in her early teens in that book. She was maybe 17...If were pushing it.

And no one ever saw Gambit dating Rogue. .He kept talking to Magneto about his feelings for her but that was it. They had him and Rogue do some panels but she kept talking about Magneto while he was trying to charm her (X Men Chronicles#2). It looked like she was never into him.

Astonishing Member

Early 20s...Rogue wasn't no 18 in the Savage land issues. U acting like she Jubilee and Monet's age. Jean isnt 7 or 8 years older than Rogue. That's totally absurd. I see the problem. People dont know how to do math apparently. And keep in mind Magneto was barely 30 at the time. Bad editing and continuity management is why he's drawn older. Magneto was always drawn with 8 packs in stomach and made Gambit look like a skinny freshman in college compared to him.
    Sorry but you're wrong...it was specifically stated somewhere around the mid-200s of Uncanny that she was 18...which would have made her 19 at most by the early 270s when that occurred...she's only a couple years older than Kitty and the original New Mutants...if she was early 20s then, she'd be WAY too old now as the O5 are only around 30...she's 25 at most currently...you're the one with the fuzzy math.

Astonishing Member

Rogue wasn't in her early teens in that book. She was maybe 17...If were pushing it.
    I'd say more like 15-16 at most...that first story played up how young she was.

And no one ever saw Gambit dating Rogue. .He kept talking to Magneto about his feelings for her but that was it. They had him and Rogue do some panels but she kept talking about Magneto while he was trying to charm her (X Men Chronicles#2). It looked like she was never into him.
    The books made it pretty clear there was something between her and Gambit at some point and it wasn't entirely one sided even if she did ultimately choose Magneto.