Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    I'd say more like 15-16 at most...that first story played up how young she was.

The books made it pretty clear there was something between her and Gambit at some point and it wasn't entirely one sided even if she did ultimately choose Magneto.

It was pretty one sided because it seemed she only did it to be nice. The only thing she talked about was Magneto. AS for clear? More like implied.

BANNED

Sorry but you're wrong...it was specifically stated somewhere around the mid-200s of Uncanny that she was 18...which would have made her 19 at most by the early 270s when that occurred...she's only a couple years older than Kitty and the original New Mutants...if she was early 20s then, she'd be WAY too old now as the O5 are only around 30...she's 25 at most currently...you're the one with the fuzzy math.
    That's cool but that means several characters are skating around 30 today all of a sudden. Including Jean...and I guess that means Storm is mid 30s out of the blue. Weird stuff like that. There is no damn way they were drawing a 19 year old girl nearly naked like that..early 90s or not. Silly.

BANNED

Sorry but you're wrong...it was specifically stated somewhere around the mid-200s of Uncanny that she was 18...which would have made her 19 at most by the early 270s when that occurred...she's only a couple years older than Kitty and the original New Mutants...if she was early 20s then, she'd be WAY too old now as the O5 are only around 30...she's 25 at most currently...you're the one with the fuzzy math.
    Sorry, but that was not stated somewhere around the mid-200s of Uncanny X-Men. Anna Marie made that statement in UX-Men #186 and she was partly recalling Carol Danvers memories... I'm just saying

Last edited by ZNOP; 09-07-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    That's cool but that means several characters are skating around 30 today all of a sudden. Including Jean...and I guess that means Storm is mid 30s out of the blue. Weird stuff like that. There is no damn way they were drawing a 19 year old girl nearly naked like that..early 90s or not. Silly.
    I think you have the characters ages relative to each other confused...if the adult O5 is around 30 then yes, adult Jean would be around 30 (if she was alive) since she IS one of the O5...how old did you think she was? And why would you ever think Storm was older than the O5? She's younger by at least a few years.

As for them not showing a 19 year old girl nearly naked, what planet are you living on? Marvel & DC both show younger girls than that wearing less than that. When DC brought back Supergirl in the early 2000s, she was only 15 and wore a thong with barely more than Savage Land Rogue...when she first appeared on earth, she was actually naked. This is just one example of many. Why would you think they'd draw the line at 19?

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It's possible that because for decades she wasn't, then Austen, who made plenty of bad choices, changed it out of nowhere...as for Lorna, it's funny that she gets slammed for all of those years to make Storm and Jean look good, but who gets the blame for that...Jean and Storm...oh no, it's all Alex's fault, who btw I don't remember getting a big push back then outside of his last name, which is pretty much the only reason for his being on Remender's team right now.
    Alex got to be an X-Man during one of its better eras (the Outback) while Lorna was a mind controlled villain (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Can people please just accept Lorna is Magneto's daughter.
    If only...
    I mean, it's only been over a decade.
    Last edited by The_Greatest_Username; 09-07-2014 at 06:07 PM. Reason: grammar sins

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Sorry, but your wrong... When Anna Marie made that statement she was recalling the stolen memories of Carol Danvers, not her own.

You might want to read that page again...she's confused by Carol's memories because they don't make sense since she's only 18 and shouldn't be able to remember that far back.

BANNED

You might want to read that page again...she's confused by Carol's memories because they don't make sense since she's only 18 and shouldn't be able to remember that far back.
    My apologies... I have since edited my post for clarity... At the time she made that statement she actually was 18. I disagreed because that did not happen in the mid 200's.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-07-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Right in issue 186 not the mid 200's.

Astonishing Member

My apologies... I have since edited my post for clarity... At the time she made that statement she actually was 18.
    That wasn't actually the reference I was thinking of...I'm pretty sure it was said in X-Men/Alpha Flight a couple years later too...either way, there's no way they aged the character that much in less than 100 issues...they'd all be ancient by now...she might have been 20 tops.
    Last edited by grinningdemon; 09-07-2014 at 06:24 PM.

That wasn't actually the reference I was thinking of...I'm pretty sure it was said in X-Men/Alpha Flight a couple years later too...either way, there's no way they aged the character that much in less than 100 issues...they'd all be ancient by now...she might have been 20 tops.
    Are you talking AoA or 616. Rogue was 18 when she joined the X-Men. She is probably around 25 right now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Are you talking AoA or 616. Rogue was 18 when she joined the X-Men. She is probably around 25 right now.
    616...and we're talking about how old she was when she took that trip to the savage land with Magneto around Uncanny 274...I agree she'd be around 25 now.

BANNED

I can easily check considering I own nearly every relevant X-Book to date.

616...and we're talking about how old she was when she took that trip to the savage land with Magneto around Uncanny 274...I agree she'd be around 25 now.
    Are you saying that Rouge or someone else stated her age in #274?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-07-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

I can easily check considering I own nearly every relevant X-Book to date.
    So do I but I don't care enough to poor through backissues to find that.

Are you saying that Rouge or someone else stated her age in #274?
    No...we're debating approximate age when this whole Rogue/Magneto thing started...I say she would have been 19 or 20 at most.

BANNED

I think you have the characters ages relative to each other confused...if the adult O5 is around 30 then yes, adult Jean would be around 30 (if she was alive) since she IS one of the O5...how old did you think she was? And why would you ever think Storm was older than the O5? She's younger by at least a few years.

As for them not showing a 19 year old girl nearly naked, what planet are you living on? Marvel & DC both show younger girls than that wearing less than that. When DC brought back Supergirl in the early 2000s, she was only 15 and wore a thong with barely more than Savage Land Rogue...when she first appeared on earth, she was actually naked. This is just one example of many. Why would you think they'd draw the line at 19?
    Doesn't Kryptonians age very slowly? And they don't really have consent issues for Aliens. That's the gimmick.

Jean Grey has been 25 for decades..lol. Her and Spider Man...they never change ages. They might age Kitty a little bit but it typically stays the same.

Storm isn't younger than the original 5...where in the world did u get that? They even pushed she was older than them on the tv shows.

So do I but I don't care enough to poor through backissues to find that.

No...we're debating approximate age when this whole Rogue/Magneto thing started...I say she would have been 19 or 20 at most.
    I agree. I believe 274 came out in 1991. 20 could be right.