Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iatet View Post
    I find it funny that Betsy is 5'11, and Rachel is 5'6" Yet, Rachel is taller than Betsy? Lol.

This is Betsy Braddock, WITHOUT HEELS.
    I know those two Cosplayers, and Gillykins is the Psylocke, and is the same height in Real life as Betsy in comic. Rogue is only 1 inch shorter than Rogue would be in life.

I despise when people draw her so short, lol. /end rant.
    Haha, FACTS !
    I didn't know Betsy was that tall !

What’s interesting is that Howard has said in interviews that Betsy is taller so to jwatson’s point maybe there is indeed a mandate from editorial or higher to have them depicted a certain way. Then I think about Hickman recently saying that at the velocity in which comics are printed sometimes there’s no time to fix errors. He was being asked what the significance was to the dialogue between Destiny and Moira in the infamous HoX burn scene being slightly different from their dialogue in the repeated scene in Inferno. He said it was a mistake and likely the copy editor pulled the wrong version of the script. It sounded like it was very much out of his hands.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Rachel is 5'7“ but yes artists regularly change the heights of characters for... Reasons? I didn't know Betsy was that tall but she should be depicted that way. Unless they are going to use the excuse that Rachel is using her fine TK TK skills to alter her body's height (like when she became R'chel).

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    And, all of this amounts to what? It's opposites that attract, or so I've heard...
    OK Paula Abdul.
    The comment was about their connections and I highlighted the big ones that would lend themselves to a deeper friend/relationship, empathy, and understanding. I get it, you don't like the pairing. But here we are, and it's not going anywhere at the moment.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Aside from similar powers:
    - Saturnyne is/was obsessed with controlling or owning them
    - both suffered at the hands of Mojo for months
    - both have had their minds and bodies twisted and experimented on
    - both have spent time traveling the multiverse
    - both have died
    It's funny because Betsy and Warren were originally paired up for very similar reasons...

- Similar upbringing
    - Both had their minds and bodies twisted and experimented on
    - Both pitted against their teammates before reverting to their true selves
    - Both "died", got resurrected, etc.

BANNED

The comment was about their connections and I highlighted the big ones that would lend themselves to a deeper friend/relationship, empathy, and understanding. I get it, you don't like the pairing. But here we are, and it's not going anywhere at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    It's funny because Betsy and Warren were originally paired up for very similar reasons...

- Similar upbringing
    - Both had their minds and bodies twisted and experimented on
    - Both pitted against their teammates before reverting to their true selves
    - Both "died", got resurrected, etc.

So you agree Rachel and Betsy make as much sense as Betsy and Warren ?

Ultimate Member

Or perhaps that some use the same criteria in a sense to support one pairing and bash another...

And personally Warren and Betsy always made a lot of sense. And still do. I know big shock.
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 06-04-2023 at 10:47 PM.

I think Rachel and Warren both work similarly for Betsy. Even down to the whining. Warren was just boring as hell. He was always trying to settle down and being sad. Rachel at least is enjoying adventuring and running around with Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I think Rachel and Warren both work similarly for Betsy. Even down to the whining. Warren was just boring as hell. He was always trying to settle down and being sad. Rachel at least is enjoying adventuring and running around with Betsy.
    I agree and I love Warren.

Rachel is having fun and seemed to really enjoy the hoopla of the charity event.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    So you agree Rachel and Betsy make as much sense as Betsy and Warren ?
    I said nothing of the sort or agreed with anything to the effect you're suggesting...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I don't remember Warren looking for any houses with white picket fences in front. Besides which Warren could do both the wild and crazy side of the X life while at the same time easily handling the business and high society bits.

I said nothing of the sort or agreed with anything to the effect you're suggesting...
    But you quoted me, and then Uncanny, and then said quoted for truth. So you were agreeing both made sense based on the criteria you quoted. DID WE MAKE YOU A RACHEL X BETSY FAN???? :��❤️��

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't remember Warren looking for any houses with white picket fences in front. Besides which Warren could do both the wild and crazy side of the X life while at the same time easily handling the business and high society bits.
    I think that Warren and Betsy's relationship worked well for them at that point in their lives. It was great but then it ended and both have moved on. It happens.

BANNED

I only agreed with the comparison points in reference to Warren and Betsy, nothing more.

Ultimate Member

But you quoted me, and then Uncanny, and then said quoted for truth. So you were agreeing both made sense based on the criteria you quoted. DID WE MAKE YOU A RACHEL X BETSY FAN???? :��❤️��

I think that Warren and Betsy's relationship worked well for them at that point in their lives. It was great but then it ended and both have moved on. It happens.
    Though at this point a good writer could set the ship going again with a good story.

I only agreed with the comparison points in reference to Warren and Betsy, nothing more.
    Ah, it seemed like both because you quoted us both.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though at this point a good writer could set the ship going again with a good story.
    I mean any writer could write two characters together, but it doesn't mean it works for where the charcters are in this moment. Sure, down the line a writer could bring back a relationship between Warren and Betsy, but right now it makes no sense as both characters are in VERY different places in their lives and have moved on. Especially since they broke up the first time, EVERY time they get back together it's because Betsy is trying to fix/save/kill Warren. And the last time the interacted, she released Archangel again and he resented her for it. I don't think their last attempts at rekindling their romance would make sense to try again for the characters.

Most people don't go back to an ex unless there is extenuating circumstances.