Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

This reads like a very poorly made rom com with sprinkles of fantasy adventure, but not enough to make care. And i honestly feel Doom is wasted here.

Xanth, Rubedo, Ghast, and Albedo would be a lot more interesting with costumes.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Xanth, Rubedo, Ghast, and Albedo would be a lot more interesting with costumes.
    I'm hoping we get to see them in action next issue. Tom was looking cute.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Tom pics please and thank you.

Thanks for the spoils. It seems Howard is packing a LOT of plot and action in this issue.
    Love the art.

Incredible Member

The avengers thing was Yet another promising cliffhanger that leads to nothing but a panel ultimately.

Mighty Member

I’ve followed this entire run of TH’s in all the various installments, but I guess I don’t see what some of you are seeing. The whole “this is my girlfriend” is so heavy handed it’s such a put off at this point. We get it. This feels like one of those old fashioned romance comics from back in the day where the main character has to tell us, and everyone in the story, that so-and-so is their bf/gf.

I have to go back and check out Mr & Mrs X to see if it was this much in story “that’s my husband/wife”. I never feel like that with Gambit and Rogue.. I know they like that sometimes when they’re in danger. I don’t think I’ve felt like that with Hulkling and Wiccan or Shatterstar and Rictor. It’s so over the top for me with Betsy and Rachel. Clearly Destiny and Mystique are over the top, but it’s just toxic traits and they’re prepared to destroy lives and timelines for their obsessive love lol.

Things like involving Peter and STRIKE should have happened in issue 1. I know Jamie is chaotic and unpredictable but this is out of nowhere. Really? He felt he owed Morgan anything? Suuuurrre. Let this end and let’s give Betsy to someone who can do something with her. Let Rachel go back and do her own thing and get a backbone. I have to say I miss Rachel from the OG Excalibur days where she was still connected to the Phoenix and was kind of more bad ass.

I just miss the spooky telepath Betsy with questionable morals in the use of her telepathy. Though I will give Tini some points in using her illusion casting tricks.

EDIT: I DID like the brief team up with the Avengers for the take down of The Fury. Maybe put her on Uncanny Avengers (though it seems more of an X-team than Avenger team)

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I’ve followed this entire run of TH’s in all the various installments, but I guess I don’t see what some of you are seeing. The whole “this is my girlfriend” is so heavy handed it’s such a put off at this point. We get it. This feels like one of those old fashioned romance comics from back in the day where the main character has to tell us, and everyone in the story, that so-and-so is their bf/gf.

I have to go back and check out Mr & Mrs X to see if it was this much in story “that’s my husband/wife”. I never feel like that with Gambit and Rogue.. I know they like that sometimes when they’re in danger. I don’t think I’ve felt like that with Hulkling and Wiccan or Shatterstar and Rictor. It’s so over the top for me with Betsy and Rachel. Clearly Destiny and Mystique are over the top, but it’s just toxic traits and they’re prepared to destroy lives and timelines for their obsessive love lol.

Things like involving Peter and STRIKE should have happened in issue 1. I know Jamie is chaotic and unpredictable but this is out of nowhere. Really? He felt he owed Morgan anything? Suuuurrre. Let this end and let’s give Betsy to someone who can do something with her. Let Rachel go back and do her own thing and get a backbone. I have to say I miss Rachel from the OG Excalibur days where she was still connected to the Phoenix and was kind of more bad ass.

I just miss the spooky telepath Betsy with questionable morals in the use of her telepathy. Though I will give Tini some points in using her illusion casting tricks.

EDIT: I DID like the brief team up with the Avengers for the take down of The Fury. Maybe put her on Uncanny Avengers (though it seems more of an X-team than Avenger team)

I've mentioned this before and agree. I like what is being done with Askani, i like what is being done with betsy, i do not like with no reasoning the visual of rachel is somehow turning into the tall, statuesque figure, that looks good on betsy arm. It just doesn't read as rachel or visually look like rachel and there isn't any real reasoning for it, well i guess there doesn't have to be one, but i find it makes the relationship the least interesting thing for me and i was hopeful but this feels like Rachel is literally just being turned into who should be with betsy not the characters melding together because they are a couple. And the forced jealously from rachel just seems weird. i don't think the "i'll pick up" was cute in regard to tony calling.

It feels like a visual stereotype. I think that's what the basis of my issue is.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yes it's called bad writing. Because Rachel squared off against all of them in AvX, Thor is her half-cosmic brother, and she helped Wanda during the Trial of Magneto they all know herin fact, they all know her since Secret Wars II. But bad writing is the answer

I concur... Very bad writing˛

This issue felt a bit rushed but since it’s careening towards the end I’m sure Howard is trying to get as much as she can before the final issue. Hopefully she ends this all a bit more smoothly. While it was probably my least favorite of the issues so far i still enjoyed quite a bit. Rachel irky but her and Betsy are cute and the nods to her model and spy days are always gonna be appreciated from me.

Jamie’s reason for helping Morgan was weak and would’ve loved a bit more of insight into when/where they had any conversations but again I know there probably wasn’t that kind of time. I will say I continue to LOVE the feud of Betsy/Morgan. Morgan is super petty and I hope that they get more them interacting in the future.

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

Every issue seems like a flex of "This is my girlfriend Rachel Summers, we are dating and we love each other so much." I'd rather go back to "This is a Psiblade, the focused totallity of my psychic powers."

It’s forgivable if you pretend they’re still in the honeymoon stage?

Maybe I don’t know lol

I tried making it work

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Maybe I don’t know lol

I tried making it work
    ^that’s why I think the overall mushiness of the relationship kinda tracks. This is something brand new and they’re excited. I even thought the announcement at the charity event worked as it was showcase of Betsy being proud of all her identity’s. It was the issue repeating it two more times after that, that made the initial declaration lose its impact for me. It also doesn’t help that Rachel is firmly a supporting character in Betsy’s story here and in KoX. It makes it difficult to create a relationship of true equals when one is the protagonist and the other is doubling as girlfriend/ sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Maybe I don’t know lol

I tried making it work
    I'm still very proud and very loud while I'm showing off my husband, after 15 years, when people are talking about my "friend". So yeah, it doesn't shock me in the least.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I'm still very proud and very loud while I'm showing off my husband, after 15 years, when people are talking about my "friend". So yeah, it doesn't shock me in the least.
    I think there is something different in correcting someone that calls your husband a “friend” then literally telling everyone that will listen you’re a couple. I know some people enjoy them as a couple but I just never bought it. Some of the couples I mentioned earlier seem sooo much more organic and believable. Rictor and Shatterstar are definitely one of those couples. They were best friends in X-force and clearly cared for each other, but maybe they didn’t realize (that didn’t really happen in comics back then) but by the time they met again in X-factor it was made official and it wasn’t a shock as we watch their friendship.

Rachel’s color is definitely red because she’s giving me ALL red flags: clingy, needy, jealous etc.. get out now Betsy. lol

I’d be happy with Betsy being single for awhile or maybe sowing her oats again.