Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Something fromt the Hickman Podcast interview that got me thinking is that I wish TH was more of an advocate for rotation of uniforms.

Of course we wanted to see her in non Captain Britain stuff like the Disassembled uniform or the Anka uniform in maybe a blue color BUT Betsy also had other Captain Britain uniforms that could have been in rotation.

I think it maybe didnt happen because they wanted her to have a specific look in this era.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    It's something about Betsy and Rachel downing their drinks to go kick some ass that really does it for me.

Feels very Mission Impossible/Ocean's 8. They're that couple that infiltrates an Akkaba stronghold and rescues mutants and I really dig that. I hope they do one of their iconic combined teke shield moves in the final issue.
    I loved this moment too! They're both beautiful powerhouses that are rubbing elbows with British socialites then running off to do hero things. I especially love the morphing of the clothing as they run down the hall and it'd be fun to see more of that. This issue really was everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    If this is champagne and they drink it that quickly, no wonder why they don't seem to be able to run straight.
    LOL @ them having a buzz when meeting up with the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Something fromt the Hickman Podcast interview that got me thinking is that I wish TH was more of an advocate for rotation of uniforms.

Of course we wanted to see her in non Captain Britain stuff like the Disassembled uniform or the Anka uniform in maybe a blue color BUT Betsy also had other Captain Britain uniforms that could have been in rotation.

I think it maybe didnt happen because they wanted her to have a specific look in this era.
    I was pleasantly surprised to hear how strongly he wanted the rotating costumes to catch on. A different costume every issue! It would have been great to see Betsy rotate costumes and it's a bummer the idea didn't take off the way he was hoping it would.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

If this is champagne and they drink it that quickly, no wonder why they don't seem to be able to run straight.
    LMAO. A little buzz adds to the excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I loved this moment too! They're both beautiful powerhouses that are rubbing elbows with British socialites then running off to do hero things. I especially love the morphing of the clothing as they run down the hall and it'd be fun to see more of that. This issue really was everything.

LOL @ them having a buzz when meeting up with the Avengers.
    No more explanation needed as to why Rachel didn't remember she knew Wanda.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Sorry (not sorry) if this comes off a little aggressive but with it being pride month I have to speak out on what some of you seem to be perceiving as unhealthy jealousy from Rachel. Are you that blind that you can’t see what Tini is doing? She’s painting a very realistic picture of how very often some hetero men show disrespect to a sapphic couple by flirting with them. They often view a queer women relationship as unserious and think it’s cute to flirt in front of their partners. There are some hetero women that openly and uncomfortably flirt with me or my partner (or both) in really inappropriate ways because they think it’s fine because we’re gay but it bothers both of us. Tom has been a perfect gentlemen since being resurrected and Rachel thus far has had no issue with him despite him living in the same house. But she has a problem with Saturnyne, someone who tried to bed Brian knowing fully well he’s married. Wisdom is sometimes a creep and so Rachel said “ew” to his remark to Betsy in issue #1. Tony has notoriously been a billionaire playboy for years so she mocked his little comment. Yet she has no problem with fans approaching Betsy, asking for her autograph, and showing her love. In fact she told Betsy it’s what she deserves and is happy for her.

It’s very real what’s being depicted and I appreciate it.
    For me it’s her jealousy with regards to Saturnyne. It seems unfounded since she hates Betsy. I read that line of Saturnyne wanting Betsy to come crawling back like an employer wanting an employee begging for their job back. Saturnyne has always wanted Brian. I think it’s odd that she would be interested in Betsy because she is CB… unless Saturnyne just has CB fetish.

Mighty Member

I just want to say that everyone reading the book has valid opinions on whether you like or dislike the writing and direction. That’s what opinions are. I will say that this is better than Excalibur, but I don’t think TH writing is for me. I have the same feeling about Spurrier. I don’t enjoy his writing and so I never continued for Way of X. I read these books for Betsy and in the back of my head I wish and hope it will get better and because I’m a fan of Betsy so that’s what brings me back. I don’t hate everything, I just think some of these plot points and storylines could have been tighter.

I think Betsy would thrive under Ewing whether she stayed as CB or returned to Psylocke. At this point in the game, we are really getting model/spy/strike in issue 4 of 5 in the third series of Betsy’s time as CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I just want to say that everyone reading the book has valid opinions on whether you like or dislike the writing and direction. That’s what opinions are. I will say that this is better than Excalibur, but I don’t think TH writing is for me. I have the same feeling about Spurrier. I don’t enjoy his writing and so I never continued for Way of X. I read these books for Betsy and in the back of my head I wish and hope it will get better and because I’m a fan of Betsy so that’s what brings me back. I don’t hate everything, I just think some of these plot points and storylines could have been tighter.

I think Betsy would thrive under Ewing whether she stayed as CB or returned to Psylocke. At this point in the game, we are really getting model/spy/strike in issue 4 of 5 in the third series of Betsy’s time as CB.
    I would LOVE if after this book we find out that SWORD (or whatever its new name is) is expanding their cosmic exploration mission to Otherworld. Then we could have Betsy act as a liaison or agent in that new branch to work. Problem is… X-Men Red is already stuffed to the brim.

Other option could be to have Ewing write the Redroot rescue mission and have Betsy join the team by happenstance.

Im not gonna lie if the intro Excalibur arc was tightened up a bit and then came the Betsy/Kwannon arc and then this arc came after I think a lot of fans would have been a lot more pleased.

Maybe.

I just wish she took some of the valid critiques more serious in the beginning.

Those first 15 issues in the first year would have been aces. IMO.

JDW said they would try to have her pop up and the place that make the most sense to me are Immortal X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, X-Men Red or X-Men.

She doesnt even have to be on the team she can join for an adventure.

Like Monet did in X-Men, Sunfire in Red, or all the characters that pop into Immortal.

And Duggan did say there might be more members.

I would LOVE it if someone had the balls to have Betsy and Kwannon on the same team.
    Last edited by CGAR; 06-01-2023 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post

You know, now that you say that... this issue (and possibly the next one) does open the door for the possibility of Betsy doing more spy/STRIKE work in the future if/when she's no longer CB. It's making the option available by tapping into that part of her history and I could easily see her falling back in love with that life.

I can't get enough of Maggie's think tank doll meetings. Her doll for Morgan is hysterical.

Along with her advanced intelligence I can't wait to see what additional powers she may manifest. (Vasco makes the manor look so good.)

Why would they run straight? They’re queer.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

This is sort of off topic but not really i just turned netflix and if the short hair girl in the trailer isn't exactly how i read tini's rachel,word for word and in essence i don't know what to say. And if you look at the image of who is on the show, admittedly didn't watch but from the image it is all short haired stud women and then long hair flowing gown women. It looks like such a stereotype and almost feels and looks sort of like a slap in the face when people talk about gay dating showes etc, but thee is no variety here and imo i think that is unfair to how people should be portrayed rather than only portraying peoples safe image of a gay couple. Not to derail anything but turning on netflix and seeing that trailer but it into perfect context for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This is sort of off topic but not really i just turned netflix and if the short hair girl in the trailer isn't exactly how i read tini's rachel,word for word and in essence i don't know what to say. And if you look at the image of who is on the show, admittedly didn't watch but from the image it is all short haired stud women and then long hair flowing gown women. It looks like such a stereotype and almost feels and looks sort of like a slap in the face when people talk about gay dating showes etc, but thee is no variety here and imo i think that is unfair to how people should be portrayed rather than only portraying peoples safe image of a gay couple. Not to derail anything but turning on netflix and seeing that trailer but it into perfect context for me.
    I don't know what Netflix show you're watching but
    I agree the "butch/femme" couple is kind of a visual trope but
    Rachel has almost always had this butch look. That's part of why many people read her as queer since her introduction. The new hair is just keeping up with current butch fashion. An update over the mullet.

And I like that Howard is playing with the trope, as the "butch" woman is the wizard/telepath and the "femme" one is the muscle. It's not that new but it's still fun.

Rachel has almost always had this butch look. That's part of why many people read her as queer since her introduction. The new hair is just keeping up with current butch fashion. An update over the mullet.

And I like that Howard is playing with the trope, as the "butch" woman is the wizard/telepath and the "femme" one is the muscle. It's not that new but it's still fun.
    Eh, this is the first time that she's been portrayed in such exaggerated "butch" undertones, and I'm talking more about her anatomy in that Grace Jones-ey suit and less so about her hair... Storm and Rogue also shared a similar fashion sense to Rachel's in the 80's, but neither of them inspired "butch" to me.

Sorry if this offends folks, but I like this side of Rachel much more (irrespective of hair length).

Rachel has come off as a tomboy but never as butch and if you see the trailer or google and they show it it's called the ultimatium: queer love. IF you watch the main ultimatium with the straight couples and then this one there is like no variety. and there is a scene of one of the girls in the trailer, the one i'm talking about basically fauning over how beautiful a woman is just on looks and i'm sorry but if i man was all gooey like that and acted like that i would find it just as off putting as i do rachel's behavior with Betsy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/