Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    no dude, WHOREticulture
    Lmao thank you… I wasn’t sure about the community guidelines on here, but it had to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post

They've all happened in continuity, but they're only ~kinda canon, since how canon can they be, if nobody read them and\or cared
    Like how Wolverine's claws don't seem to heat up anymore?

Or Rahne "Wolfsbane" Sinclair kissing a teenage Elixir--it's yuck, so there's no need to ever bring it up or refer to it.
    One of a few things about her that I wouldn't mind seeing jettisoned into non-cannon space.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Guess he didn’t say much about Ultimate Invasion? I’m far more interested in that than I am in G.O.D.S. Guess I just don’t love the magic stuff as much as the more grounded and gritty stuff. Though I suppose UI is also quite cosmic, dealing with the multiverse and Illuminati and whatnot.
    nah, nothing. There was a Cable nugget tho, in Cyclops will never forgive Apoc for forcing the T-O virus onto baby Nathan

Every time Scott looks at Nathan, his heart breaks all over again because of the what could've been. Hickman's own words

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Like how Wolverine's claws don't seem to heat up anymore? One of a few things about her that I wouldn't mind seeing jettisoned into non-cannon space.
    Yes on both counts! Personally, I'm a fan of never bringing up ballast like that again. No need to address it, just yeet it into the attic and make cool new stories

Anymore info on GODS?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-31-2023 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Yeah, seems like the best way forward is to have a writer who enjoys the character take over and just ignore the villain stuff to give more stories where other writers can go off these new heroic actions. Might take a while or a few writers though.
    Bishop got back from being the main villain in one of the biggest X-event with an handwaved explanation.
    Beast will be fine.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Lmao thank you… I wasn’t sure about the community guidelines on here, but it had to be said.
    it really is one of Hickman's funnier inventions, I mean one of them accused Emma of not cleaning properly; when I first read that I did a spit take

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Bishop got back from being the main villain in one of the biggest X-event with an handwaved explanation.
    Beast will be fine.
    Thanks !

To get back on topic, I am a little disappointed he didn't say anything about Ultimate Invasion.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Well the POD was about Apocalypse and some of his tenure on the X-Men.

And he just promoted what was coming out next and didnt get further into it because I doubt Marvel marketing would let him.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    HoX didn't sell poorly, but did worse than Marvel expected, and it was their own fault for the reasons I stated in the previous page
    Indeed, it did less than they expected but Hickman said still in the six figures. He wasn't concerned about it because the books were coming out weekly and he felt confident they would take off and they sure did.

I fully agree with him about continuity because as he said there are 60 years worth of contradictions to pull from. I think that's why we'll sometimes see debates go in circles because you can have two parties pulling from different references and both be right.

We've heard about this before but I love the idea of each issue of his X-Men would have set up the other titles. He preferred it that way because the writers of said other titles wouldn't have had to spend time setting things up, it would have already been done for them so they could hit the ground running. Marvel disagreed though and launched the first wave at once. It still did well of course but I liked the idea of him setting things up.

I loved his enthusiasm about Otherworld and honestly it sounds like he would love to play in it in the future if the opportunity arises. (I think he said he mentions Sevalith in GODS?) And how did I not know that it was his idea to make Betsy Captain Britain? Howard pitched Apocalypse in Otherworld and as the group discussed what to do with Betsy and Kwannon, Hickman made the suggestion since it fit with Otherworld. Brilliant.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

He thought the Crucible was disgusting and abhorrent personally.
    lol, RIP all those defending it.

Power of X was pitched during his Ultimate run.
    So it was supposed to take place in the Ultimate universe? No wonder everything felt so off.

What did he say about Hellion? Surely he talked about our boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Truth to tell, I'm never interested in what goes on "behind the scenes" especially when it's only applicable to the past long after events have taken their course.
    I suppose it's coolz he can "clarify" as it were his time as Head of X but all of that is pretty much irrelevant now and none of which accounts for the current state of the line or its direction.
    That's fair, I feel you. For me though, I totally love seeing the creative process: WIPs, scripts, seeing the changes and wondering what could have been, getting some background info on things that didn't make the cut or couldn't be shown. I love seeing the effort and love people put into something, even if the final product turns into something awful, like Aaron's Avengers book.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Not really tbh. The whole point of the Crucible was that it was bad. It was a solution to some problems, but even in-universe it was a very questionable thing, and a temporary measure until something better could come along. Which ended up being the Waiting Room, but then they forgot that the Crucible was also used to dissuade mass suicide, and the Waiting Room would probably encourage it, if anything.
    Last edited by Rift; 05-31-2023 at 03:00 PM.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

So it was supposed to take place in the Ultimate universe? No wonder everything felt so off.
    He definitely knew the Crucible would be divisive and wanted it to be talked about.

I liked when he said writers should be able to write things they don't personally agree with. It's very "retweet doesn't imply endorsement" vibes.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    He definitely knew the Crucible would be divisive and wanted it to be talked about.

I liked when he said writers should be able to write things they don't personally agree with. It's very "retweet doesn't imply endorsement" vibes.
    I wonder if Hickman planned to go more in-depth with the dubious ethics behind stuff like the Crucible, the Resurrections, and the Council before he left.

nah, nothing. There was a Cable nugget tho, in Cyclops will never forgive Apoc for forcing the T-O virus onto baby Nathan

Every time Scott looks at Nathan, his heart breaks all over again because of the what could've been. Hickman's own words
    Well that’s pretty cool. Too bad we won’t see Cyclops or Cable interacting with Apocalypse anytime soon, though. Seems like his story will play out in X-men Red without either of them.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”