Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What is the Iconic Marvel Universe to you?

I'm curious and I want to see how everybody pictures things in their heads.

When you think of the Marvel Universe, what do you think of? What teams are running around? Are the X-men the Jim Lee versions? The Giant sized team? Joe Mad's lineup?
    Do the Fantastic Four live in the Baxter Building? The Four freedoms plaza? What's Spider-man's romantic life like? Who still has a secret identity?

Keep in kind, not everything has to line up. It's perfectly okay for you to think 90s armor Iron Man and still think of the Avengers as being from the Korvac Saga or stuff like that.

Iconic? That depends on each generation of fans who grew up reading the comics under the direction of different writers.

I have been always fond of Jim Lee's X-Men version.

When I think iconic Marvel I guess I think about the late 60s through about 1989. Doesn't mean enjoyable stuff did not come out fore and aft of that, but that is where my mind tends to go when thinking about Marvel at it's absolute peak for me.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

The one with zero MCU synergy.

Fantastic Four in the Baxter Building is very iconic to me. The very first FF headquarters ever.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

When I think about the Marvel Universe...it is the 90's again. Jim Lee X-Men are standing up for mutants everywhere, protecting them from Sentinels and the machinations of Magneto. The Fantastic Four are journeying across time and space to stop a war between the Celestials and Watchers. The Thunderbolts are operating out of the Four Freedoms Plaza. Peter/MJ married and expecting Mayday. Ben Reilly running around as Spider-Man. The 98' Kurt Busiek/George Perez Avengers line-up is fighting Morgan LeFay. Quasar going on adventures in space. Venom eating brains. Silver Sable and The Wild Pack doing mercenary stuff. The original Guardians of the Galaxy are facing off against an evil Captain Universe in the 26th Century. Onslaught is the next big X-Men villain. Cable is teaming up with The Micronauts to stop Psycho-Man. It is all of the things that drew me into Marvel Comics when I was a little kid and it is magnificent.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 06-01-2023 at 07:34 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Pretty much a blend of various elements I've enjoyed the most from various teams. Spider-Man/Deadpool with their weird and complex friendship didn't happen at the same time as Krakoa, but I love em both so that's what I picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Fantastic Four in the Baxter Building is very iconic to me. The very first FF headquarters ever.
    The Fantastic Four being at the center of big things happening in the Marvel Universe feels very iconic to me.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

When i think marvel i think 80s.

Classic avengers fighting kang or ultron and west coast team hanging out at the pool.
    Spidey married to mj and not acting like a dumb rookie.
    Fantastic four at the baxter building with she-hulk or ms marvel along later in cosmic adventures.
    x-men hiding out in the outback fighting demons and evil mutants while another team has more lighthearted adventures in the uk living in a lighthouse.
    Magneto is a good guy.
    Transformers, gijoe, conan, rom and other ips walking around the mu.
    Think secret wars or evolutionary war for big events.
    Power pack getting seen as helpless kids by bad guys only to get their butts kicked like thor bad guys and sabertooth who lost to them in min! These kids fight thor level baddies. What did you think you were going to do sabertooth!
    Spidey and thing teaming up with everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Spidey and thing teaming up with everyone!
    I really miss Marvel Team-Up and Marvel Two-In-One.

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
    Iconic? That depends on each generation of fans who grew up reading the comics under the direction of different writers.

I have been always fond of Jim Lee's X-Men version.
    In agreement with the Jim Lee run on X-Men, it is truly legendary (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In agreement with the Jim Lee run on X-Men, it is truly legendary (IMHO):
    I might get roasted for writing this but I do not think that era is anywhere near as iconic as the Claremont/Byrne run. That, for me, is the best the X-Men ever got.

Quote Originally Posted by JT221 View Post
    I really miss Marvel Team-Up and Marvel Two-In-One.
    Me too! Always loved seeing different combinations of characters working together (XD)

Marvel Team-Up

Marvel Two-In-One

I might get roasted for writing this but I do not think that era is anywhere near as iconic as the Claremont/Byrne run. That, for me, is the best the X-Men ever got.
    You're NOT wrong, Mon Ami. That run is Classic in every sense of the word, and that's a fact (XD)
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-02-2023 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Links.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Me too! Always loved seeing different combinations of characters working together (XD)
    Those books really could amp up my excitement for an issue.

Marvel_Two-In-One_Annual_Vol_1_2.jpg

Those books really could amp up my excitement for an issue.

Marvel_Two-In-One_Annual_Vol_1_2.jpg
    I concur. Back then, events meant something & it was worth every penny spent (IMHO):