Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

For X-Men, it would be the 90's cartoon, which is probably tied with Jim Lee's X-Men, but I see it more from the perspective of the 90's cartoon. Mix that in with the 00's movies which is tied with Morrison's New X-men and Ultimate X-Men, and they come across as being a hybrid of the two.

Spider-Man, again, is a hybrid of the 90's cartoon, the Raimi movies and the JMS era. He is married, but he is also kind of hopeless, he is confident and strong but has that emotional beat. It's a Parker that doesn't really exist, but it's what I see when I think of him.

Fantastic Four, it's more from the early 60's. They've managed to maintain fairly linear in their progression, only really venturing forth in the last few years and when there's new members on the team. But you could take a Lee/Kirby book and a Waid book and they would be fairly similar on the surface.

Avengers will always be New Avengers to me.
    It was the first 616 comic I was all in when I first got into comics (ultimate spider-man is the first comic overall for me).

Quote Originally Posted by JT221 View Post
    I might get roasted for writing this but I do not think that era is anywhere near as iconic as the Claremont/Byrne run. That, for me, is the best the X-Men ever got.
    Why would you get roasted for that comment?
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 06-03-2023 at 06:32 PM.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

When it comes to the supernatural side of 616 Marvel Universe, my preference will always be the 90's version of The Midnight Sons

For me, the 90s is what I think of mostly with a few exceptions here and there.

A lot of my Spider-man preferences are kinda spotted up and down his timeline. I tend to think of him as single and in college.

The Fantastic Four are still Jack and Stan's guys, although the Byrne run has some influence as well.

Exaclibur is the original lineup but the rest of the teams are their 90s selves.

The New Warriors is still a thing, so is the Midnight Sons. Ironfist and Cage are the Heroes for Hire and Cage is still single with a yellow shirt and a chain for a belt.

Punisher still works with Microchip.

Ironman, Daredevil, and Captain America still have their secret identities.

The Avengers are a little bit tougher to crack, since one of the defining elements was always their rotating membership. The New AVengers and Civil War is something I'd happily ignore though.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Why would you get toasted for that comment?
    Lot of people love the 90s X-Men.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

For me when I think of Marvel I think of the early days I love to read so much. 60s Spiderman, Cap's Kooky Quartet.

I also think of MC2. I really loved that line so much.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I would love to see a revival, even a temporary revival of the MC2 line. If they can try and bring back Spider-man 2099 even few years, I don't see why Spider-girl and A-Next doesn't deserve a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I would love to see a revival, even a temporary revival of the MC2 line. If they can try and bring back Spider-man 2099 even few years, I don't see why Spider-girl and A-Next doesn't deserve a shot.
    I would love to see that. And I really enjoyed Darkdevil and J2 as well. Though J2 was so much like Spiderman. Attended Mid Town High. Had a classmate that bullied him but loved his hero alter ego. Some call it fan service but I call it kind of a rip off. But I still loved it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by JT221 View Post
    Lot of people love the 90s X-Men.
    But not compared to Claremont I don’t think.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    For me when I think of Marvel I think of the early days I love to read so much. 60s Spiderman, Cap's Kooky Quartet.

I also think of MC2. I really loved that line so much.
    Oh yeah, how could I forget the MC2, it is literally the best timeline!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    A full revival of the MC2 would be great, especially in print rather than being confined to the Marvel Infinity Comics lines.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

That question is impossible for me to answer. So I will just tell you the last time I enjoyed everything the Marvel Universe was doing.

It was the Heroes Return Era. The books coming out of that were great. Also, if you haven't read it before check out the Jurgens/Romita run on the Mighty Thor. It's a great run on a great character by two industry legends that somehow never gets mentioned. It's great. If you liked Krakoa this is Krakoa...done correctly. It starts out as classic and spins up into Asgard influencing humanity and Thor ruling the entire earth. Plus we also get to see Thor's son Magni, which Marvel is determined to never ever mention under any circumstances and desperately wants you to forget. Here is a picture 2280453-magni___40_by_reau_d38sedz.jpg
    and here is a wiki entry on him https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magni_(character)
    Last edited by Anthony W; 06-03-2023 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Forgot the picture and wiki
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

When it comes to the cosmic side of 616 Marvel Universe, my preference will always be the Ron Lim version

Used to love Ron Lim art. Still like it, but not as much as I used to.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Fantastic Four in the Baxter Building is very iconic to me. The very first FF headquarters ever.
    Which Baxter Building, the one in Manhattan or in Central City, CA?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Which Baxter Building, the one in Manhattan or in Central City, CA?
    Is that a serious question?