Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default City Boy #1 Preview

City Boy #1 Preview
    Writer: Greg Pak
    Artist: Minkyu Jung

Cameron's interaction with the homeless man made me think of Yakuza Like a Dragon. The beginning of that game focused on a homeless community. So I wonder if City Boy might do the same?

I'm hoping We Are Legends is three for three.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-19-2023 at 01:32 PM.

Classic origin story of getting abandoned by your mom with your grandparents.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

So power-wise he's like Jack Hawksmoor right?

I personally think this series has potential. I just wish his design was a bit more unique because he looks like every other MC you can find in a manhwa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    So power-wise he's like Jack Hawksmoor right?
    Yes but his abilities come from a mystic source than a science experiment like Jack's.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-19-2023 at 07:14 PM.

I’m excited. The other two We Are Legends series have been great so far and Pak is usually good.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I personally think this series has potential. I just wish his design was a bit more unique because he looks like every other MC you can find in a manhwa.
    I expect he's in civvies because Hawksmoor was as well.(the bare feet was a nice touch though) Otherwise, I do hope he adopts a more unique look regardless.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Hmmm I guess that true but perhaps that’s on purpose plain enough for people to project themselves onto.

t's a solid origin story.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/05/23/greg-pak-city-boy-qa/

Post issue 1 interview between Greg Pak and AIPT.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-23-2023 at 05:52 PM.

Found this pretty enjoyable myself! Cameron reminds me of the “sideliners” from Astro City, people with powers who don’t want to be heroes or villains. He’s rough but not heartless, much nicer here than he was in Lazarus Planet. Even more excited to see him and Clark cross paths coming up with Darkseid and Intergang in the mix.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It was a pretty good first issue. A very classic origin story. Kid sneaks into a secret facility and accidentally ends up getting powers because of a crazy experiment he wasn’t supposed to see.

I really like the way the world moves and shifts around him when he lets loose.

Wasn’t expecting Bruno Manheim and Intergang. And of course their big boss.

This issue makes it look like his power is technology based, while previously it was hinted that it was magic. But I guess with New Gods you never know.

Hard to get e cited about another Darkseid plot, but other than that I thought it was a solid first issue.

Really good first issue. I hope the character gets to explore cities beyond the usual ones.
    He could be a great vehicle for a tour through DC’s less utilised series like Opal, St Roch, Gateway etc.
    The aspect I liked the least was ironically the cliffhanger. To see that villain again doesn’t excite me at all.

So Darkseid's back in the saddle, huh?