Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Honestly I'd be down for that at this point. The main book just picks up where Lost Hunt ends. Marriage back. Mayday back. Lines up nicely with the Spider-verse movies.

No big OMD reversal/Mephisto saga (although maybe they could touch on that in a future story.) Just toss it all right out.
    Something with the same spirit and intent of DC's Rebirth efforts would be great for the Spider-books.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Something with the same spirit and intent of DC's Rebirth efforts would be great for the Spider-books.

Something with the same spirit and intent of DC's Rebirth efforts would be great for Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    At this point...the book requires a "Superman Rebirth" to get it back on track. Something like the Peter and MJ from Lost Hunt are living in a different state in 616...and have them replace the Peter and MJ currently in the book. Not exactly this plot...but something similar to make a clean break from the BND era.
    My reboot would use ideas like that.

*Paul tried to revive the kids using Rabbin/Wayep powers.

*Judas TRaveler appears and kill Paul. Stole Wayep powers and used those powers to reboot. Don't care about the inconsistent with this character.

*Mephisto appears and Judas gloated him about what he did. Then revelas he is a future version of Ben Reilly who got mad/angry/sad after losing Elizabeth/Janine and his son Reilly.

After the reboot.

*Kaine is living in Houston as Scarlet Spider. In a relashionship with Annabelle and Hummingbird as his sidekick.

*Ben Reilly lost his powers but Peter creat an armor and became the Steel Spider. Elizabeth is his girlfriend. Maybe a plot with Desiree and Jessica Carradine.

*Peter is Spider-Man and married with Mary Jane. Mayday is a teenager. Annie an infant and MJ is pregnant with Benjy.

*Spidercide is Chasm

*Harry Osborn is alive and living with Lily and raising Stanley. No Goblin. No mastermind of Sins Past. It was someone else.

*Flash is retires from army and starts a relashionship with Liz who sold ALchemax. WIth the help of EMily Osborn they open a school. Peter and MJ works there. Other characters like Randy works there too.

*Ben Reilly works in the Bugle.

*Aunt May and Aunt Anna had to live in an Asylum.

*Ashley Kafka is restored. No Queen Goblin. Queen Goblin would be a female version of Norman Osborn from an ALternative Universe.

*I have an idea for Felicia but it's a bit controversial. It involves Miles Warren.

*Mattie Franklin is alive again and is Spider Woman. She forms a team with Miles, Anya and Cindy.

*No more Madame Webb powers. Julia lost her powers. Jessica decides to stop being a hero to raise her son and works as a private detective. Julia and felicia works with her.

*Interdimensional SInister Six.

*Norman Osborn still being a "good guy".

That's for the first and second year. Of course it would need polish and pace but that's how I would start the new status quo.

BANNED

That would be the cleanest way out, no real lost time apart between Peter and MJ. Have them deal with how the Marvel universe has changed in the time they were gone.
    Last edited by clonegeek; 06-01-2023 at 12:56 PM.

Maybe...but right now I am not sure who I would be interested in trying to do such a thing. Not a lot of creator's out there who seem to understand what makes Spider-Man work as a character.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

BANNED

That sounds like too much mostly, some interesting stuff. I would have it turned out that Mephisto made a deal with Cindy proir to OMD for power, with the goal of ol' Mephisto for her to serve as a temptation for Peter. Cindy would get depowered after all is set and get a revempted power set + origan.

Maybe.

It may also be that the entire Marvel Universe needs it.

I wrote about how this could go in a column for the Crawlspace.

https://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/...iverse-revamp/

One constant question for Marvel is whether it even makes sense to continue with the 616 Universe as it is right now. A convoluted issue is the sliding timeline, so that four years of the real world are one year in the Marvel world, meaning a comic book published 60 years ago is set 15 years ago. Sometimes those comics did not age well.

The sliding timeline wasn’t perfect, but it kinda worked for a few decades. An advantage for Marvel is that they avoided many of the things that would date the series, so no major characters were in favor of segregation, and that there are less plot points connected to things that would be anachronistic. But it’s getting harder to continue this with the rate of change. New York City was shut down for a year and a half due to Covid. The crime rate has changed significantly. Technology has changed, and will continue to change. Demographics have changed.

Maybe the only way to continue with the Marvel Universe is having characters age in real time.

Marvel can have an Ultimate-style universe with the iconic versions of characters to compliment the titles where Peter Parker and Johnny Storm are pushing 50.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    That sounds like too much mostly, some interesting stuff. I would have it turned out that Mephisto made a deal with Cindy proir to OMD for power, with the goal of ol' Mephisto for her to serve as a temptation for Peter. Cindy would get depowered after all is set and get a revempted power set + origan.
    I am open for suggestions.

One funny thing is that I have an idea (too) of Mephisto tempting someone in regards of Peter having a child who could have defeat him.

In my idea(it's a bit dark so probaby won't have a pass) Paul Stacy has incestous thoughts of Gwen when she went to London after her father dies and got angry about her relashionship with Peter so he created the plot of Sins Past in revenge after Gwen died. Years later Mephisto order him to stop Peter and MJ for having a kid so Paul decide to rape Mj to get her pregnant (Mephisto would inform him about ovulation), got revenge in Peter after the fail of Sins Past but also fail this too because Jill knew and decides to stop this madness killing him. Then she dissapear with her father,

Now, to be honest I think your idea with Cindy and Mepshito is better.

*One thing I do not know is what I should do with Betty, her kid, Glory and the rest of the cast of the Bugle.

*No more shenigans with Yuri Watanabe. She would be a normal Police Captain allied with Spidey.

*One plot with Felicia is that she got information about someone with a blood sample of Peter. She investigate but actually Miles Warren did not have a blood sample but Peter's semen and planned to impregnante women to be sold to the Beyond Corporation so they can have an army of Spider babies. To prevent that she stole the sample and put in herself making pregnant with Peter's baby. That would be a new dynamic to her.

*My interdimensional Sinister Six would be evil versions of Peter supporting cast as supervillains from other earth: Gwen as Venom, Mary Jane as Carnage, Flash Thompson as Scorpion, Ned Leeds as Hobgoblin (Earth 616 Ned was framed), Glory as a Werewolf and Betty as Hallow Eve. SOmething like that.
    Last edited by Spidey_Legend; 06-01-2023 at 01:31 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    I'm surprised Nick Lowe has a job at this point. When the quality of your work is poor, you're usually let go. Obviously most readers are upset, but I guess they keep reading and paying for a low quality product which the only reason why I think he's still in a position of some power. People really need to stop buying the book. Plain and simple and maybe we can get some character growth again.
    The book has actually fallen commercially. You can make the argument its because they pump out a crapton of variant covers, but if a book is fiscally still doing well they're not going to just can it because of poor reception.

I'll also throw it this isn't just a Nick Lowe problem. People were saying the same thing about the Stephen Wacker/Dan Slott run. Kamala Khan as a character also falls under Tom Breevort's editorial umbrella, so any status quo change that happened to her here would've had to get his stamp of approval. So these directions are pretty blatantly an across the board regime issue, not just one editor or writer.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The book has actually fallen commercially. You can make the argument its because they pump out a crapton of variant covers, but if a book is fiscally still doing well they're not going to just can it because of poor reception.

I'll also throw it this isn't just a Nick Lowe problem. People were saying the same thing about the Stephen Wacker/Dan Slott run. Kamala Khan as a character also falls under Tom Breevort's editorial umbrella, so any status quo change that happened to her here would've had to get his stamp of approval. So these directions are pretty blatantly an across the board regime issue, not just one editor or writer.
    Are variant covers unique with this one book?

I'm not convinced by the argument that this one book is doing worse in sales than the information readers have would suggest.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

Amazing Spider-Man, Captain America and all the Marvel/DC characters that your Grandma has heard of should be selling in the millions of copies. X-Men #1 still being the record holder 30 years later and after the global population added 2 billion people is a testment to how much missed potential there is in the comic book industry.

Leaving aside the editorial and creative changes that clearly need to happen after this mess, for a long while I’ve said elsewhere that they should Superman Reborn the BND era. Simply put, it happened, but a version of it where the marriage still exists, and some stuff happened differently. Essentially invert OMD. It would be fair play for them doing that to the previous 20 years worth of stories, and provide a cleaner slate going forward.

At the very least, OMD needs to be undone to truly get past it and the messes it has caused.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post
    I am open for suggestions.

One funny thing is that I have an idea (too) of Mephisto tempting someone in regards of Peter having a child who could have defeat him.

In my idea(it's a bit dark so probaby won't have a pass) Paul Stacy has incestous thoughts of Gwen when she went to London after her father dies and got angry about her relashionship with Peter so he created the plot of Sins Past in revenge after Gwen died. Years later Mephisto order him to stop Peter and MJ for having a kid so Paul decide to rape Mj to get her pregnant (Mephisto would inform him about ovulation), got revenge in Peter after the fail of Sins Past but also fail this too because Jill knew and decides to stop this madness killing him. Then she dissapear with her father,

Now, to be honest I think your idea with Cindy and Mepshito is better.

*One thing I do not know is what I should do with Betty, her kid, Glory and the rest of the cast of the Bugle.

*No more shenigans with Yuri Watanabe. She would be a normal Police Captain allied with Spidey.

*One plot with Felicia is that she got information about someone with a blood sample of Peter. She investigate but actually Miles Warren did not have a blood sample but Peter's semen and planned to impregnante women to be sold to the Beyond Corporation so they can have an army of Spider babies. To prevent that she stole the sample and put in herself making pregnant with Peter's baby. That would be a new dynamic to her.

*My interdimensional Sinister Six would be evil versions of Peter supporting cast as supervillains from other earth: Gwen as Venom, Mary Jane as Carnage, Flash Thompson as Scorpion, Ned Leeds as Hobgoblin (Earth 616 Ned was framed), Glory as a Werewolf and Betty as Hallow Eve. SOmething like that.
    Well with the Bugle, you get Mayday working there like her old man did as a freelancer.

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Well with the Bugle, you get Mayday working there like her old man did as a freelancer.
    Yes. Could be a good thing. Ben, and the rest of the cast would love having her there.

BANNED

The Felicia pitch is mildly interesting but what would you do with the kid after that?