Amazing Member

Default Batman vs. Groot

Any and all versions you care to compare. If Batman's utility belt makes this too one sided, feel free to ignore it.
    Herochat.com now surprisingly back from the dead. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    Any and all versions you care to compare. If Batman's utility belt makes this too one sided, feel free to ignore it.
    Batman flying the Batplane with air-to-surface missiles? Kryptonian Batman with heat vision?

I'm not seeing how Bats without big-time prep, such as Wayne Industries fast-acting herbicides, wins against Groot. But maybe, due to his battles with Poison Ivy, he has anti-plant chemicals already at hand?

I suppose another possibility for Bats is some kind of thermal charge from the utility belt? But then again, Groot survives in a space opera setting where people have laser guns and other beam weapons, and he does just fine. He's not constantly being burned to crisp or anything.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 06-01-2023 at 05:32 AM.

"I am Groot!"

"I'm Batman!"

"I am Groot!"

"I'm Batman!"

I don't really know much about 616 groot but comic Batman would probably beat mcu groot I think he's taken out tree monsters in the comics on groots level before.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't really know much about 616 groot but comic Batman would probably beat mcu groot I think he's taken out tree monsters in the comics on groots level before.
    Without prep? I don't think he has, really. Groot is pretty crazy potent in the MCU.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

Doesn't any version give you a GL Bats, Vamp Bats, Kryptonian Bats, Bat God in Metron's chair?

I'll go for TX Chainsaw Bats for the win. Let him go to Home Depot for some gear.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Without prep? I don't think he has, really. Groot is pretty crazy potent in the MCU.
    I mean I wouldn't put him over clayface or someone like that bats carrys things with him that can effect him.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Batman flying the Batplane with air-to-surface missiles? Kryptonian Batman with heat vision?

I'm not seeing how Bats without big-time prep, such as Wayne Industries fast-acting herbicides, wins against Groot. But maybe, due to his battles with Poison Ivy, he has anti-plant chemicals already at hand?

I suppose another possibility for Bats is some kind of thermal charge from the utility belt? But then again, Groot survives in a space opera setting where people have laser guns and other beam weapons, and he does just fine. He's not constantly being burned to crisp or anything.
    Isn't he? It feels like he's being blown up and turned into Baby Groot somewhat frequently. Might be good to bust out the durability feats because bat grenades have damaged decently high end metas.

Groot is currently a young, impressionable teen. Batman wins by turning him into a Robin.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Groot is currently a young, impressionable teen. Batman wins by turning him into a Robin.
    No he was a Yong adult and turned into king groot in the end.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    And that's not wrong, but it's not like Batman doesn't have a long history of dealing with plant-themed villains. And not just Ivy, he's dealt with Woodrue and fought Swamp Thing occasionally.

The question is whether Batman would carry anti-greenery weapons on himself, as part of his standard nightly weaponry?

Personally -- and I'm open to discussion on the topic, but personally -- if I was Batman, I'd have encountered enough plant-based villains that I would carry a few things on my suit regularly for just such an occasion.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

batman: how do you expect to beat me?

groot: I AM GROOT!

batman:...............well damn. i didn't think of that. GG.

...Probably has anti-Groot Spray in his belt or something.