Amazing Member

Default What's the largest opponent Godzilla can defeat?

Animal, vegetable, or mineral (hell, feel free to cover random inanimate objects as a separate category if you like). Any and all versions of Godzilla may apply.

And as an aside, what does Khazan Arena look like once one or more sides begin approaching celestial bodies in size?
    Herochat.com now surprisingly back from the dead. Again.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

One of Godizilla's radioactive barf attacks annihilated a gigantic meteorite. I would say that's proof that he could easily take out something a fair bit larger than himself, though I'm spacing on a specific thing that would fit at the moment.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Godzilla Earth would be the one play since he's like 3x the size of all other Godzillas.

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    And as an aside, what does Khazan Arena look like once one or more sides begin approaching celestial bodies in size?
    The same but bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Godzilla Earth would be the one play since he's like 3x the size of all other Godzillas.
    Valid point. Does his Main Reflex Cannon breath cut through a mountain at one point? That's...pretty hefty.

The same but bigger.
    We've had capital ships duking it out, as I recall.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    One of Godizilla's radioactive barf attacks annihilated a gigantic meteorite. I would say that's proof that he could easily take out something a fair bit larger than himself, though I'm spacing on a specific thing that would fit at the moment.
    So we want BIG and Weak to Radiation...

SO we take Captain Planet, Rita chucks her wand at him Or Zedd throws one of his grenades at him, then we dose him up on Pym Particles. Finally lets use the growth ray from phineas and ferb. Bam! Massive version of Captain Planet, far bigger than Godzilla, but he's still vulnerable to radioactive breath attacks!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Godzilla Earth back in his 50m tall form, was hollowing out mountains and carving valleys with his attacks. His beam vaporized the entire population center of Los Angeles in a single shot. Many millions dead in seconds

Every cell in his body was stated to be a contributing energy producer. The more cells, the more power. Some techs specifically state the square cube law in regards to this fact and how it must mean his new 300m body is horrifyingly more powerful in concept. Soon after, terrawatt readings of power are discussed as they begin to wonder if they should reposition their space station out of valid concerns that they might be targeted in space.

Also, Earth (50 meters) destroyed Gorath when it was approaching from orbit in his novel. Gorath was stated to be much smaller than the moon but had a mass equal to the moon. A huge asterisk here is that Earth disappeared for 5 years before Gorath's arrival and when he did re-emerge, he fired a never before seen red spiral beam. Presumably from performing a long term charge on the attack. We have no idea if it was months or years during his 5 year absence spent on charging up.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

To more accurately answer the question - Godzilla could conceivably asplode stuff larger than single mountains but smaller than the moon. Huuuuge gap between those two benchmarks so I dunno.

Biggest things I can think of... uhh... probably some sort of spaceship. I could imagine Earth could probably destabilize a Halo Ring and cause it to rattle apart from subsequent explosions? Maybe? Or he could probably blast the main ship from Robotech or even the Zentradi hive ship if they were within range?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I need to watch this anime
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I need to watch this anime
    It's actually pretty terrible. It's bleak and entirely pessimistic about humanity which doesn't sit well with me. The writing and plot are kinda wonky and unsatisfactory.

Godzilla himself is pure sex (at least for me) but it's not enough to make the trilogy "good".

Also, several of the above feats are only shown in the companion novel so they won't all be visually present in the films.
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

The Singular Point Anime is pretty fun tho

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    It's actually pretty terrible. It's bleak and entirely pessimistic about humanity which doesn't sit well with me. The writing and plot are kinda wonky and unsatisfactory.

Godzilla himself is pure sex (at least for me) but it's not enough to make the trilogy "good".
    Yeah, the Monster Planet series is a great example of taking a cool idea of lots of potential and squandering all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

Also, several of the above feats are only shown in the companion novel so they won't all be visually present in the films.
    This. Full agreement.

Granted, I'm fine being pessimistic about humanity. But it doesn't make for an enjoyable thing to watch.
    Why are we here?

Hmm, I might still see it but thats good to know
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie