Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Everybody and their baseline human momma is being resurrected nowadays, so why not subject a dead horse to the Resurrection Protocols as well?
    You joke, but now I'm wondering about Lockheed. And resurrecting Butter Rum could add a nice twist. It goes wrong so Firestar does actually kill Butter Rum this time around.

Astonishing Member

The 'came back wrong' trope with a horse. I see the vision.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yup. Between that and what happened with Scott in the FCBD issue I think Jean's going to distance herself from the team and go solo during Fall of X and land somewhere else on the other side of it. Same thing with Bobby, who apparently is leaving the team for his solo, likely as a reaction to Scott's death, and I'm thinking that Synch and Talon will become the new Scott and Jean dynamic in terms of the way they kinda co-lead. Firestar and Forge will stay on, while I think Kate's going to wash her hands of the Council in the aftermath of Immortal X-Men #12 and join the team in an attempt at a back to basics approach to finding herself again since I think she feels lost, morally, or at least is about to be in that headspace.
    I can't wait for Talon to go Dark Phoenix !

I have a hunch that the Year Three X-Men book is going to be Synch, Talon, Kate, Dazzler, Forge, Firestar & Emma, with that new character Woofer initially hanging out w/them for protection at the Treehouse and then going underground w/them after its destruction, for the obligatory circuits between him and Ali.
    I regret voting for Ali. I don’t want to get suckered into buying books she’s on the cover of just to see her wasted the way Rogue and Sunfire were when I fell for that **** last time. 😭

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    I regret voting for Ali. I don’t want to get suckered into buying books she’s on the cover of just to see her wasted the way Rogue and Sunfire were when I fell for that **** last time. ��
    As much as I believe Ali's on Year Three, I also fully believe we'll somehow manage to go the whole year without ever delving into any of her actual character storylines like, says, that long-dangling pesky little Shatterstar reveal that's been hanging out on a mantlepiece chilling like the Chekhov's Gun it is for about a decade now.

In Duggan, I do not trust.

I regret voting for Ali. I don’t want to get suckered into buying books she’s on the cover of just to see her wasted the way Rogue and Sunfire were when I fell for that **** last time. ��
    I like the concept of the vote, but I think it shouldn't be for one of the flagship titles. Its difficult to plan ahead for big things when you can't be sure who is on the team. Give them a different book that someone can plan out after the vote and let them have an arc or two that doesn't rely on the voted character before using them.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As much as I believe Ali's on Year Three, I also fully believe we'll somehow manage to go the whole year without ever delving into any of her actual character storylines like, says, that long-dangling pesky little Shatterstar reveal that's been hanging out on a mantlepiece chilling like the Chekhov's Gun it is for about a decade now.

In Duggan, I do not trust.
    Let it stay there and dry rot until it disintegrates into motes of dust then blown away by a winter gust from an open window in the height of a blizzard.

Some things/plots are best forgotten forever and all eternity (not all canon should be canon).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Admittedly I think she'd get way more to do in an X-Terminators sequel than she would on Duggan's X-Men.

Maybe she'd get an annual like Firestar did.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Let it stay there and dry rot until it disintegrates into motes of dust then blown away by a winter gust from an open window in the height of a blizzard.

Some things/plots are best forgotten forever and all eternity (not all canon should be canon).
    And not all things/plots are for all fans. Some people love time travel plots and others hate them. Some people love X-Men in space stories and others think they should never leave Earth. Etc, etc. Just because the premise of a plot point was never going to appeal to you personally doesn't mean others don't want to see that story unfold.

And not all things/plots are for all fans. Some people love time travel plots and others hate them. Some people love X-Men in space stories and others think they should never leave Earth. Etc, etc. Just because the premise of a plot point was never going to appeal to you personally doesn't mean others don't want to see that story unfold.
    Clearly...that is obvious.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

LOL never mind. Was looking for a fight when I really don't need to be. My bad.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 06-01-2023 at 02:39 PM.

BANNED

I was talking about branding in another thread earlier...having an extraneous redhead fire lady in the same book as Jean is annoying.

LOL never mind. Was looking for a fight when I really don't need to be. My bad.
    LOL. No scene...all's well and jood.

Hey, this robot has metal fists. You know who would be great against it? A mutant with metal fists, AND a hatred of machinery. Hellion should be here.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I was talking about branding in another thread earlier...having an extraneous redhead fire lady in the same book as Jean is annoying.
    But Jean IS The Phoenix

Oh you meant… Nevermind.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver