Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Nice preview. I like the change in Cyclops costume. I hope he keeps it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Panagiotis1 View Post
    Nice preview. I like the change in Cyclops costume. I hope he keeps it for a while.
    I'd like to see Angelica go to a former costume also.

Perhaps her original with an "X" symbol or belt.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

So let me get this straight, the sentinel only entered lethal mode when the X-Men attacked it yet was about to squash an innocent mutant like a bug after blasting him just a second prior under its default state. I’d love to know what its definition of lethal is at that point.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So let me get this straight, the sentinel only entered lethal mode when the X-Men attacked it yet was about to squash an innocent mutant like a bug after blasting him just a second prior under its default state. I’d love to know what its definition of lethal is at that point.
    It entered lethal "death-to-all-mutants" mode when it scanned the mutant firefighter. That's how I read it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yeah the firefighter warranted an "hostile mutant protocol" while Iceman attacking gave way to "lethal protocol".
    Maybe the firefighter would have resisted being squashed and the sentinel knew it ?

Two separate protocol modes, actually:
    Hostile Mutant Protocols: for when it has the upper hand on helpless mutants who aren't fighting back (and clearly were not hostile)
    Lethal Protocols: for when it's getting its ass beat (by not so helpless mutants)

Feilong is clearly not half as genius as he thinks he is.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    WOW a Sentinel Attacked a Firefighter in Public.

Yeah, good Job Feilong your off to a good start.
    Considering how messed up Marvel civilians are when it comes to mutants, they might see that as a good thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Two separate protocol modes, actually:
    Hostile Mutant Protocols: for when it has the upper hand on helpless mutants who aren't fighting back (and clearly were not hostile)
    Lethal Protocols: for when it's getting its ass beat (by not so helpless mutants)

Feilong is clearly not half as genius as he thinks he is.
    It's amusing how the hyped up stark tech sentinels are basicly just the same old Mark 2 sentinels with a new paint job, being just as needlessly destructive, bluntly oversized and dumb as them, while the Prime Sentinels introduced 26 years ago still look better by comparison.

Like either this is indeed reflective of Feilong being just a glorified immitator ala. Hammer in Iron Man 2 or the writer themself did not bother to come up with anything more creative for this concept.

Try to image a sentinel designed by Jumbo Carnation!

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It's amusing how the hyped up stark tech sentinels are basicly just the same old Mark 2 sentinels with a new paint job, being just as needlessly destructive, bluntly oversized and dumb as them, while the Prime Sentinels introduced 26 years ago still look better by comparison.

Like either this is indeed reflective of Feilong being just a glorified immitator ala. Hammer in Iron Man 2 or the writer themself did not bother to come up with anything more creative for this concept.
    It's a reference to how the modern tech industries work nowadays: things are touted as being sleeker and more powerful, but they slowly phase out basic features so they can sell them back to you later. Paid upgrades and a plug for your earphones will be released latter this Fall (of X.)

Feilong may be evil, but he's running a business here. Profits come first.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Could be that the Stark Sentinels are acting exactly as Feilong wants them to. They're literally called Stark Sentinels after all - he may have taken over the company, but the choice to have them with Iron Man's color scheme and branding seems pretty deliberate on Feilong's part. Any 'malfunctioning' is likely to fall on Stark, could be his thinking, as Feilong can always claim they're design flaws he 'inherited' when he took over the company, thus making it unlikely that mutants as a whole would turn to or trust Tony or the Avengers - who Orchis knows helped mutants during Judgment Day.

So could be a two-pronged assault. Start attacking mutants publicly and build up distrust towards Tony by extension.

Yupp.
    Didn't one of the Orchis data-pages mention something about dealing with the superpowered beings after they've taken care of the mutants? Orchis under OS rule wants to eradicate ALL organic life that's the end goal.

And Fielong and the Sinisters and other human affiliates all have to watch their backs because they certainly don't have as much "immunity" as they think they do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    You joke, but now I'm wondering about Lockheed. And resurrecting Butter Rum could add a nice twist. It goes wrong so Firestar does actually kill Butter Rum this time around.
    Hmm... What if Brightwind was Butter Rum reincarnated in Asgardian fashion by way of Hela in order to recruit Danielle?
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-03-2023 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Hmm... What if Brightwind was Butter Rum reincarnated in Asgardian fashion by way of Hela in order to recruit Danielle?
    First instance of the resurrection protocols being broken is by resurrecting Butter Rum when he's already alive. Alternatively we get a new mini after fall of x that's Emma just stealing mythological horses trying to make it up to Angelica.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    OMG you just blew my mind with this theory!

I further posit that Butter Rum/Brightwind is also Spirit/Swift Wind from She-Ra:

Case in point, he already came back as a sassy version of himself in the Netflix reboot, so this stallion clearly knows his way around resurrection:

And just how many horses do you know that have wings? They're all clearly the same horse!