Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

As much as I love Storm, she deserves to have her decision - both locking the four out and giving her and Kurt's votes to Colossus - come back to bite her in the @$$.

Heck... The entire Quiet Council deserves this.

Astonishing Member

Considering how Kate’s become a shameless lickspittle for Emma in this era, Colossus is really betting on the wrong horse here

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    LOL Hope is about to be MAD!!!
    Good. She is a brat through and through and literally gave Exodus **** for not being a mindless lap dog in some alt future lmfao. She isn't ready to sit at the big table.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    As much as I love Storm, she deserves to have her decision - both locking the four out and giving her and Kurt's votes to Colossus - come back to bite her in the @$$.

If we're going to hold this against Storm as if she should have somehow known a person she's trusted for years and who normally WOULD be someone she could trust has been compromised....

Then logically, shouldn't the same blame trace back to Xavier appointing Piotr to the Council in the first place, given that even as of then he was already compromised by the exact same individuals?

If he, Moira and Magneto with their accumulated powers and foreknowledge had no idea Piotr was compromised why on Earth should Storm be the one held accountable for not knowing that?

Yeah you can't really blame anyone for not knowing that Piotr is compromised.

That being said the Xavier didn't appoint him out of the goodness of his heart or because Piotr is such a good person. He only did it so "his side" has basically one more vote. That's shady af but then that's nothing new for Xavier, right?
    "This is me being reasonable"

Why would have Storm have any indication that Pete wasn’t himself, for most of his time of the council he’s been keeping a low profile, not raising any suspicion at all whatsoever. Its kinda silly to blame Storm for something she has no clue about, no one literally could have seen Pete getting controlled by a reality warper.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Considering how Kate’s become a shameless lickspittle for Emma in this era, Colossus is really betting on the wrong horse here
    Dont know what Emma has to do with Kate realizing that Piotr is not himself…she has know and loved him I think she’s the perfect person to bet on. If no one else could see he’s not entirely himself than the one person who knows him best should.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    If we're going to hold this against Storm as if she should have somehow known a person she's trusted for years and who normally WOULD be someone she could trust has been compromised....

Then logically, shouldn't the same blame trace back to Xavier appointing Piotr to the Council in the first place, given that even as of then he was already compromised by the exact same individuals?

If he, Moira and Magneto with their accumulated powers and foreknowledge had no idea Piotr was compromised why on Earth should Storm be the one held accountable for not knowing that?
    Is this about US wanting to blame someone? No, I think it is about wanting to see drama for characters we like. A story where Storm takes actions that turn out to be a problem for her is more entertaining than a story where Storm takes actions and then play out for Xavier. And this is not mutually exclusive. Xavier's mistakes will be brought to light as he deals with his own problems soon.

I’m just as GAGGED as Kate. For her first in-depth interaction with Pete post failed marriage this must be crazy. The council really done fucked up this time. Clearly they should have kicked off the four compromised members and replaced them, but instead here we are. Also Gillen doing a much better job describing Pete’s mental situation than Percy.

Agreed. Locking the four out of votes but keeping them on the council was bound to cause drama and hopefully Storm gets knocked down a peg or two for it, especially after how much hubris she had in #11. She gets partial blame IMO for giving her vote to Piotr. No way she would know he was compromised but it just felt like such a bad idea to give one person three votes. They would only ever need one person to do whatever it was they wanted (as we can clearly see).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Is this about US wanting to blame someone? No, I think it is about wanting to see drama for characters we like. A story where Storm takes actions that turn out to be a problem for her is more entertaining than a story where Storm takes actions and then play out for Xavier. And this is not mutually exclusive. Xavier's mistakes will be brought to light as he deals with his own problems soon.
    When you single one character out for accountability on something every single cast member has shared in (treating/viewing Piotr without suspicion), then IMO it begs the question why the focus is being put on HER decisions in regards to Piotr, as though.....everyone else hasn't equally been culpable of....trusting Piotr. *shrugs*

If it were just about her decision to strip the four of their votes but keep them on the Council....okay, make it about that. But conflating that with the Piotr thing just directs the attention for everything Piotr does in this issue primarily at her, and that's the part I question/object to.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That is Gillenister's obvious-from-a-mile-away predictable intentions
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I just had a thought. Nightcrawler should just give his seat to Betsy Braddock and she can have more interaction with Piotr.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Yay Selene is back! Very intriguing. I'm really curious to see what's in store for Gillen's Immortal X-Men Year 2, I'm expecting it to be one of the books that's most impacted by Fall of X in terms of both cast and overall premise.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If only the characters were being written that sensible...but then we wouldn't be where we're at...plot-contrived implosion.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Happy Pride indeed.
    Colossus the ally! Adding diversity to the council? Never knew you had it in you, Peter.

I guess a dude being perpetually inside you does broaden one's horizons lmao

I'm breaking out the champagne, because the Big S (pun intended) herself is back to slay another day. Sinister's seat of Fabulous mischief shall not go vacant for much longer