Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yay Selene is back! Very intriguing. I'm really curious to see what's in store for Gillen's Immortal X-Men Year 2, I'm expecting it to be one of the books that's most impacted by Fall of X in terms of both cast and overall premise.
    Hopefully there's still a council after fall. I know its not everyone's favorite and there are some issues with it, but I love the politics and drama it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Colossus the ally! Adding diversity to the council? Never knew you had it in you, Peter.

I guess a dude being perpetually inside you does broaden one's horizons lmao

I'm breaking out the champagne, because the Big S (pun intended) herself is back to slay another day. Sinister's seat of Fabulous mischief shall not go vacant for much longer
    New rule? Each season must have one seat that's held by someone whose fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m just as GAGGED as Kate. For her first in-depth interaction with Pete post failed marriage this must be crazy. The council really done fucked up this time. Clearly they should have kicked off the four compromised members and replaced them, but instead here we are. Also Gillen doing a much better job describing Pete’s mental situation than Percy.
    Honestly there's a part of me that kind of enjoys seeing Pete screw Kitty over here while another part of me is probably going to be heartbroken that he's genuinely banking on her realizing something is wrong and saving him...and she'll probably just think he's a sellout.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Hopefully there's still a council after fall. I know its not everyone's favorite and there are some issues with it, but I love the politics and drama it brings.
    I feel like they've just about hit the limit for how dysfunctional and messy they can make the council in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If only the characters were being written that sensible...but then we wouldn't be where we're at...plot-contrived implosion.
    The implosion was baked into the Council cake since Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yay Selene is back! Very intriguing. I'm really curious to see what's in store for Gillen's Immortal X-Men Year 2, I'm expecting it to be one of the books that's most impacted by Fall of X in terms of both cast and overall premise.
    I'm very curious as well about what's to come with this book come Fall of X. I hope Selene sticks around for a while because she's such a delight.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Colossus the ally! Adding diversity to the council? Never knew you had it in you, Peter.

I guess a dude being perpetually inside you does broaden one's horizons lmao

I'm breaking out the champagne, because the Big S (pun intended) herself is back to slay another day. Sinister's seat of Fabulous mischief shall not go vacant for much longer
    All hail the Big S!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like they've just about hit the limit for how dysfunctional and messy they can make the council in my opinion.
    Yeah, its getting pretty peak right now. But if there are changes to the council post Fall of X I think there can be more drama. Maybe not as much as now, but still a possibility. My bigger fear is missing out on the politics side. Field books with lots of combat are good, but I like the less action oriented ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Yeah, its getting pretty peak right now. But if there are changes to the council post Fall of X I think there can be more drama. Maybe not as much as now, but still a possibility. My bigger fear is missing out on the politics side. Field books with lots of combat are good, but I like the less action oriented ones too.
    I feel like it just gets messy when you mix Superheroes and politics. I get how it's interesting from a genre and drama standpoint...just not sure if it can continue to play a factor in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like it just gets messy when you mix Superheroes and politics. I get how it's interesting from a genre and drama standpoint...just not sure if it can continue to play a factor in the books.
    Probably can get good drama without being too messy without all the villains. Stuff like Storm and Emma disagreeing on how to handle something happening to Krakoa, rather than dealing with machinations and power moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    As much as I love Storm, she deserves to have her decision - both locking the four out and giving her and Kurt's votes to Colossus - come back to bite her in the @$$.

Heck... The entire Quiet Council deserves this.
    All except Hope. Poor girl was done dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Good. She is a brat through and through and literally gave Exodus shit for not being a mindless lap dog in some alt future lmfao. She isn't ready to sit at the big table.
    So was literally every single person on that Council. Why the hell is Hope being the one called out and not Emma, Storm, Xavier, or Rasputin?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That is Gillenister's obvious-from-a-mile-away predictable intentions
    Why is predictability suddenly a bad thing? I say so long as the characters stay in-character as far as how they have been written in your story, then just keep following the story. Meeting expectations is a good thing, depending on what those expectations are.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    So was literally every single person on that Council. Why the hell is Hope being the one called out and not Emma, Storm, Xavier, or Rasputin?
    Hope attacked Exodus, took away his powers, then literally beat him bloody. Because of the actions of a Sinister-ized, alternate future version of himself.

if the QC stays around after this we need to expand the size of it, instead of just changing the seats every other day it'd be much better to add people to the council.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Hope attacked Exodus, took away his powers, then literally beat him bloody. Because of the actions of a Sinister-ized, alternate future version of himself.
    Oh god. Another dumb take. Let’s analyze exactly what happened. Take a look at what Hope tells Exodus in the second to last panel.

Stay away. I’m not your messiah. You’re not a church.”

Huh, sounds like someone was following her relentlessly to absolve his own guilt. At least give the gal some space to figure her own crap out. Assuming Hope is even around college age and not still a teen at this point, which she might still be depending on how the sliding timescale works in the comics, Hope would still be in that emotional age where she has yet to fully know how to handle her own feelings as an adult. Not in the sense of hormones, but in the sense of experience and seeing what it does. In essence, she has yet to mature fully, yet she is mature enough to be on the council due to her being forced into the role of a mutant messiah by destiny (as in fate and prophecy, not the mutant).

She has to grow-up too fast to deal with screwed up things, including facing the depths of darkness she had never thought existed until Storm and Rasputin showed her that alt timeline. She does not need a grown man perpetrating that destiny on her with all the pressure that comes with it to beg for forgiveness. The bastard is acting like he was at fault anyways. So was Storm acting like they were all at fault with her,

“That’s what I was moping to see from them. Remorse. A prospect of change.”

And Emma with her,

“And what were you doing? We were compromised. You weren’t, yet you let it go on for five whole years!”

But Hope is the one that is being called out? Screw that. That’s hypocrisy at its finest and is ignoring the fundamental fact the man is not leaving a young girl alone when she is clearly telling him to stay the hell away. More than once in fact, since she outright tells him after seeing that Sins of Sinister timeline. This fight they have is the second time on-panel, with an inference from Hope that she has to tell him more than that by her stating “Stay Away”.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    if the QC stays around after this we need to expand the size of it, instead of just changing the seats every other day it'd be much better to add people to the council.
    As unlikely as it would be to work , and as much as I wouldn't want it in a book, it would be funny to see the QC be pretty big and done by lotto picks for the day or that specific vote.

Seriously though, if there's a future council it needs an odd number of members and to do away with the whole seasons thing. There's no reason for Winter or Summer to be there at all IMO.

This is a glorious day for the Goddess