Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

My only problem with this preview is that I don't believe Shaw would support having Selene on the Council, he used to really hate her. Unless there was a reconciliation that I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Seeing Selene back made my day!!!!!!!! There is nothing more flawless than Selene drawn by Lucas Werneck. I'm in heaven. The last year without Selene were the worst of my X-Men nerd life!!!!!!

Finally, the Quiet Council has some exciting to it again. Now we need Apocalypse and Jean back, and Shaw and Colossus to leave.
    Haha yes! Her above entrance is instantly iconic and legendary. From the cape to the hair to the accessories to the fit and the body. She has arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    My only problem with this preview is that I don't believe Shaw would support having Selene on the Council, he used to really hate her. Unless there was a reconciliation that I missed.
    He's been working with Mother Righteous who had been working with Selene (though we don't know on what exactly). MR recently gave Shaw a list of things she wants and I think Selene back on the council is one of them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm already drooling at the exquisite outfits Lucas will draw for Selene. After giving us a taste during Sins of Sinister, Gillen can finally up the S&M ante on Immortal X-Men in a way not seen since Milo Manara's X-Women book.

With the pedestrian Pryde and her ridiculous outfits gone, the Queens Emma and Selene will host the best-dressed Quiet Council assembly ever seen. Not one to back down from a challenge, Ororo will come down from Arakko wearing only rain, clouds and earrings, bringing Jean along who in turn will only wear fire. It will be glorious.
    Petition that the next QC have a fashion requirement for all members. Emma, Selene and Storm are good fits. I'm not sure about Jean though, the return of the Marvel Girl costume was a choice.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Petition that the next QC have a fashion requirement for all members. Emma, Selene and Storm are good fits. I'm not sure about Jean though, the return of the Marvel Girl costume was a choice.
    That is true, although anyone can have a bad day:

Perhaps Jumbo should hang around the Council the way Doug does, to make sure no more faux pas happen.

what?! It was clearly a cynical meta-commentary by Jean about how male straight cis writers like Hickman see her. tz,...

#feministmarxisticon4ever who does not do capitalism or getting objectified by writers.
    Last edited by Exodus; 06-03-2023 at 03:07 PM.

Perhaps Jumbo should hang around the Council the way Doug does, to make sure no more faux pas happen.
    I legit think DoX until the end of Rosenberg's Uncanny run got retconned out of existence with Krakoa.
    Jumbo should absolutely get the adjunct role from Doug/Krakoa.

what?! It was clearly a cynical meta-commentary by Jean about how male straight cis writers like Hickman see her. tz,...

#feministmarxisticon4ever who does not do capitalism or getting objectified by writers.
    I really want a breakdown of how the decision to do that to her came about. With the interviews that give some behind scenes info I really want that to come out.

I wonder what ever happened to that outfit, did she just wear that costume that one time and threw it in the nearest dumpster fire? Also, it's hilarious how that outfit literally was never mentioned again, she was supposed to wear it in Secret Empire United, with her wearing it on the cover of the book and the cover being changed last minute to Magik.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

LOL this reminds me... should Jean dust off Piotr's old identity and costume? We all know she rocks the red.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I wonder what ever happened to that outfit, did she just wear that costume that one time and threw it in the nearest dumpster fire?
    As a true icon, I would assume Emma does that with every single outfit anyway, for she knows they're to be worn only once.

LOL! that's hilarious. Oh yes, please, that costume SCREAMS Jean Grey!!! Only needs a new mask.

I should have saved the image of Jean explaining that the X-Men don't do capitalism.

Coming back to this threat...I think Selene and Jean together at the council would be an interesting dynamic. because Selene is basically only that: capitalist evilness par excellence.
    Last edited by Exodus; 06-03-2023 at 03:39 PM.

I wonder what ever happened to that outfit, did she just wear that costume that one time and threw it in the nearest dumpster fire? Also, it's hilarious how that outfit literally was never mentioned again, she was supposed to wear it in Secret Empire United, with her wearing it on the cover of the book and the cover being changed last minute to Magik.
    That's another thing I'm curious about, why they changed the covers. IIRC she didn't even wear the costume in Secret Empire United.

LOL! that's hilarious. Oh yes, please, that costume SCREAMS Jean Grey!!! Only needs a new mask.

I should have saved the image of Jean explaining that the X-Men don't do capitalism.

Coming back to this threat...I think Selene and Jean together at the council would be an interesting dynamic. because Selene is basically only that: capitalist evilness par excellence.
    I wonder if she ever got mad at the Summer table when she was there than, since that's pretty much the whole point of HTC.

That's another thing I'm curious about, why they changed the covers. IIRC she didn't even wear the costume in Secret Empire United.
    I always just thought they changed it due to the large amount of backlash they got for Emma's portrayal in the story and the story in general. There really wasn't any reason for them to so quickly ditch that costume
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I always just thought they changed it due to the large amount of backlash they got for Emma's portrayal in the story and the story in general. There really wasn't any reason for them to so quickly ditch that costume
    Them getting rid of the outfit quickly makes sense (and it feels like they got rid of everything from DoX onwards in Krakoa)
    But they had this on the cover

while this was inside

There has to be more since they even changed her to Magik on the cover rather than just make it white.

But looking at the costume at the end of IvX and there are some similarities between that and what Selene's got.
    Last edited by RAWRlrus; 06-03-2023 at 05:54 PM.