Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    At the dinner table.

spoilers:
    May talks about Peter settling down, and Randy and Robbie talk about setting Peter up with one of the bridesmaids. May likes the idea. We saw in ASM 19 and 20 that she knows about Peter x Felicia. So is that relationship is already doomed?
    end of spoilers
    Well we are aware that she knows Peter went to spend the weekend with Felicia's but maybe she isn't aware they are going out yet. Either way while I don't expect PeterxFelicia to last long (and really dislike how underutilized its been so far in Zeb's run) I doubt they would hint at a break up outside of the ASM book before said break up could occur.

Oh wow, it's Peter's supporting cast! Haven't seen them in a while!

This issue was fun. Maybe I'm setting myself up for a fall here, but I seriously enjoy Norman's redemption arc. Norman and Normie are some of the most interestingly written characters in awhile. Also the premise is pretty well done. Especially when Peter realizes that beating up crooks puts them in "danger" too.

Spider-Boy continues to just be there. Not really doing anything but not really being offensive either. It feels like he has no real direction yet.

All in all, I'm quite glad that this series exists, given the state of ASM

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I read this at the weekend and really enjoyed it.

I do find it a bit weird that May is inviting Joe Robertson and JJJ to dinner. It got to the point as a Norman hate group pretty quickly, but that felt like the reason these characters were chosen. I am enjoying everyone refusing to forgive all the awful things Norman has done, specifically to Peter, and giving him **** about it. These are characters who have stood up to Norman in his full Goblin madness after all.

Electro continues to be in his holding pattern of searching for a solid direction/purpose, which he's largely done since the 80's.

I still think Bagley's art is pretty weak, though his layouts are as excellent as ever.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I read this at the weekend and really enjoyed it.

I do find it a bit weird that May is inviting Joe Robertson and JJJ to dinner. It got to the point as a Norman hate group pretty quickly, but that felt like the reason these characters were chosen. I am enjoying everyone refusing to forgive all the awful things Norman has done, specifically to Peter, and giving him **** about it. These are characters who have stood up to Norman in his full Goblin madness after all.

Electro continues to be in his holding pattern of searching for a solid direction/purpose, which he's largely done since the 80's.

I still think Bagley's art is pretty weak, though his layouts are as excellent as ever.
    Jonah being at the dinner makes sense because she was married to his father. Robbie being there is weird.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Jonah being at the dinner makes sense because she was married to his father. Robbie being there is weird.
    Not entirely. Robbie was Jonah's best friend and just about the only person at The Daily Bugle Jonah respected enough to let rein him in when he was threatening to go too far in his anti-Spider-Man crusade, not to mention how much esteem Peter had for him, so . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

One day Jonah and Robbie will work together again...

Mighty Member

I know it's cool to hate Dan Slott in this forum, but it was once again a cool Spider-man issue, much better than the flagship title.

And even if I wasn't convinced by spider-boy, I have to admit that he's been pretty well treated so far. Dan Slott knows Spider-man and Peter Parker, you can't take that away from him.

And above all, he knows how to use his cast, he understands that Spider-man is also a very long soap opera, that his cast of secondary characters (Jameson, May etc.) are what make it interesting and humane. Not a fan of his latest spider-verse, but when he writes Peter Parker in his everyday life, he is good.
    Last edited by lordozone; 06-15-2023 at 04:40 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

I did love the Spider-Man movie reference Norman made when he came in.

I also question where in the timeline this is all happening. Isn't Norman already essentially The Gold Goblin in ASM? But in SM he seems to have finally announced that he IS The Gold Goblin.

So the question is where in the timelines does this all happen, because the multiversal event where millions of Spider-People were in New York City and Peter is coming off of Uncle Ben being alive again and then not, sounds like it'd be a pretty big deal.

So... where in the timeline does SM happen in congruence to ASM?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One day Jonah and Robbie will work together again...
    Is Jonah still working at the Fact Channel?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    I think he mentions either Fact Channel or Threats and Menaces in #9.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I think he mentions either Fact Channel or Threats and Menaces in #9.
    It's Threats and Menaces. Fact Channel booted him in the aftermath of The Clone Conspiracy, since it was Jonah endorsing New U Technologies that helped the Jackal nearly kill the entire human race so they could be "reanimated" as clones by way of hijacking their broadcast frequency, which put serious egg on their faces.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It's Threats and Menaces. Fact Channel booted him in the aftermath of The Clone Conspiracy, since it was Jonah endorsing New U Technologies that helped the Jackal nearly kill the entire human race so they could be "reanimated" as clones by way of hijacking their broadcast frequency, which put serious egg on their faces.
    Ok, I don't quite get why they don't just go back to having JJJ running the Bugle again

Ok, I don't quite get why they don't just go back to having JJJ running the Bugle again
    Because it's bad enough that Peter doesn't get to progress with his life and move on to new and different things. At least the other major characters in the Spider-Mythos get to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Because it's bad enough that Peter doesn't get to progress with his life and move on to new and different things. At least the other major characters in the Spider-Mythos get to develop.
    Are they though? Feels like Jonah's just trying to replace the Bugle shaped hole in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are they though? Feels like Jonah's just trying to replace the Bugle shaped hole in his heart.
    Maybe he is, though sometimes . . . you can't go home again.