Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Maybe he is, though sometimes . . . you can't go home again.
    Though in comics that's often proven less true .

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Ok, I don't quite get why they don't just go back to having JJJ running the Bugle again
    I think it's more interesting this way.

Robbie has always been a fantastic character who, arguably, ran The Bugle so him owning it is a great forward move for him.

JJJ running The Bugle as a pro-Spidey paper just doesn't feel right and I have no interest in him going backwards to hating Spidey again. I like him as a general blowhard though, so making him a cult of personality podcaster is perfect. There's actually a lot more could be done with that but Marvel has to be careful about turning off parts of the audience.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I think it's more interesting this way.

Robbie has always been a fantastic character who, arguably, ran The Bugle so him owning it is a great forward move for him.

JJJ running The Bugle as a pro-Spidey paper just doesn't feel right and I have no interest in him going backwards to hating Spidey again. I like him as a general blowhard though, so making him a cult of personality podcaster is perfect. There's actually a lot more could be done with that but Marvel has to be careful about turning off parts of the audience.
    Although to be honest the Bugle feels less relevant with Robbie in charge than it did when Jonah was but that might just be more on the writers than it just not being interesting...I remember COVID scuttling that Daily Bugle mini.

I remember it seemed like Spencer was potentially making Jonah resent Peter again because he didn't feel like Spidey was appreciating him or screwed him over during a livestream during King's Ransom.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although to be honest the Bugle feels less relevant with Robbie in charge than it did when Jonah was but that might just be more on the writers than it just not being interesting...I remember COVID scuttling that Daily Bugle mini.
    The Bugle's problem is that Peter doesn't work there anymore (and hasn't for over a decade) so it's harder to work it into the plot. It feels less relevant because it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember it seemed like Spencer was potentially making Jonah resent Peter again because he didn't feel like Spidey was appreciating him or screwed him over during a livestream during King's Ransom.
    I mean, Spencer was doing a nostalgia run so it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted good ol' JJJ back in his historic place. I'm glad he didn't.

I genuinely love him trying his best to be a better person and it often biting him in the ass, as it did when he was more villainous.

Besides, My Dinner With Jameson is genuinely so exceptionally excellent as a comic that I hope it remains the landmark it deserves to be and the change is permanent.
    Last edited by exile001; 06-16-2023 at 08:18 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Besides, My Dinner With Jameson is genuinely so exceptionally excellent as a comic that I hope it remains the landmark it deserves to be and the change is permanent.
    They walked back May knowing, so who knows.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    They walked back May knowing, so who knows.
    Only because of a deal with the (or a) literal Devil that wiped everyone's knowledge of Peter's secret identity except himself and Mary Jane. That said, the whole situation with Mister Negative/Martin Li and Aunt May blaming herself for all the chaos that seemed to come into her life after Last Remains would have been a perfect opportunity for Peter to finally come clean to his mother (figure).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Bugle's problem is that Peter doesn't work there anymore (and hasn't for over a decade) so it's harder to work it into the plot. It feels less relevant because it is.
    I think that's part of it but also that one of the key dynamics for why they were relevant was how their news and anti-Spider-Man spin would reflect on Spidey.
    I mean, Spencer was doing a nostalgia run so it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted good ol' JJJ back in his historic place. I'm glad he didn't.

I genuinely love him trying his best to be a better person and it often biting him in the ass, as it did when he was more villainous.

A "nolstalgia run" that at least tried to justify it, and he wrote Jonah post-character development pretty well.

Though I guess I'm coming at it that I liked the story but didn't feel like Peter needed to tell Jonah the way he did.