Default Bishop: War College #5 - Preview

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

That first page is actually really pretty. I wonder why the art looks so inconsistent in this series.

So where the Heather of this universe at? Also interesting that Tempo is about to have the most emotionally striking moment in this comic when she is neither Bishop nor one of the students in his War College.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    So where the Heather of this universe at? Also interesting that Tempo is about to have the most emotionally striking moment in this comic when she is neither Bishop nor one of the students in his War College.
    I think Bishop and Tempo are trapped in the pit.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    .....that would actually be an extremely interesting twist, ngl.

Astonishing Member

The more I think about it, the more sense this theory makes! The writer did an interview before this mini started and referenced how in canon, Bishop mentioned that when he was a kid he used to assume the X-Men were all black. If Bishop and Tempo's attempt to block Orchis' attack didn't send them into another timeline but actually due to their proximity to the Pit just activated some kind of automated or subconscious defense mechanism of the island's.....and they've actually been stuck in the Pit this whole time and only ASSUMED they were in this other timeline b/c Heather's powers provide a plausible alternative explanation so they wouldn't have even thought about the Pit being an option for where they were....

It totally makes sense that Bishop's subconscious seeded the framework for the AU the Pit built for his surroundings, while Heather's psyche contributed her idealized version of her dad and the relationship she could've had with him.

And we saw in LaValle's Sabretooth that people in the Pit can absolutely share or inhabit the same mindscape or imagined surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    .....that would actually be an extremely interesting twist, ngl.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    The more I think about it, the more sense this theory makes! The writer did an interview before this mini started and referenced how in canon, Bishop mentioned that when he was a kid he used to assume the X-Men were all black. If Bishop and Tempo's attempt to block Orchis' attack didn't send them into another timeline but actually due to their proximity to the Pit just activated some kind of automated or subconscious defense mechanism of the island's.....and they've actually been stuck in the Pit this whole time and only ASSUMED they were in this other timeline b/c Heather's powers provide a plausible alternative explanation so they wouldn't have even thought about the Pit being an option for where they were....

It totally makes sense that Bishop's subconscious seeded the framework for the AU the Pit built for his surroundings, while Heather's psyche contributed her idealized version of her dad and the relationship she could've had with him.

And we saw in LaValle's Sabretooth that people in the Pit can absolutely share or inhabit the same mindscape or imagined surroundings.
    Wow, this is a great theory. With Orchis on their way to the Pit that would be quite the surprise.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!