Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Yes sir! This is the content i'm looking for.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Im just waiting for the apologists to show up saying things like "Magneto wasn't serious. He was just posturing." No, he wasn't. The undertones of the Krakoa era have been quite obvious. Especially if you consider this was created by Hickmann who judging by his other projects clearly has found a fondness for this entire gods business.
    Ah, I see. I did not emit the sigh for the exact same reason, but rather the exact opposite reason.

The sigh I made was because 'oh I see we have to have the "just because one character says it doesn't mean that makes it the underlying motivation for every character who actually shows up to do the actual rescuing. There is zero on the page indication that Bobby, Jean, Triage, Warren and multiple other characters who aren't even in the same room when Xavier says that show up for any reason other than....to help people. None of THEM said anything whatsoever about being gods so if we could not paint them all with the same brush in an effort to invalidate every thing they do that would OTHERWISE come across as just as heroic as they've always been, that'd be great" convo.

*Shrugs* Call that apologism if you want, but I have no issue with people condemning that line from Xavier or feeling any particular way about it, same as I never had any issue with people feeling or concluding anything about Magneto saying the original line....as long as they kept it...ABOUT MAGNETO.

The issue for me has ALWAYS been one of 'stop using the dialogue of characters with decades-old established god complexes as proof that every single mutant hero feels the exact same way when we never had to have this discussion every time Xavier or Magneto pulled out a god-complex line PRE-Krakoa.'

Like, it used to be understood that a character like Bobby who isn't anywhere NEAR the convo calling mutantkind benevolent gods, shouldn't have to have his page time used to clarify that he doesn't actually see himself as a god and is literally just looking to help people here, when there is zero reason - based on things like his Infinity comic where he DOES say stuff like THIS

67.jpg

68.jpg

73.jpg

- to presume he has any other motivation for being here beyond....just wanting to help people. Rinse and repeat for the other heroes in this scene, who are not Xavier, and claimed no godhood.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Yeah Hickman has a fondness of the whole "übermenschen who see themselves above others" thing going all the way back to his F4 run with the Council of Reeds and then to New Avengers with the Illuminati and now history is again repeating itself.
    Except now it's like the entire X-Men and unlike them it doesn't seem like the "maybe this is bad" is coming since Hickman's gone

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    The sigh I made was because 'oh I see we have to have the "just because one character says it doesn't mean that makes it the underlying motivation for every character who actually shows up to do the actual rescuing. There is zero on the page indication that Bobby, Jean, Triage, Warren and multiple other characters who aren't even in the same room when Xavier says that show up for any reason other than....to help people. None of THEM said anything whatsoever about being gods so if we could not paint them all with the same brush in an effort to invalidate every thing they do that would OTHERWISE come across as just as heroic as they've always been, that'd be great" convo.

*Shrugs* Call that apologism if you want, but I have no issue with people condemning that line from Xavier or feeling any particular way about it, same as I never had any issue with people feeling or concluding anything about Magneto saying the original line....as long as they kept it...ABOUT MAGNETO.

The issue for me has ALWAYS been one of 'stop using the dialogue of characters with decades-old established god complexes as proof that every single mutant hero feels the exact same way when we never had to have this discussion every time Xavier or Magneto pulled out a god-complex line PRE-Krakoa.'
    Hoping that the whole gods thing is really only with Magneto and Xaiver (unless I missed others saying it), so when they retire the idea goes with them. Could be part of what Fall is about.

Aren't all Superheroes basically Gods? Including the literal ones?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The way I was hoping no one saw that. LOL
    LOL
    I'm now scrabbling to pick up both my eyes from off the floor somewhere because they rolled so hard and fast...ssssstttttteeeeeuuuuuuppppppsssssssssssss.

The timing of this is weird though...considering Xavier shouldn't be on active voting/Council duty.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-01-2023 at 02:44 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

At the very least it's great seeing Bishop actually getting to do his job.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL
    I'm now scrabbling to pick up both my eyes from off the floor somewhere because they rolled so hard and fast...ssssstttttteeeeeuuuuuuppppppsssssssssssss.

The timing of this is weird though...considering Xavier shouldn't be on active voting/Council duty.
    I'm curious about the timing too. Nightcrawler and Sinister are absent but the formerly sinisterized four are present.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    At the very least it's great seeing Bishop actually getting to do his job.
    Yeah seriously.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm curious about the timing too. Nightcrawler and Sinister are absent but the formerly sinisterized four are present.
    There's no Selene either like the Immortal preview. However the Immortal preview implies that someone has to request a closed session to kick them out? But I don't think Bishop knows about the four being sinisterized, so maybe since he's there the four are there to keep up appearances? Otherwise half the council would be missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aren't all Superheroes basically Gods? Including the literal ones?
    That's how i saw it. Magneto said it and people latched on it is true canon according to hickman definition because people will never let that line go so may as well show them what kind of gods they plan on being.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I've been looking forward to this for a while, and the preview looks good. I really like the uniforms, too. Though like I said in another thread, I am saddened by the fact that four of the O5 are present, but Percy-Beast obviously isn't. It would've been fun to see them all out on a rescue mission together.

Yeah seriously.
    Still haven't read the issues, of course, but I had the impression they are still on the Council and participating, just not taking part in votes ?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Replacement Triage with Vanisher or Pixie and we have the perfect X-Men team.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

I was going to point this out, but they actually skip the vote and when I counted up who would still be voting and how it likely would turn out I figured it did not really matter and just lumped it in with my comment about worrying about the writing and the idea of just needing to read the book for what it is. I do not think it is the first scene in a non Gillen X-book that takes place in this same window and seems consistent with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Replacement Triage with Vanisher or Pixie and we have the perfect X-Men team.
    Don't really see the point in replacing the one healer on the team with a teleporter. Seems unnecessary with gates and given the mission statement. Especially given there may be a lot of hurt people. At best all they would do is teleport them to a healer.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.