Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I have to say i think that's one of the worst pictures anyone ever did of her... generally fails at human anatomy.... some of the detail work on the costume is nice, but some is misguided. The belt being super wide makes no sense. this take also apparently has a zipper pull, on a top with no zipper. not a fan of the huge cuffs on the gloves either. The attempt at drawing the cargo pants is also a fail. The green trim work and U symbol are well done though.

well THIS is amusing...
    decu06y-361f16dc-19da-4b8b-94fc-0cb0be8370cc.jpg
    An Amalgam comics inspired UltraGirl look that's also Lois Lane.
    here on Da
    more specifically the Teri Hatcher version of UltraWoman in the Lois and Clark TV show.

hmmm New Kree Warriors, now with more Ultragirl!

Yeah, kinda like New Warriors in space.... But the previous versions have had a variety of alien members.

Who puts it together? Well, Teddy Altman/Hulkling/Dorrek VIII/Dorrek-Vell wants a team to help him with interstellar diplomacy specifically relations between Earth/Skrull/Kree, but not exclusively.... and doesn't fully trust people who have vested interests in maintaining the status quo in the Kree or Skrull Empires, or Earth for that matter.

Ultragirl gets on it because she's a rare example of a Kree who's lived on Earth who has no true allegiance to either government.

Also we have Thor Girl who's an alien who answers to no empire. She... also tends to have a low opinion of most mortals.

Nova is here since this team exists for peace keeping operations.

Darkhawk(Chris Powell) is another who's trusted by Teddy to impartially handle disputes between Kree and Skrulls.... the whole Darkhawk thing is kinda sorta the Shi'ar's fault after all.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I’ve been saying to give her the MM costume in orange and green.
    I'd be hard pressed to find a color combination that is more unpleasantly garish than Orange/Green, so I loved the transition to the legacy Marvel look.
    If anything, the new Captain Marvel suit being worn by Carol in the MARVELS movie seems to have a youthful element to it that would be fitting for Suzi. 3/4 sleeves, fingerless gloves lend etc lending itself to a less military look. Even the half braid hairstyle would be a becoming adaptation for Ultra Girl. I might alter the pants into shorts/boots or something to give it a bit more of a "girl-y" look.
    Another one I might play with sketching designs...

I do like the subtle lightning bolt in this version of the depiction of the suit by Vecchio. Never noticed it before.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 07-19-2023 at 08:31 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I'd be hard pressed to find a color combination that is more unpleasantly garish than Orange/Green, so I loved the transition to the legacy Marvel look.
    If anything, the new Captain Marvel suit being worn by Carol in the MARVELS movie seems to have a youthful element to it that would be fitting for Suzi. 3/4 sleeves, fingerless gloves lend etc lending itself to a less military look. Even the half braid hairstyle would be a becoming adaptation for Ultra Girl. I might alter the pants into shorts/boots or something to give it a bit more of a "girl-y" look.
    Another one I might play with sketching designs...

I do like the subtle lightning bolt in this version of the depiction of the suit by Vecchio. Never noticed it before.
    Funny thing... the zig-zag green trim... is part of the original Ultragirl look. That art by Vecchio is actually very faithful to her original look.

Some DeviantArt recasts Ultragirl in a more Marvelous, albeit mature, visual.

Also...liking the looseness and movement of the Ultragirl suit when portrayed as a 2 piece rather than a solid jumpsuit.
    UltraGirl1.jpg

Last edited by Thirteen; 07-20-2023 at 05:27 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I like her original look. It's so unique. This picture is very good.

Peace

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I like the original look alright, but can see how it's not quite as eye catching are your typical red/blue/black hero variants. In a group she would definitely stand out. I wouldn't mind either of Carol's outfits, but could see how she might not want her original one having had it taken from her by Moonstone. I dont really see a reason for her to adopt the black and yellow as people would put pants on it and that would make it a rather dark costume for her, which isn't her personality at all.
    The Avengers has always had a penchant for having one younger, never been an Avenger, graduated character and I would love if they would pull Suzi in. Otherwise, I would be happy with a revised Warriors line up...the only problem there is that Namorita is always the preferred heavy hitter for that team, and Champions feels a little young for her.
    Where ever...I just wish Marvel would use her.

Also...liking the looseness and movement of the Ultragirl suit when portrayed as a 2 piece rather than a solid jumpsuit.
    My read of the original look was that it's pants and sleeveless jacket. it's just she tucks the top into the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I like her original look. It's so unique. This picture is very good.

Peace
    Yeah, I like this one too.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!