Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Jed is an excellent writer, but is he a big name? Serious question, I don't recall hearing about him doing much in other mediums
    He's mainly famous in Canada for his work with children television.

When was the last time a big name writer didn't jettison the work of past, lesser known writers?
    See the last 8 years of Black Panther.

Who (along with the X-Office) jettisoned everything from Stan Lee to Priest to Aaron to McDuffie to G Willow Wilson to Hudlin to Hickman's work on T'Challa.

While we are at it lets toss in Supergirl and John Kent once Bendis arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    I thought the Hivemind did quite well writing Steve. Issue 4 was exceptional vibing an introspective Englehart take but more confident. Their handling of Sharon has been excellent as well. That one Coldwar issue of Steve perseverating about Ian felt odd but general I’ve loved their take. Sad it’s ending way too soon.
    I thought the characterization of Steve was fine until Sam's writer started writing him, but the Outer Circle stuff just left me cold.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    He's mainly famous in Canada for his work with children television.
    Wait, Canada is real?! :P

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought the characterization of Steve was fine until Sam's writer started writing him, but the Outer Circle stuff just left me cold.
    "We are the Outer Circle, and you wear our emblem! Angst about it Steve, angst!"

Poor White Wolf. The guy took over all of North America in a week, and he's stuck hanging out with these guys who've been nothings for a century.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

It's interesting that at the start Lanzing/Kelly's run was really well received, but as it went further in the whole Outer Circle plotline and the whole thing with Bucky, that's when the hype started chilling.

You can probably eye in clear details for why the run failed or just didn't do as well as expected.

Amusingly the then stellar response is prolly what got them the Guardians of the Galaxy book which is also getting a rather chilly response at the moment.

BANNED

Didn't we nuke it or was that Australia. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think he does have a Babylon 5 reboot he’s working on.

Man I would love to see Priest get a run but that would be very political so I’m not sure why you want it lol.
    The B5 Reboot is currently in Limbo due to WB selling CW. But he is working on a B5 animated film for WB the movie has been casted, and he released some animation stills.

Yes, but it can only be accessed through Otherworld
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Ultimate Member

Now now just because they gave us Justin Beiber and made Drake famous is not a reason to question if it's real.

You know how many Power Rangers that place gave us? Along with Disney shows?

But yeah it seems he has done a lot of children's television work. Which can be a good thing when you are trying to attract that demographic.

At least it should help comic sales in Canada.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Now now just because they gave us Justin Beiber and made Drake famous is not a reason to question if it's real.

You know how many Power Rangers that place gave us? Along with Disney shows?

But yeah it seems he has done a lot of children's television work. Which can be a good thing when you are trying to attract that demographic.

At least it should help comic sales in Canada.
    As a Power Rangers fan, I do tip my hat to Canada.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Times like these, my mind always defaults to the Clerks: m Animated series depiction of Canada.

Ultimate Member

In all seriousness, and more than a little selfish of me, I'm disappointed that Jed has a career outside of comics. At his worst, he's still pretty competent and insightful. I fear losing him to a better career like Christos Gage

Ah well, enjoy it while it lasts.

Are we taking bets on how long it'll be before JMS falls way behind on his Cap series?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

In all seriousness, and more than a little selfish of me, I'm disappointed that Jed has a career outside of comics. At his worst, he's still pretty competent and insightful. I fear losing him to a better career like Christos Gage

Are we taking bets on how long it'll be before JMS falls way behind on his Cap series?
    Understandable. The writing talent doesn't get compensated all that well, financially speaking, and these are for characters-slash-intellectual properties that have gone on to make billions of dollars in film and TV adaptations for the companies that own them. Then again, considering the strike happening right now, it seems writers aren't compensated all that well across the board, in terms of the entertainment industry, which is a shame.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

#comicmademebroke exists for a reason.

Ed Brubaker said pay was one of the reason you don't see Sean Phillips (who he generally does indy books with) doing a ton of books.

The PAY (among other things) are the issue.

Why do you think we see all these new folks from other industries?

You want folks to only do comics-Marvel has to PAY and create better work conditions.

BANNED

#comicmademebroke exists for a reason.

Ed Brubaker said pay was one of the reason you don't see Sean Phillips (who he generally does indy books with) doing a ton of books.

The PAY (among other things) are the issue.

Why do you think we see all these new folks from other industries?

You want folks to only do comics-Marvel has to PAY and create better work conditions.
    But the best selling non #1 comics only sell at most 100,000 copies. This industry is a really broken system