Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If Mayday Parker were to become a 616 character, how would you do it?

I honestly love the idea of Peter becoming a dad but I doubt they'd do it. In my opinion at this point it'd require a little hoop jumping. I personally would do a story arc where Counter Earth gets introduced and Peter gets stranded there for a number of years and when he makes it back he brings his kid with him. I like that idea because it'd save time like for Peter decades could have passed but outside of Counter Earth (which could have been in a pocket dimension) only a few could have passed and when he returns he could for whatever reason return to the age when he left but his daughter would be unchanged. It'd also give writers a lot of freedom with Peter and allow them to launch to series featuring him where we see his time on Counter Earth and see him and his kid adjusting to normal Earth after escaping Counter Earth's destruction.

This would also be a good way of introducing Sir Ram and the other knights have him be tied to Counter Earth MJ's death and after turning up on Earth there could be a story where Mayday goes after him and Peter tries stopping her or attempts to get to Sir Ram before her. I also think it'd be interesting for Peter to have been gone developed all sorts of new relationships and for them to all slowly start turning up on regular Earth.

I had a friend pitch an idea to me that Mayday was taken by Mephisto through a deal with Norman (“someplace she can never be found”), and placed in another fake reality. Peter and/or MJ find her during one of the many alternate-time/dimension craziness that always follows them, but are skeptical that she’s their daughter. Story would then have to ramp up to them confronting Mephisto, and upon his defeat the “spell” of the alternate reality fades and Peter and MJ return with their kid to figure out where they go from there.

Astonishing Member

Just say she was given up for adoption and they never knew about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I had a friend pitch an idea to me that Mayday was taken by Mephisto through a deal with Norman (“someplace she can never be found”), and placed in another fake reality. Peter and/or MJ find her during one of the many alternate-time/dimension craziness that always follows them, but are skeptical that she’s their daughter. Story would then have to ramp up to them confronting Mephisto, and upon his defeat the “spell” of the alternate reality fades and Peter and MJ return with their kid to figure out where they go from there.
    for me? Step 1: pretend Mephisto never existed.

Step 2:... honestly I liked how MC2 did it...

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I like that approach a lot actually.

Mighty Member

Two ways:

- First idea would be to just have the Peter and MJ of Lost Hunt replace the current Peter and MJ.

- Second idea is preferred and is an extension of the plot from Across the Spider-verse. Do not read if you have not watched the movie and do not want to be spoiled.

spoilers:
    The Mephisto deal that saved Aunt May and undid the marriage was a massive canon anomaly that eventually causes the Spider-verse to start unraveling. As per the canon, Spider-man's Aunt must die (and Peter and Mary Jane must marry) so that their daughter Mayday is born. Because of the Mephisto deal, Mayday is never born. Without those events happening, without the future 616 Spider-woman existing, Mephisto will destroy 616. This, in turn, threatens the very existence of the Spider-verse as the 616 comics are the "prime" canon from which all others derive. And so alt Mayday and a team of other Spider-characters try set the prime canon of the Spider-verse back to its original state. The story basically writes itself.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Two ways:

- First idea would be to just have the Peter and MJ of Lost Hunt replace the current Peter and MJ.

- Second idea is preferred and is an extension of the plot from Across the Spider-verse. Do not read if you have not watched the movie and do not want to be spoiled.

spoilers:
    The Mephisto deal that saved Aunt May and undid the marriage was a massive canon anomaly that eventually causes the Spider-verse to start unraveling. As per the canon, Spider-man's Aunt must die (and Peter and Mary Jane must marry) so that their daughter Mayday is born. Because of the Mephisto deal, Mayday is never born. Without those events happening, without the future 616 Spider-woman existing, Mephisto will destroy 616. This, in turn, threatens the very existence of the Spider-verse as the 616 comics are the "prime" canon from which all others derive. And so alt Mayday and a team of other Spider-characters try set the prime canon of the Spider-verse back to its original state. The story basically writes itself.
    end of spoilers
    Those are great approaches too. Gee, there could be sooo many good ways for this to happen.

My solution would be something akin to what happened with Wanda but a little different.

Mephisto wanted to "feast on" Mary Jane and Peter's happiness when he made the deal right?
    Have that happiness manifest itself into a person. That person being Mayday, the child that Mary Jane and Peter would have had.
    Make her a teenager or what have you, maybe even start her off as evil/working for some evil entity(probably Mephisto or an underling so that Mephisto has plausible deniability for the time being)
    And have it be a mystery who this new "spider-person" was causing all this trouble.

Have it eventually revealed, that it's Mayday, the child Peter and Mary Jane would have had, but essentially gave up in order to save Aunt May's life.
    Have that part of the story given to Mayday and shaped her growth which is why she holds disdain for Peter, Mary Jane, Aunt May, etc.

Give her an arc where she eventually becomes her own version of a hero, and create something of a barrier with her and Peter that they'll eventually work through years later when they finally embrace as father and daughter. But also having it create something of a tension between her and Mephisto.

Which eventually leads to the potential prophecy happening, but it gets more layers when you realize Mephisto had used the happiness he took from MJ and Peter in order to create Mayday in the first place as she WOULD have been their happiness.

Giving this scene full context but also an element of personal vendetta, and their story(Mayday and Mephisto's) needing to reach it's conclusive showdown.

That's how I'd do it anyway.
    It also doesn't compromise any future stories editorial wants to tell.
    Mayday exists in the 616 as a teenager(and grows with time). Peter doesn't have to be "married". Peter and MJ's relationship can be anything the writers at the time want to play around with, because Mayday already exists. And Mayday exists initially as an antagonist as a final consequence to OMD being that she's what they unknowingly gave up when they sacrificed their marriage, and Mephisto feeds off of that for one final cruel joke. But also in his arrogance, unwittingly creating the person that ultimately leads to his defeat at some point in the future.
    Last edited by Majesty; 06-02-2023 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    My solution would be something akin to what happened with Wanda but a little different.

Mephisto wanted to "feast on" Mary Jane and Peter's happiness when he made the deal right?
    Have that happiness manifest itself into a person. That person being Mayday, the child that Mary Jane and Peter would have had.
    Make her a teenager or what have you, maybe even start her off as evil/working for some evil entity(probably Mephisto or an underling so that Mephisto has plausible deniability for the time being)
    And have it be a mystery who this new "spider-person" was causing all this trouble.

Have it eventually revealed, that it's Mayday, the child Peter and Mary Jane would have had, but essentially gave up in order to save Aunt May's life.
    Have that part of the story given to Mayday and shaped her growth which is why she holds disdain for Peter, Mary Jane, Aunt May, etc.

Give her an arc where she eventually becomes her own version of a hero, and create something of a barrier with her and Peter that they'll eventually work through years later when they finally embrace as father and daughter. But also having it create something of a tension between her and Mephisto.

Which eventually leads to the potential prophecy happening, but it gets more layers when you realize Memphisto had used the happiness he took from MJ and Peter in order to create Mayday in the first place as she WOULD have been their happiness.

Giving this scene full context but also an element of personal vendetta, and their story(Mayday and Mephisto's) needing to reach it's conclusive showdown.

That's how I'd do it anyway.
    It also doesn't compromise any future stories editorial wants to tell.
    Mayday exists in the 616 as a teenager(and grows with time). Peter doesn't have to be "married". Peter and MJ's relationship can be anything the writers at the time want to play around with, because Mayday already exists. And Mayday exists as a final consequence to OMD being that she's what they unknowingly gave up when they sacrificed their marriage, and Mephisto feeds off of that for one final cruel joke while also in his arrogance, unwittingly creating the person that ultimately leads to his defeat at some point in the future.
    I dig that!

Mighty Member

I mean once you undo OMD you just sort of let them progress. I would want a "honeymoon' period again for them just for a while to reset things given the last fifteen years of wasted time (well, more like 12 when you subract the Spencer run), but then let MJ get pregnant and tell stories during that time for a while. nine months in Marvel time would take like four years normal time, so maybe you have to speed it up a little bit but honestly there's a lot to go over there. MJ's going to have anxieties after the last time. Peter's going to worry about villains. there's still superhero stuff to do. Like you stil have to do other stuff, it's not their whole life. But yeah give us 80 issues over four years, whatever. And then you can do the same with baby May. The marvel universe continues to age up, and you can continually show tthe Peter is too thorugh this process while still telling Spider-Man stories, still having plenty to struggle with. Heck, it might even give them a good way to introduce a new supporting cast eventually when May gets into school. There's just a lot you can do.

Mighty Member

I'd simply use the story that was already there.

Mayday was nabbed by Norman Osborn at the end of the Clone Saga, her death faked.

She was raised by nannies as an Osborn, and initially appears as an early teen, who hates Spider-man. Only to learn the truth when she manifests spider powers and slowly come into the family orbit

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Two ways:

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    So Mephisto is the Owlman of the Spider-Verse, I like it.

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I'd simply use the story that was already there.

Mayday was nabbed by Norman Osborn at the end of the Clone Saga, her death faked.

She was raised by nannies as an Osborn, and initially appears as an early teen, who hates Spider-man. Only to learn the truth when she manifests spider powers and slowly come into the family orbit
    Yeah and to explain why Good Norman doesn’t just reveal this truth to Peter well let’s just say that memory only belongs to his Goblin side that was taken from him by Sin Eater.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'd keep it simple. One more day is undone, Aunt May dies, if we are staying in current time a few memory flashes on what would have happened had one more day not happened, peter and MJ find Mayday alive, MJ gives birth to their son. Peter goes running home as he is flooded with this memories of moments that should have happened and opens the door. MJ is there with the kids. "Welcome home, tiger." She got the same memories but from her perspective.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

I'd do a re-marriage and time skip, just reintroduce Mayday as a kid they had recently. Just have it be where this girl is given the name of their first attempt at a child. Maybe have her as a toddler with a two year skip. Red-hair, like the girl seen in the flashforward that I feel was meant to be a 616 Mayday already.

Also Aunt May is dead. She should have been out of the comics decades ago. Still can't believe we're wasting time keeping her around.