Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    My solution would be something akin to what happened with Wanda but a little different.

Mephisto wanted to "feast on" Mary Jane and Peter's happiness when he made the deal right?
    Have that happiness manifest itself into a person. That person being Mayday, the child that Mary Jane and Peter would have had.
    Make her a teenager or what have you, maybe even start her off as evil/working for some evil entity(probably Mephisto or an underling so that Mephisto has plausible deniability for the time being)
    And have it be a mystery who this new "spider-person" was causing all this trouble.

Have it eventually revealed, that it's Mayday, the child Peter and Mary Jane would have had, but essentially gave up in order to save Aunt May's life.
    Have that part of the story given to Mayday and shaped her growth which is why she holds disdain for Peter, Mary Jane, Aunt May, etc.

Give her an arc where she eventually becomes her own version of a hero, and create something of a barrier with her and Peter that they'll eventually work through years later when they finally embrace as father and daughter. But also having it create something of a tension between her and Mephisto.

Which eventually leads to the potential prophecy happening, but it gets more layers when you realize Mephisto had used the happiness he took from MJ and Peter in order to create Mayday in the first place as she WOULD have been their happiness.

Giving this scene full context but also an element of personal vendetta, and their story(Mayday and Mephisto's) needing to reach it's conclusive showdown.

That's how I'd do it anyway.
    It also doesn't compromise any future stories editorial wants to tell.
    Mayday exists in the 616 as a teenager(and grows with time). Peter doesn't have to be "married". Peter and MJ's relationship can be anything the writers at the time want to play around with, because Mayday already exists. And Mayday exists initially as an antagonist as a final consequence to OMD being that she's what they unknowingly gave up when they sacrificed their marriage, and Mephisto feeds off of that for one final cruel joke. But also in his arrogance, unwittingly creating the person that ultimately leads to his defeat at some point in the future.
    I dig that!

Glad you liked it

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Two ways:

- First idea would be to just have the Peter and MJ of Lost Hunt replace the current Peter and MJ.

- Second idea is preferred and is an extension of the plot from Across the Spider-verse. Do not read if you have not watched the movie and do not want to be spoiled.

spoilers:
    The Mephisto deal that saved Aunt May and undid the marriage was a massive canon anomaly that eventually causes the Spider-verse to start unraveling. As per the canon, Spider-man's Aunt must die (and Peter and Mary Jane must marry) so that their daughter Mayday is born. Because of the Mephisto deal, Mayday is never born. Without those events happening, without the future 616 Spider-woman existing, Mephisto will destroy 616. This, in turn, threatens the very existence of the Spider-verse as the 616 comics are the "prime" canon from which all others derive. And so alt Mayday and a team of other Spider-characters try set the prime canon of the Spider-verse back to its original state. The story basically writes itself.
    end of spoilers
    This is the way.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    I'd do a re-marriage and time skip, just reintroduce Mayday as a kid they had recently. Just have it be where this girl is given the name of their first attempt at a child. Maybe have her as a toddler with a two year skip.
    A two year time skip would affect the entire Marvel Comics publishing line. It would derail what every other writer on every other comic is doing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    A two year time skip would affect the entire Marvel Comics publishing line. It would derail what every other writer on every other comic is doing.
    They did a 6 month time skip for this garbage run. Didn't do a 6 month time skip on every other Marvel comic. So I guess Spidey is just 6 months ahead of everyone?

No? Of course not. It's Marvel comics. They can make it work just fine. Franklin has been a kid for decades. It's comics, for god's sake.

Incredible Member

Technically, how old would Mayday be? If she were still alive/discovered to be alive? Peter is like, what? 27? 28, canonically? I always assumed he was cloned at like, age 20, Ben was on the road for those 5 years, and roughly two to three years after Ben died have passed due to Marvel’s sliding timeline. That would make baby-May at least 3 years old if they folded her back into continuity?

I’m not to sure about the old 97’ Heroes Reborn Universe/Counter Earth either that Franklin Richard’s created. Was there ever a Peter Parker and Mary Jane from that Earth?

Maybe at lot of the mess with current Mary Jane, Peter and Mayday can be “brushed over” saying it’s been their counterparts we’ve been dealing with since, OMIT. I don’t have a dog in this fight, I’m not THAT big of a fan of MJ/Peter, but I do love Mayday, so… that’s just my two cents.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    They did a 6 month time skip for this garbage run. Didn't do a 6 month time skip on every other Marvel comic. So I guess Spidey is just 6 months ahead of everyone?

No? Of course not. It's Marvel comics. They can make it work just fine. Franklin has been a kid for decades. It's comics, for god's sake.
    Skipping months is fine. It's negligible. The Marvel line takes place only at approximately the same time, the story events aren't necessarily taking place the same week or same month. But 2 years is too big of a gap, that's no longer approximately the same time. A Marvel Editor-In-Chief wouldn't approve a two-year time-skip for Amazing Spider-Man without taking into consideration the entire Marvel line. The X-Men office and Avengers office and any other offices would all have to weigh in on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Skipping months is fine. It's negligible. The Marvel line takes place only at approximately the same time, the story events aren't necessarily taking place the same week or same month. But 2 years is too big of a gap, that's no longer approximately the same time. A Marvel Editor-In-Chief wouldn't approve a two-year time-skip for Amazing Spider-Man without taking into consideration the entire Marvel line. The X-Men office and Avengers office and any other offices would all have to weigh in on it.
    There's a million easy explanations around it. Say Peter retired from being Spidey for 2 years to focus on his family. Or something horrible happened where he couldn't be a hero for two years. Maybe he lost his powers for a while. Again, lots of easy ways to do it. From then, if we're doing a magic reboot anyway, you can just say the previous 2 years he was retired/powerless/what-have-you and it's still 2023. Just that something is retconned to have happened in 2021. Spidey was in a big event of the last 2 years? It was Miles instead, or Ben Reilly not being evil.

Bing. Bang. Boom. Problem solved. Like I said, it's comics. You don't gotta think hard to explain this stuff away. Hell, just say the Beyonder messed with time and space for kicks.

Norman hired Baron Mordo or somebody to hide the baby from magical detection.
    This had the side effect that when Mephisto got rid of the marriage he didn't realise May had already been born. Mephisto created a timeline in which May had never been born; but because she was protected by the previously mentioned spell she still exists. Norman meanwhile forgot who she was so one of his minions put her up for adoption or into an orphanage somewhere.

Bonus points: because May has never been born magic can't detect or affect her. (Hand waving about true names and so on. The capacities of magic in the Marvel Universe have always worked on the basis of plot.) This is why she will be able to defeat Mephisto. By trying to avert the prophecy of his defeat, Mephisto has actually brought it about.
    (This has always happened with people trying to avert prophecies. Really intelligent narcissisitic characters like Mephisto have always thought that this time trying to avert the prophecy will work for them.)
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

double posted
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I'd simply use the story that was already there.

Mayday was nabbed by Norman Osborn at the end of the Clone Saga, her death faked.

She was raised by nannies as an Osborn, and initially appears as an early teen, who hates Spider-man. Only to learn the truth when she manifests spider powers and slowly come into the family orbit
    Yeah, one complication is why Osborn wouldn't say anything now that his soul was cleansed, although there could easily be some memory-wipe (perhaps part of a program the Green Goblin had to return in case Norman was ever cured again.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Norman hired Baron Mordo or somebody to hide the baby from magical detection.
    This had the side effect that when Mephisto got rid of the marriage he didn't realise May had already been born. Mephisto created a timeline in which May had never been born; but because she was protected by the previously mentioned spell she still exists. Norman meanwhile forgot who she was so one of his minions put her up for adoption or into an orphanage somewhere.

Bonus points: because May has never been born magic can't detect or affect her. (Hand waving about true names and so on. The capacities of magic in the Marvel Universe have always worked on the basis of plot.) This is why she will be able to defeat Mephisto. By trying to avert the prophecy of his defeat, Mephisto has actually brought it about.
    (This has always happened with people trying to avert prophecies. Really intelligent narcissisitic characters like Mephisto have always thought that this time trying to avert the prophecy will work for them.)
    Then have the timeline reset with her being raised by her parents her whole life

All-New Member

people are overthinking it just make her show up as an adult like how power girl did after the first crisis

Go the X-men route. Strand her in the past.

She fights, I dunno, Kang's daughter? Stryfe's grandson? Something like that, and gets stuck in modern times. She shows up to Peter's place one days and goes "Oh, hi. I'm your kid from the future. Do you have a spare room or at least a couch I can sleep on?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yeah, one complication is why Osborn wouldn't say anything now that his soul was cleansed, although there could easily be some memory-wipe (perhaps part of a program the Green Goblin had to return in case Norman was ever cured again.)
    OR, maybe it's actually an accomplice doing it for Osborn. Maybe Osborn just never got notified for some reason?