Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm rooting for that Grim Reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    Her character design is so bad.
    Really ?
    I love it, personally. Maybe add some high heels ?

I love everything about Mother Righteous. Her design, her speak pattern, her "thank you" shanenigans...

Orbis Stellaris I didn't care even before the revelation of him being a Sinister clone and I like him even less now.

Dr Stasis is alright I guess.

mother righteous who finally wears shoes lol

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    Ah, that's what was bothering me. Either no shoes or heels !

Here's something interesting: the building Stasis and Righteous are walking away from (which might also be the building they were having dinner in) is also the building Selene was in Immortal X-Men 2.

Immortal X-Men 2:

IXM2.jpg

The Sinister Four:

xmenbtfsinf2023001023_col.jpg

In IXM 2, I believe it was called the Valiente Room and it was a Coven Akkaba base that Selene retreated to after enchanting the External Gate.
    Does anyone know if this is a real place near London Bridge or is it a new location created by Gillen and Werneck?

I wonder what's the significance of the place - is MR's Sanctum Malefica located around London?

EDIT: As Big Joe pointed out, this is actually Tower Bridge, not London Bridge.
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 06-04-2023 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    Yep. I hate it.
    Free the feet from their prison.

This is just one of these odd things about comics. It's established how a character looks. Why deviate from it in such a way?
    I mean her spheres are also blue here when they were more yellow previously. Apparently she upgrade to LED lights
    "This is me being reasonable"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Here's something interesting: the building Stasis and Righteous are walking away from (which might also be the building they were having dinner in) is also the building Selene was in Immortal X-Men 2.

IXM2.jpg

In IXM 2, I believe it was called the Valiente Room and it was a Coven Akkaba base that Selene retreated to after enchanting the External Gate.
    Does anyone know if this is a real place near London Bridge or is it a new location created by Gillen and Werneck?

I wonder what's the significance of the place - is MR's Sanctum Malefica located around London?
    That's not London Bridge. It's Tower Bridge.

IXM2.jpg

Ugh imagine if we’d had Selene as a consistent recurring antagonist opposing the council in Immortal instead of killing her off after two issues. Glad she’s back, but ngl that left a sour taste.

To your point about MR being in the same building, I’m wondering if we’re going to see a Selene + MR alliance. We know that Shaw has made a prior deal with MR and one of his first big power moves is bringing Selene onto the council.

Immortal X-Men 2:

IXM2.jpg

The Sinister Four:

xmenbtfsinf2023001023_col.jpg

EDIT: As Big Joe pointed out, this is actually Tower Bridge, not London Bridge.
    That is a great and interesting find. Thank you!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

MR not having shoes is more then a character design choice I think. MR is associated with magic and magic based religions. in many the feeling of the ground underneath your feet to connect with the energy of the planet. I think it is an actual character trait not just a trait of artist decision.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    MR not having shoes is more then a character design choice I think. MR is associated with magic and magic based religions. in many the feeling of the ground underneath your feet to connect with the energy of the planet. I think it is an actual character trait not just a trait of artist decision.
    It is indeed a trope.
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...icalBarefooter

And pretty much everyone who has played Elden Ring has seen it this trope in action too. None of the sorcerer characters wear shoes.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    It is indeed a trope.
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...icalBarefooter

And pretty much everyone who has played Elden Ring has seen it this trope in action too. None of the sorcerer characters wear shoes.
    I would say it is more sterotype then just a trope. From my understanding there are quite similar. Well trope I understand to be just based off something that was made up becoming accepted idea. Well sterotypes arise from more truth taken out of context. Sorta like the sterotype of Asians being math genius. It is more a take on a cultural aspect. ut that is my understanding. Stereotyping sorcerers to not wearing shoes actually does come from culutral aspect, which goes back so far as to be pre-Druid even. And often times A LOT of people didnt wear shoes, because the tech to make it affordable to the masses was not created for centuries after that, back then handmade shoes for for the higher classes. So very similar but slightly different?

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Agreed. I am so over this storyline.
    Mutant and Proud!